Fios Vs. Optimum

I got rid of cable, jail broke numerous fire sticks and pay for DirecTV now, Which switched names to At&t now recently. I get everything I need for $70 a month. All app based.

I got rid of cable, jail broke numerous fire sticks and pay for DirecTV now, Which switched names to At&t now recently. I get everything I need for $70 a month. All app based.
Jail break fire stick? educate please...
Spent 40 minutes on hold today waiting for a human at Cable to lower rates- hung up
Fios, saves about 10 per month- no bargain
Direct TV- separate ISP- don’t need another bill
Wasted day- I’ll stick with UG

Buy an Amazon fire stick. If you jail break it. You will have access to a lot of movies and shows. You don't have to jail break it though. Either way just buy a stick and get at&t now app. . Cut the cord

Buy an Amazon fire stick. If you jail break it. You will have access to a lot of movies and shows. You don't have to jail break it though. Either way just buy a stick and get at&t now app. . Cut the cord
You also get new movies that are playing in the theatre.
There are many videos on YouTube that will show you how to jailbreak it.
Basically your adding an application to it.

I can't stand optimum cable..too expensive. Unfortunately where I live not any option. I do know other people who have switched to different providers and wound up going back to Optimum. Who knows..

Do you get the local channels ?
Or internet capabilities.. prefer to keep all services together...
Like I said the only channel you will lose leaving optimum is news 12, apparently it's an app as Mitch said. I never watched it, unless it's on every waiting room from mechanic to doctors. But the "Big 3" plus local fox and fox world, CNN. Whatever your flavor. You could also go on their site and look at it also.

Like I said the only channel you will lose leaving optimum is news 12, apparently it's an app as Mitch said. I never watched it, unless it's on every waiting room from mechanic to doctors. But the "Big 3" plus local fox and fox world, CNN. Whatever your flavor. You could also go on their site and look at it also.
Fios has news 12 on 529 now

FiOS is and has been a superior cable carrier since it came to my neck of the woods in 2008. I have a few friends who have Altice and it's terrible. I don't care what kind of promo package at discounted prices they offer, I couldn't imagine using such an inferior and dated product.

Does anyone here remember when Cablevision's IO cable service offered an interactive sports viewing experience for games broadcast on the MSG network crica 2001-2003? This would be Rangers, Knicks, and I believe later Mets games. The idea was when those teams were playing you went to a special MSG feed of the game broadcast on some channel way up there, and then through your remote remote could select the camera angle you wished to view the game from.

It was without question one of the coolest features I've ever seen implemented but it didn't get a lot of publicity, the teams they broadcast were terrible, and it just disappeared.

With all the new technology these cable boxes have I'm surprised that kind of interactive user-driven control has completely vanished and doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon.

FiOS is and has been a superior cable carrier since it came to my neck of the woods in 2008. I have a few friends who have Altice and it's terrible. I don't care what kind of promo package at discounted prices they offer, I couldn't imagine using such an inferior and dated product.

Does anyone here remember when Cablevision's IO cable service offered an interactive sports viewing experience for games broadcast on the MSG network crica 2001-2003? This would be Rangers, Knicks, and I believe later Mets games. The idea was when those teams were playing you went to a special MSG feed of the game broadcast on some channel way up there, and then through your remote remote could select the camera angle you wished to view the game from.

It was without question one of the coolest features I've ever seen implemented but it didn't get a lot of publicity, the teams they broadcast were terrible, and it just disappeared.

With all the new technology these cable boxes have I'm surprised that kind of interactive user-driven control has completely vanished and doesn't appear to be coming back anytime soon.
Yes I do remember that feed on channel 604. It was cool to watch a game from many different angles, some angles were very rare to be seen on the regular broadcast on channel 71.
Cablevision/Optimum just got rid of the last interactive channel 612 NEWS12 on 6/22/2020 (other than OnDemand channels 500, 502). I would look at that channel for archived shows and weather, traffic reports in real time.