MLB Hot Stove League 2023-24

billyS

Reign of Terror
Time to play GM guys.

Extend Alonso?

Trade for Soto, sign Bellringer?

Put those conversations here.

Yanks, Mets, all MLB topics.

Yankees are literally linked to everyone. Its maddening reading some of these articles. You all know the names so I am not going to repeat them. A few thoughts:

Yankees need a minimum of 2 lefty bats, minimum.
Rodon contract is a killer if he doesn't straighten it out.
If they trade for Soto they must sign him in a trade and sign.
Not sure how much they are willing to increase payroll, 60 million coming off books.
I might pump the brakes on Bellinger, gut says I just don't trust his return to being legit after a few years of not.

I think Hader is signed and becomes their closer
Kiermeier is signed to keep center field warm for the martian.
LF is either Soto, Bellinger, possibly Gurriel.
Yamamoto or Montgomery are signed, Montas is retained on a 1 year deal
Maybe in a Soto deal we take Cronenworth back , they take Stanton ( I think he waives his no trade to go to San Diego).

We flip Torres and a prospect for something?
Is DJ the 3rd Baseman, is he the 2nd Baseman if we flip Torres, or is Peraza?

Lots and lots of unanswered questions and intrigue.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yankees are literally linked to everyone. Its maddening reading some of these articles. You all know the names so I am not going to repeat them. A few thoughts:

Yankees need a minimum of 2 lefty bats, minimum.
Rodon contract is a killer if he doesn't straighten it out.
If they trade for Soto they must sign him in a trade and sign.
Not sure how much they are willing to increase payroll, 60 million coming off books.
I might pump the brakes on Bellinger, gut says I just don't trust his return to being legit after a few years of not.

I think Hader is signed and becomes their closer
Kiermeier is signed to keep center field warm for the martian.
LF is either Soto, Bellinger, possibly Gurriel.
Yamamoto or Montgomery are signed, Montas is retained on a 1 year deal
Maybe in a Soto deal we take Cronenworth back , they take Stanton ( I think he waives his no trade to go to San Diego).

We flip Torres and a prospect for something?
Is DJ the 3rd Baseman, is he the 2nd Baseman if we flip Torres, or is Peraza?

Lots and lots of unanswered questions and intrigue.
I think you're right on point with everything you wrote.
Kiermeir only if it's a one year deal which he might not except. But he is just so injury prone.

I like the Stanton/Cronenworth angle.
I'd really like to see a huge old time 70's blockbuster and along with prospects send Stanton and Gleyber and bring back Manny and Soto.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Bellinger to Yankees is picking up some more steam. Love the potential of that lefty swing in stadium, but IDK.
We keep hearing Bellinger and Soto from the scribes but then Cashman is talking about these two shlubs from the Cardinals that are left handed hitters. The Cardinals won 72 games last year. Unless you're talking Arenado I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear about Donovan, Burleson or Carlson. These guys are scrubs and that's why the Cardinals sucked last year.

But those fucking morons in the analytics department are probably selling them to Cashman based on exit velocity and/or launch angle.

We keep hearing Bellinger and Soto from the scribes but then Cashman is talking about these two shlubs from the Cardinals that are left handed hitters. The Cardinals won 72 games last year. Unless you're talking Arenado I don't want to hear it. I don't want to hear about Donovan, Burleson or Carlson. These guys are scrubs and that's why the Cardinals sucked last year.

But those fucking morons in the analytics department are probably selling them to Cashman based on exit velocity and/or launch angle.
Don't want any of those bums.

I don't have much faith in Cashman and Hal doing something as bold as trading for Soto, signing Yamamoto and Bellinger. I am expecting an offseason of noname acquisitions. I hate being pessimistic - I just have a bad feeling.

I don't have much faith in Cashman and Hal doing something as bold as trading for Soto, signing Yamamoto and Bellinger. I am expecting an offseason of noname acquisitions. I hate being pessimistic - I just have a bad feeling.
I lean your way as well, but I could see them toss a ton of money at the wrong free agent as well.
Fan base will rebel if they don't make significant moves.
I am still surprised Hal let Cashman speak that way to those reporters and still has a job. He not only represents the Yankees brand, but all their business partners.

