MLB Hot Stove League 2023-24

I know some of Stroman's family. He being from Medford and me living in Patchogue I have known some of his family for years now. In fact I am good friends with his cousin who I have actually worked with for the last 22 years or so. All I can say is that Marcus Stroman Hates the Yankees! Lol But for almost $40 mil he can play close to his hometown and family and act like he likes them.

I can't believe how many top free agents still aren't signed.

1 month until pitchers and catchers report....if this is the Yankees roster for the start of 2024 I have to say in my opinion its NOT championship caliber. Luke Weaver is rotation depth right now. Peraza and Cabrerra are the extra infielders - Neither hit for shit last year.
Bullpen could use some pieces, lineup still is missing a bat. Rotation will be a mess if Cortes doesn't return to form and Rodon shits the bed again. Lets not sugar coat him being a bounce back candidate, last start of the season against the Royals he allowed 8 earned runs without getting an out and his fastball was down 3 MPH.

I know that we were spoiled during the dynasty run, but the Yankees have nobody that can consistently close games on the playoffs. I didn’t expect them to pay for Hader, but he would’ve easily been their best reliever.

I’m surprised that the Orioles have yet to sign a big name pitcher. Maybe Monty thought I’ve felt all along he would resign with Texas.

Also, no offers for Snell? Maybe he takes the Yankees offer?

I know that we were spoiled during the dynasty run, but the Yankees have nobody that can consistently close games on the playoffs. I didn’t expect them to pay for Hader, but he would’ve easily been their best reliever.
The only issue is that we don’t get the opportunity to close playoff games. Holmes has done a good job as the closer.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Corbin Burnes to the Orioles cementing their favoritism to win the East.
It didn't seem the Orioles gave up much for him. Just one Prospect who was #64 in the top 100.

Maybe the Brewers were asking for Spencer Jones from the Yankees who I think is ranked around the same.

Difference is O's have a ton of high end prospects and a young team so they prospects to spare.

Seems like they gave up very little if you look at the projections for the two players going to Milwaukee.
Burnes would have been nice.

Reliever out there that I wouldn't mind then signing is Ryan Stanek, numbers last 2 years have been great.

I would take a flier on Ryu or Syndergaard for rotation depth, they seem to try a little harder when the pinstripes go on.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Seems like they gave up very little if you look at the projections for the two players going to Milwaukee.
Burnes would have been nice.

Reliever out there that I wouldn't mind then signing is Ryan Stanek, numbers last 2 years have been great.

I would take a flier on Ryu or Syndergaard for rotation depth, they seem to try a little harder when the pinstripes go on.
Supposedly the Yankees were one of the 15 teams watching Thor work out last week.

Maybe the Brewers were asking for Spencer Jones from the Yankees who I think is ranked around the same.
It seems that the expectations are too high. He sure does strike out a lot. 2023 stats - 537 plate appearances - 155 strike outs.

My guess is that he'll start at Somerset/AA. If he's not playing well at AAA late in the season our projections could be off, though I hope to see him in spring training.

Burnes is a beast, wrecking ball. O's won 101 games without an ace last year.
They going to be tough, Yankees rotation is paper thin.
Why are there reports about Yankees signing Urshela? Where is he playing??

I thought the big free agents would all be signed by end of this week.

Cabrerra
Peraza
Volpe
DJ
Torres
Rizzo

Are they maybe moving Torres for pitching?
Have no faith in Peraza or Cabrerra??

I will say this, they better figure out if Peraza and Pereira are the shit before their value plummets like all the other prospects Cashman has held onto too long.

I think Peraza's and Pereira's value has already come down somewhat. They are not going to get a lot of ABs anyway. They should trade them now to get as much as they can for them. Utility infielders are not tough to come by. Keep Cabrerra since he can play literally everywhere.