Favorite Deli Sandwich

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Food, women etc, way too subjective to be declaring "best" anything. Now, favorite is another story- I prefer a lean pastrami, rye bread, mustard, half sour pickle, potato knish on the side and a Lowenbrau when it really was an import.
Take care HP

[Edited by Hotpuppy on 07-18-2001 at 09:28 PM]

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
If my less than accurate memory serves me, Lowenbrau was bought by Miller several years ago, so Im assuming that it is made in the US, maybe in Utica by FX Matt, who seems to be the brewery for alot of labels.
Please, if anyone knows for sure ....
take care HP

pastrami rocks!

hotpuppy...we finally agree on something eh? *smiles*

favorite sub: from my old college days at rutgers...tastee's subs in edison

favorite pizza: comet pizza in hillside nj. sadly it has long since changed ownership and hasn't been the same:(

Not to hard to tell everyone's nationality based on their replies. Okay, guess mine.

My favorite is lean corned beef (not the Boar's Head variety) on rye with spicy mustard, sour pickle, with a side of fries (the Nathan's kind) or chopped liver.

Time's up.

Bill...meatballs on white bread? You're definitely not one of the tribe. LOL.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
There's a sandwhich shop in Soho on Sulivan between Spring and prince called Melampo. the owner is bit eccesntric and is known to throw people out of thestore for various "offenses" like stepping out of line, but hte sandwiches are great. My fave is the "Roxie" ( smoked chicken breast, Arugola, hot peppers and Bel Paese ) on Focaccia.

I'd also bet that TC has met the guy.

MW,
When I went to a deli with my first real girlfriend, she ordered what Allen describes as his favorite sandwich.....and they gave me a really dirty look.

[Edited by slinkybender on 07-19-2001 at 12:25 AM]

Originally posted by slinkybender
There's a sandwhich shop in Soho on Sulivan between Spring and prince called Melampo. the owner is bit eccesntric and is known to throw people out of thestore for various "offenses" like stepping out of line, but hte sandwiches are great. My fave is the "Roxie" ( smoked chicken breast, Arugola, hot peppers and Bel Paese ) on Focaccia.

I'd also bet that TC has met the guy.

MW,
When I went to a deli with my first real girlfriend, she ordered what Allen describes as his favorite sandwich.....and they gave me a really dirty look.

[Edited by slinkybender on 07-19-2001 at 12:25 AM]
Is he the sandwich Nazi ?

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
Re: pastrami rocks!

Originally posted by nj george
hotpuppy...we finally agree on something eh? *smiles*

nj george, our "disagreements" were a product of my penchant for writing before thinking, and I hope all in the past

Another favorite sandwich( before cholesterol became an issue): Boars Head bologna sliced paper thin, with smooth pate, studded with truffles on a true baguette(sp?) with the bread part scraped out.

Best Literary sandwiches: Lawrence Sanders' "Deadly Sins" series with his character Edward X Delaney making wonderful creations/ second prize to early Spenser novels by Robert Parker.

My favorite pizza: D'amicos in Port Jeff circa 1970-1973
take care HP