Favorite Deli Sandwich

How have I missed this thread????? The garage in I think Islandia used to be pretty good.

Generally speaking ... give me .. on a toasted buttered garlic hero ... hot roast beef, Mozzarella, bacon with a little bit of gravy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Still want to try out the place @billyS recommended, the Atlantic Deli in Freeport. Will be in that area a lot soon and will have to finally give it a go. Need a new sandwich shop.
I actually have a new favorite. Ordered it on Saturday. It's #15 on the board.

. Southern Comfort
Roast beef, melted mozzarella cheese, bacon and coleslaw on a toasted garlic hero with BBQ sauce.

billyS

Reign of Terror
How have I missed this thread????? The garage in I think Islandia used to be pretty good.

Generally speaking ... give me .. on a toasted buttered garlic hero ... hot roast beef, Mozzarella, bacon with a little bit of gravy.
Lol, I posted my reply to @Massy before I read this.

Yeah, Atlantic Deli in Freeport. #15 on the sandwich board

. Southern Comfort
Roast beef, melted mozzarella cheese, bacon and coleslaw on a toasted garlic hero with BBQ sauce.

I had it Saturday and it was amazing.

If any of you guys ever find yourselves in our around Hoboken NJ.....

Vito's deli on Washington Ave. ... They make there own mozzarella and there sandwiches are amazing. Just don't eat anything all day before. They are big enough for 2

Straciatella, tomatoes, olive oil, salt, a lot of crushed black pepper, basil, a little pesto spread, on a hero. Hard to find stracciatella unless in Little Italy (Arthur Ave for me, at Greco ooooo-fa), or Tony's beechhurst for Burratta as a substitute. It's just the burratta filling anyway. If I was making it at home, I'd include CRUSHED red pepper.

Straciatella, tomatoes, olive oil, salt, a lot of crushed black pepper, basil, a little pesto spread, on a hero. Hard to find stracciatella unless in Little Italy (Arthur Ave for me, at Greco ooooo-fa), or Tony's beechhurst for Burratta as a substitute. It's just the burratta filling anyway. If I was making it at home, I'd include CRUSHED red pepper.
Is that Mike’s Deli on AA?

There is an Italian restaurant thread, you’ll find a slew of them in there. I forgot the title of it but if you search Arthur Ave or Italian it should come up with a result.

There are a bunch of good places..

First just take a stroll up and down each side of the street... Stop at Randazzos and get some fresh shucked clams or oysters..

They have s tand and display right on the sidewalk... a few chairs..

Stop in Calabros for some really good cheese.. Stop at Calabria pork store and marvel at the sausage Chandelier.

Go in the Arthur Ave Market.. get some cigars rolled.. In the back right of the market is a awesome sandwich place...

Marios or Dominics for red sauce Italian if you want to sit...

Tietel Bros... the bakeries.. fresh bread...Cannolis

When ever I go.. I just do a lap of the street and stock up on some amazing foods...

Inkedsausage chandelier.jpg
Inkedsausage chandelier.jpg

Can any guys here suggest a good recommendation of a restaurant in or around Arthur Ave. I’ll be going to the Bronx near the end of the week. Thanks
This might be out the way but I go to city island whenever I am in the Bronx and have toke to sit down and eat a seafood meal! My go to is The Original Crab Shanty - order the shrimp cocktail appetizer thank me later! Colossal sized shrimp like $25 now I think but wow great tasting eat like a king lmao!

This might be out the way but I go to city island whenever I am in the Bronx and have toke to sit down and eat a seafood meal! My go to is The Original Crab Shanty - order the shrimp cocktail appetizer thank me later! Colossal sized shrimp like $25 now I think but wow great tasting eat like a king lmao!
I remember getting Long Island iced tea at this place when they had the upstairs patio. Good times