Girl friend experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by popeye
I just thought another name for what Monsieur Wwanderer describes is good marketing.
I was being sarcastic of course, without the benefit of an appropriate emoticon as usual.

-Ww

Originally posted by Cat_Ballou
All other quibbling about the meaning of GFE aside, I find it amazing how many men here (although not in this thread, to be clear) seem to want an encounter with a woman who treats him like she's his girlfriend, but is still determined to treat her like a whore... nychelsea's approach is admirable, and will get you further... (honey and vinegar, etc...)

Like I always say: "What we make of [our time together] is up to us..."
Of course I agree with this. But what you describe is what inevitably happens when "GFE" becomes a service offered rather than a description of something that happens every once in a while, when the circumstances are right.

I mean, if a prostitute advertises herself as providing "GFE" (usually as part of a long list of acronyms),* or if johns describe her as "a GFE", what are johns supposed to expect?

No argument here. I guess it's just a bit odd to me, because although my overall M.O. is inherently "GFE-style" in the broad sense of the term (DFK, etc.), I wouldn't characterize all my sessions as GFEs; not because of any difference in my conscious approach to a given session, but because of the man himself and the emotional tenor he brings to it. (It's really difficult to feel much of a connection to someone who refuses to look you in the eye while he's fucking you...)

This is going to sound ridiculous, given the general agreement that the term "GFE" has become virtually meaningless, but I would suggest that perhaps a "true GFE session" isn't something a provider gives (in the sense of active/passive) to a client as she might give him a BBBJ, but rather, it simply informs the desired overall emotional nature of the encounter, by both parties?

Fat lot of help that is, huh? Sorry, ;-) ...

Thing is, though, that I agree with you completely.

(If I remember right, "GFE" started out being used the way you and I see it -- not as a service given, but as a description of something that happens on occassion. So it wasn't that guys would say, "She's a 'GFE'", but rather they'd say [with a sense of wonder, as if they couldn't believe how lucky they got], "And then we had an hour of girlfriend sex." There was no expectation that this would happen for anyone else -- or even that it would be the same for the same john if he happened to see the same prostitute at a different time. Mindsets being what they are, however, "girlfriend sex" transmogrified into "GFE" transmogrified into a service rather than a description. And -- IMO -- it's been a source of misunderstanding and intellectual laziness, if not outright fraud, ever since.)

I posted a little observation on GFE on another thread. Obviously I am so out of it, today, I can't find my way around. But I think it's hopeless to fuss about definitions. GFE now has a life of its own, among the crowd interested in pay for play. I think it's evolved to mean nothing more than "friendly" as opposed to "mechanical" which is actually a useful distinction. Or perhaps it's "friendly-friendly" as opposed to "mechanical-friendly."

Some people, of course really prefer the mechanical. I'll bet there are johns who avoid any promise of GFE.

And not only that. I GUARANTEE you that those guys I'm talking about would get REAL, REAL angry if a prostitute advertised a "GFE" but then didn't provide DFK and BBBJ, and defended herself by saying, "Hey, but I'm friendly."

JL,

I think you have it quite correct with the two acronyms that you mentioned. I would add that treating the lady with respect, kindness, and understanding will make the GFE experience even better (at least, this is an "old pro's" experience). A compliment or two will go a long way but be wary of the danger of overdoing it.

Both Miss Cat and Miss Angelika have it right - they know, brother! And I'm no shill for them because I have never met either of them.

Chels

I also don't think it makes much sense to say you can "make a GFE even better" by being nice. Not if you agree with Cat and Anjelika, anyway. If you look at it their way, you create the possibility of a "GFE" by being nice.

Originally posted by nychelsea
I think you have it quite correct with the two acronyms that you mentioned. I would add that treating the lady with respect, kindness, and understanding will make the GFE experience even better (at least, this is an "old pro's" experience). A compliment or two will go a long way but be wary of the danger of overdoing it.
In short, treat her like a human being that you want to like a lot... Compliments are fine, so long as they have the ring of truth to them (false-sounding compliments are the provider equivalent of the rehearsed "ooooh, baby baby" moans that so many of you rightly find off-putting: yeah, me and who else's army?)...

I'm always friendly. I always kiss, etc. But if you want a GFE with me, you have to be willing to let me in, and you have to come to the party, too...

Originally posted by justlooking
And not only that. I GUARANTEE you that those guys I'm talking about would get REAL, REAL angry if a prostitute advertised a "GFE" but then didn't provide DFK and BBBJ, and defended herself by saying, "Hey, but I'm friendly."

Maybe you're right. It did not occur to me that GFE was actually cold-blooded code for DFK and BBBJ...I always thought GFE was just a way to advertise the adding of a little feel-good humanity (symbolized by the phrase girl friend) to a dollar-and-cents event.

Why can't people just be their natural selves and let things happen naturally

Originally posted by justlooking
I also don't think it makes much sense to say you can "make a GFE even better" by being nice. Not if you agree with Cat and Anjelika, anyway. If you look at it their way, you create the possibility of a "GFE" by being nice.
I'm hot hot hot for you, you're so cold

Don't you think by now I can tell when a man is being sincere because it's in his nature that he's an emotionally giving and respectful person rather than a guy who is acting nice in hopes of some gain? I can spot them on the first-date and there will not be a second one with me. Money comes and money goes, I'm more than a piece of ass.

I like spending time with men who take the time and get to know me as a woman not just the whore they paid for that day so therefore I don't advertise myself as gfe, pse or whatever. I just try to give them some idea of the type of clients I enjoy seeing.

I'm not a service-package that you can call like Pizza Hut for delivery nor do I see clients who are into a list of do's/don'ts. It's up to them to decide if I'm worth taking the chance and investing their hard earned money on. First and foremost a client has to understand they are meeting the woman behind the alias not a list of acronyms. I do not entertain sexual questions under any circumstances.

Originally posted by vermeer
If all else fails, give 'em a few good smacks, to show who's the boss.
I find it amazing (and very telling) that on the same board that engaged in a marathon, multi-page, multi-day discussion of racism by providers, a casual comment about slapping women around doesn't warrant so much as a "Hey man, that's not cool" from even one male poster here...

I gotta go take a walk...

A prostitute stating blandly that as a matter of policy she doesn't see black people is taking an action that has actual real-world consequences.

A moron making an offensive statement that he probably doesn't even believe in in order to get a rise out of people isn't.

It seems so clear that the best way to deal with morons trying to get a rise out of people is to ignore them. If you respond to them, you're just giving them what they want. I can't believe you don't have enough internet experience to know that.

I'd say that a good 10%, maybe more, of the posts on this board are moronic posts that I find deeply offensive for one reason or another. I don't think it's worth responding to them. And I certainly don't tax you, Cat, for not responding to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.