Favorite Deli Sandwich

happy guy

are we talking about the same comet pizza? the one i am thinking of was on the corner of hollywood ave and no. broad st in hillside. there was a guy there all the time who played chess. if you could beat him you got a free pie. the owner was jewish and the cook was chinese but they made my favorite pizza of all time!

MrNY

Subject to blackouts
Mr NY,
First of all, did the tone of my post give you the impression that I had any kind of a problem? If so then I suppose that I need to communicate more clearly.
Secondly, I was responding to Mr. Wonderful's not quite accurate response to Bill F about a "meatball on white" and how that would eliminate the possibility of him being in the "tribe". Bill actually clarified this for MW.
Now, I was simply reflecting on a memory of a shop teacher( beloved BTW) who happened to be Jewish and happened to like his pastrami on white with mayonnaise, what's to be scared of?

Best word usage on this thread: "blovations" by nypete/ Pete where is the hot dog stand?

take care HP
ANYthing on white, especially with mayo - Is immediate removal from MoT

Yes, it's MrNY!! LOL

billyS

Reign of Terror
Toss up between The Champ (#7) at the Atlantic Deli, Freeport - Turkey, American cheese, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato with Russian dressing on a hero.
Or
Chicken cutlet club at Green Valley Gourmet Market, Briarwood - Cutlets, Bacon, Lettuce and tomato, Russian also on a hero

The Ruben (pastrami) at both of these places is also excellent.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Damn Billy I’m going to have to check that spot in Freeport out.

A go to for me has always been My Hero in North Bellmore. Anything is good there.
They are a breakfast/lunch spot and close around 4:00 - 5:00.
The Godfather there is also really good.

The breakfast Ruben is a go to of mine after a long run on a Sunday morning at Levy Preserve next door in Merrick.

Before I found my profession in life, I used to be a short order cook in a deli called Bollingers in Farmingdale. I used to make this one sandwich which they called the “Monte Cristo”

Grilled Fatty Flavorful Pastrami, Bacon Mozzarella Cheese on Grilled Rye with Thousand Island Dressing.

Man, what a blast from the past. My mouths watering now thinking about it…..

Also bloody moist Roast Beef with Lettuce Mayo Salt and Pepper on rye.

I know what I’m having for lunch….

billyS

Reign of Terror
Before I found my profession in life, I used to be a short order cook in a deli called Bollingers in Farmingdale. I used to make this one sandwich which they called the “Monte Cristo”

Grilled Fatty Flavorful Pastrami, Bacon Mozzarella Cheese on Grilled Rye with Thousand Island Dressing.

Man, what a blast from the past. My mouths watering now thinking about it…..

Also bloody moist Roast Beef with Lettuce Mayo Salt and Pepper on rye.

I know what I’m having for lunch….
I'd take either one of those for lunch right now!

There is a place in Williamsburg called the Hana deli. I believe on Metropolitan, just north of the LIE over pass. Been there quite a long time at this point. More on the healthier side of sandwiches but some of the sandwiches are really unique some of my favorites are ‘My Girlfriend Is A Whore’ and ‘MILF Revenge’. Good to hit after you go to Pumps strip club in Bushwick.

also I will say Cherry Valley in Hempstead is another good one and A&S bagel in Franklin Square.

billyS

Reign of Terror
There is a place in Williamsburg called the Hana deli. I believe on Metropolitan, just north of the LIE over pass. Been there quite a long time at this point. More on the healthier side of sandwiches but some of the sandwiches are really unique some of my favorites are ‘My Girlfriend Is A Whore’ and ‘MILF Revenge’. Good to hit after you go to Pumps strip club in Bushwick.

also I will say Cherry Valley in Hempstead is another good one and A&S bagel in Franklin Square.
Cherry Valley is within walking distance of the Capri.

A&S was, or at least used to be 24 hours and a great stop after a night of drinking and you're hungry.

Roast beef on a garlic toasted hero with melted Provolone and Mozzarella, depending on my mood either Horseradish Mayo or Thousand Island.

Any sandwich topped with Cole slaw also is a fave!