MLB Hot Stove League 2023-24

Scott Effross had back surgery over the winter and will be out until July
Ouch
Is it bad that I am setting odds in my head on when Rodon gets hurt?

This is not a Championship roster in my opinion. I still think they need a bat, bullpen piece, and a starter.
I don't love Judge in CF all season.
I thought Soto played LF?

I have too admit I am a little more excited for this season than in the past few, Soto in this lineup excites me. I WANT to watch.

Probably getting way ahead of myself here but I could see future Yankees outfield as : Soto, Jones, Dominguez
Judge to 1B and DH

If Dominguez and Jones pan out, and we resign Soto, that is a filthy outfield for a decade.
Volpe at SS and Wells at C is a nice up the middle connection to Dominguez in CF

Maybe it all starts coming together again. Not looking too terrible, a few good pitching prospects coming along as well in Hampton and Warren.

I am cautiously optimistic - and I'm a 90% pessimist.

Looking forward to watching this afternoon.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I have too admit I am a little more excited for this season than in the past few, Soto in this lineup excites me. I WANT to watch.

Probably getting way ahead of myself here but I could see future Yankees outfield as : Soto, Jones, Dominguez
Judge to 1B and DH

If Dominguez and Jones pan out, and we resign Soto, that is a filthy outfield for a decade.
Volpe at SS and Wells at C is a nice up the middle connection to Dominguez in CF

Maybe it all starts coming together again. Not looking too terrible, a few good pitching prospects coming along as well in Hampton and Warren.

I am cautiously optimistic - and I'm a 90% pessimist.

Looking forward to watching this afternoon.
I'm excited to see Soto too

But wow!
I think this is the first time since we started these threads regularly that the big cat was bullish on the Yankees!

My thoughts... The Yankees will be better than last season I know that's not saying much... not sure what the optimism was about last year when they made almost no major moves from the year before.

Hopefully the addition of Soto will add 75-100 additional runs over last year. And I have high hopes for Stroman I think he could easily be better than Rodon. Still not sure what the hype is about Rodon, he's never impressed me.

Think they could win 98 games this year... so I'm bullish on the Over of 93.5 wins for the season.

Dear lord - from what I have been reading - Soto is going to be looking for more $ than Ohtani. Can you say 14 years and $700 mill??? His agent is Scott Boras. This is Hal - not George. Unfortunately - he could wind up with the Mets which for me personally is a real kick in the balls. BUT!! I can be happy with an OF of Judge, Dominguez and Spencer Jones. I have to think Yanks will use money they thought they could get Soto for can go to an elite starter and other needs. I just can’t justify that kind of money for Soto. Ohtani brings in tremendous revenue that Soto doesn’t. Let’s enjoy this season and then move on.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Dear lord - from what I have been reading - Soto is going to be looking for more $ than Ohtani. Can you say 14 years and $700 mill??? His agent is Scott Boras. This is Hal - not George. Unfortunately - he could wind up with the Mets which for me personally is a real kick in the balls. BUT!! I can be happy with an OF of Judge, Dominguez and Spencer Jones. I have to think Yanks will use money they thought they could get Soto for can go to an elite starter and other needs. I just can’t justify that kind of money for Soto. Ohtani brings in tremendous revenue that Soto doesn’t. Let’s enjoy this season and then move on.
Can we save that for next off season?
Let's just enjoy Soto in 2024

I don't think he is staying either. He is going to the highest bidder. Personally,I think he likes the NL. I want a championship! If he helps us win a world series this year I really don't care where he goes.

At least there is some excitement surrounding this team this season. Every clip I see they're all smiling, joking around. They seem loose, focused, and tight knit.

That ball Soto hit out yesterday was impressive, fastball away and he crushed it oppo!
He will go wherever he goes, in the present Soto is a Yankee and maybe if the fans treat him like a god and they have a huge post season run he will choose to stay.

Boras can ask for all he wants, Bellinger was suppose to get north of 200 million, Snell isn't getting 9 years and 270 million, and Monty will be lucky to crack 150 million. Nobody wants Matt Chapman with his declining numbers and increasing strikeout rate. Only a handful of teams can pay these ridiculous contracts.

13 Years / 500 Million / Opt out after year 3 and year 5 / Full No Trade
This would be my offer
Those opt outs are huge, they are his age 28 and 30 - Prime.