MLB Hot Stove League 2023-24

I think JD Martinez is good but Mets aren’t a contender this year so I don’t get it. I think it would have served them better to give those ABs to some kids to see what they have and to develop players to help them in 25 and 26 when they may be more competitive. This guy is 37.he won’t be part of the equation by the time the Mets may be ready.

They will never be ready.
You only Hope!?

A rather Un Necessary Inflammatory Comment!?

Time for my Obligatory comment re: Yankees/Mets rivalry? Statement

If your such a confident Yankee, why do you even care about the Mets to the point of taking needless shots at them.
It always reeks of either faux confidence or Bully-ism.

Just curious what it is that leads to this?

billyS

Reign of Terror
You only Hope!?

A rather Un Necessary Inflammatory Comment!?

Time for my Obligatory comment re: Yankees/Mets rivalry? Statement

If your such a confident Yankee, why do you even care about the Mets to the point of taking needless shots at them.
It always reeks of either faux confidence or Bully-ism.

Just curious what it is that leads to this?
This thread is about both teams and @joeyboy is frequent contributor.
I see him eviscerate both teams constantly.

I think JD Martinez is good but Mets aren’t a contender this year so I don’t get it. I think it would have served them better to give those ABs to some kids to see what they have and to develop players to help them in 25 and 26 when they may be more competitive. This guy is 37.he won’t be part of the equation by the time the Mets may be ready.
Maybe Trade bait at deadline if they fall out of contention, pick up a decent prospect or two?

Yankees 2024
89-73

Very suspect starting pitching, especially Rodon and Cortes
Bullpen seems like its missing a piece, can 'Lo stay healthy all year

Feeling like the DJ injury is worse than they saying.

billyS

Reign of Terror
perhaps - but they aren’t developing Vientos who they’ve been high on.
With their pitching they really aren't serious contenders so giving Vientos 400-500 at bats would have been a good idea.

Martinez doesn't really move the needle it just makes some of the veterans feel better about the season.

I always felt the Yankees made a similar mistake back in the early 90's when they sucked. I wanted to see them give Hensley Muelens at bats but they gave them to Mel Hall instead.

I wasn't impressed with him Sunday, honestly. Yes 3 scoreless, but was in and out of trouble with only 3 regulars in Yankee lineup.
A flyer, sure why not. But if he that much of a headache he needed to be more dominant imo.

What headache? Does anybody really care anymore? I think everyone including clubs are overthinking that aspect.
And He would probably take a Minor league offer just to get his foot in the door. With that if he even pitched to the level of a solid 4th starter(likely) it's a steal.
I would almost always bet on Talent with a chip on it's shoulder.

What headache? Does anybody really care anymore? I think everyone including clubs are overthinking that aspect.
And He would probably take a Minor league offer just to get his foot in the door. With that if he even pitched to the level of a solid 4th starter(likely) it's a steal.
I would almost always bet on Talent with a chip on it's shoulder.
I like that last sentence.