I think you're right on point with everything you wrote.
Kiermeir only if it's a one year deal which he might not except. But he is just so injury prone.

I like the Stanton/Cronenworth angle.
I'd really like to see a huge old time 70's blockbuster and along with prospects send Stanton and Gleyber and bring back Manny and Soto.
Nobody is taking Stanton
Even if he OKs a trade.
He can't hit or stay on the field.
Also owed 90 million

billyS

Reign of Terror
How do you guys feel on some of the Yankees rumors of the past few days;

Trade Cole now while his value is at its peak?

Sign Trevor Bauer to team with Cole now that it's been proven that bitch lied to extort him ( although I thought Cole didn't like him)

Trade for Rays Manual Margot to fill in CF?

I'll start with the last one. I agree with Micheal Kay, if the Rays are willing to trade him within the Division they know something.

I've said it myself in these threads, the Rays almost never make a bad deal. They get rid of guys just at the right time all the time.
Actually, if I'm Cashman I engage the Rays to see who they want. Then I hold onto that prospect.

How do you guys feel on some of the Yankees rumors of the past few days;

Trade Cole now while his value is at its peak?

Sign Trevor Bauer to team with Cole now that it's been proven that bitch lied to extort him ( although I thought Cole didn't like him)

Trade for Rays Manual Margot to fill in CF?

I'll start with the last one. I agree with Micheal Kay, if the Rays are willing to trade him within the Division they know something.

I've said it myself in these threads, the Rays almost never make a bad deal. They get rid of guys just at the right time all the time.
Actually, if I'm Cashman I engage the Rays to see who they want. Then I hold onto that prospect.
If the price is right I would move Cole but attach Stanton and would still demand a big return. He has another year great in 2024 and he will opt out. Last chance to cash in, that said I would be open to ANYTHING, as this team needs to get creative and save some money.

I would take a flier on Bauers for sure, he fucks up once and he's gone. Restrict ALL of his social media platforms as a rule in his contract. Side note: How is that bitch not in jail?

I wouldn't touch Margot, rather Kiermeyer.
Good point about the rays knowing something might be up. Even better point @billyS about engaging them on what prospects they want, then not moving those prospects.

Its been quiet thus far, Yankees are attached to everyone so its hard to see through the trees at what they are going to do.
I still would shy away from Bellinger with a contract north of 200 million. I just don't trust.

I want no part of Chapman

Is Hader, Kiermeyer, Soto, and either Monty or Yamamoto too much to ask for?

billyS

Reign of Terror
If the price is right I would move Cole but attach Stanton and would still demand a big return. He has another year great in 2024 and he will opt out. Last chance to cash in, that said I would be open to ANYTHING, as this team needs to get creative and save some money.

I would take a flier on Bauers for sure, he fucks up once and he's gone. Restrict ALL of his social media platforms as a rule in his contract. Side note: How is that bitch not in jail?

I wouldn't touch Margot, rather Kiermeyer.
Good point about the rays knowing something might be up. Even better point @billyS about engaging them on what prospects they want, then not moving those prospects.

Its been quiet thus far, Yankees are attached to everyone so its hard to see through the trees at what they are going to do.
I still would shy away from Bellinger with a contract north of 200 million. I just don't trust.

I want no part of Chapman

Is Hader, Kiermeyer, Soto, and either Monty or Yamamoto too much to ask for?
I want no part of Chapman either. His offense has been trending down ever since his one good year. Reminds me of Chase Beasley.

I'd be in on Nola and see what he's asking for.

EXTREMELY important!!!! If Cole opts out the Yankees have an option to tack on one more year onto his contract and keep him. I am sure they will do that. Keep Cole. DOn't trade for Margot - he isn't very good. NO Chapman! Sign Monty if you can. Trade for Soto and sign Yamamoto. OH! sign Kiermyer to cover CF till the martian is bck.