Crystal Cafe Farmingdale

Advertises as an "upscale experience" ... So not like Magnolia giving a nice bbbj at 2 in the afternoon on a Tuesday in the wide open? This place opens at 8 PM. No good. maybe they will try some afternoon hours after a while.

Crystal cafe. Went last night, bartenders are hot latinas with huge bombs and fake asses, easy on the eyes. There were a few girls working but I didn’t interact with them not like the old days of the $$hungry old whores. Chatted with the bartender for a while. Don’t think I’m going back anytime soon. I can get more in NP4P bar down the block. And one last
Red flag is that they want you to scan your drivers license when you enter, assuming it’s for LEO after someone makes trouble but fuck that noise, need my privacy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Crystal cafe. Went last night, bartenders are hot latinas with huge bombs and fake asses, easy on the eyes. There were a few girls working but I didn’t interact with them not like the old days of the $$hungry old whores. Chatted with the bartender for a while. Don’t think I’m going back anytime soon. I can get more in NP4P bar down the block. And one last
Red flag is that they want you to scan your drivers license when you enter, assuming it’s for LEO after someone makes trouble but fuck that noise, need my privacy.
Demographics of crowd?
Age range?
Ethnicity?

..... And one last Red flag is that they want you to scan your drivers license when you enter, assuming it’s for LEO after someone makes trouble but fuck that noise, need my privacy.
It's much more than a privacy issue, IMHO.

It's one thing if they need to check if I'm ********. Totally legit for them to protect themselves, i.e., affirmative defense protection to merchants using an ID Scanner when checking for ******** using fake IDs.

But if they think that they are going to get my photo, name, address, DOB and lic # for the privilege of buying over priced drinks and to watch some girl shaking her tits, they should think otherwise. I mean, what could possible go wrong when employees of a strip club have access to such info.

Total deal breaker.

thanks for posting the info.

It's much more than a privacy issue, IMHO.

It's one thing if they need to check if I'm ********. Totally legit for them to protect themselves, i.e., affirmative defense protection to merchants using an ID Scanner when checking for ******** using fake IDs.

But if they think that they are going to get my photo, name, address, DOB and lic # for the privilege of buying over priced drinks and to watch some girl shaking her tits, they should think otherwise. I mean, what could possible go wrong when employees of a strip club have access to such info.

Total deal breaker.

thanks for posting the info.
Bars and nightclubs have been scanning IDs for close to 10 years now.

A bar or club sure, but a gentleman’s club
, don’t need any reverb from SO or societal. Either way it’s bullshit and the criminals will have fake ids. So just another way for liberties stripped and tax man to play gotcha.

Bars and nightclubs have been scanning IDs for close to 10 years now.
The big bars and night clubs were first and they've been scanning for close 30 years now, and they never didn't scan... I've found that a this scanning tech became more pervasive that talking past the bouncers and not producing an ID to be scanned is easier [I usually lie and say my drivers license was suspended taken by the court in not wasting money to get a non-driver ID, most bouncers understand and waive you through our get their boss to check if "I'm" OK with that excuse, if they're still thinking about it, I offer the look what else I got in my wallet full of credit cards, membership cards [Costco, BJs with my picture] and rewards cards.

Funny thing is that my driver's license picture is me at 21 when NYS first went digital pictures [I'm now over 50], and I look nothing like my pic but all my membership cards [Costco, Sam's etc are current pics of me], when I were to provide my license to rent a car or heavy equipment I get more hassle about my picture not matching my appearance.

......Funny thing is that my driver's license picture is me at 21 when NYS first went digital pictures [I'm now over 50], and I look nothing like my pic but all my membership cards [Costco, Sam's etc are current pics of me], when I were to provide my license to rent a car or heavy equipment I get more hassle about my picture not matching my appearance.
They took a fresh pic when I updated license to get the Real Id DL. you are going to need it for domestic flights (if you don't have a passport with you) in 2025. I don't think there was an extra charge for it (extra on Enhanced DL) but you do have to do to DMV with certain paperwork to prove that you are you.

Probably a good idea to get it soon before the deadline.
Check the pro and cons of the 3 classes at DMV site for more info.

They took a fresh pic when I updated license to get the Real Id DL. you are going to need it for domestic flights (if you don't have a passport with you) in 2025. I don't think there was an extra charge for it (extra on Enhanced DL) but you do have to do to DMV with certain paperwork to prove that you are you.

Probably a good idea to get it soon before the deadline.
Check the pro and cons of the 3 classes at DMV site for more info.
They've pushed the real ID for nearly 2 decades and every 2 years they delay the implementation [its not as popular as they thought it'd be], the vast majority of the Goverment wants internal checkpoints, random searches and to use the WW2 trope "Ihre Papiere bitte", but Americans by and large are not adopting it.

I'm colloquially what the government calls a Real ID Refusnik, out of all my friends and family only 3 people signed up for these and they are frequent business airline travel and wanted to reduce their TSA hassle, they're not happy that the TSA like Darth Vader, altered the deal once again and they no longer get to bypass the TSA assaults at checkpoints.

The good news is that you can fly without any ID, the TSA has lost every court case regarding ID, which is another thing that has delayed Real ID. They don't want Real ID to end up in court until they have MORE favorable judges, but really they're hoping for a mass critical tipping point that voluntary adoption will make this moot [but after 20 years, it's not looking likely], however that also hasn't stopped the DHS & TSA from putting up more signs every year, or lying to flyers that its a requirement.

Most recently the TSA has tried to end run around CONUS and multiple federal laws with the mandating of biometric data and mug shots even as recently as last month.
https://papersplease.org/wp/2023/03...to-mandate-mug-shots-for-domestic-air-travel/

And the Laws regarding "ID to fly" or "Real ID to fly" haven't been changed since 2003, and we're first struck down by courts in 2007, with the TSA finally forced to recognize the law and "update" their training and documents to reflect this.
https://papersplease.org/wp/2008/03/31/id-still-not-required-to-fly/

https://papersplease.org/wp/2008/02/03/will-you-really-need-a-real-id-to-fly-no/

Hope this information helps.

......The good news is that you can fly without any ID, the TSA has lost every court case regarding ID, ......
From the TSA website:
Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.
You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

Sounds to me that you can fly w/o ID if they can verify your ID. If you refuse to provide the info they need or the info you provide is insufficient to verify your ID, you will not be allowed to fly.

Are you saying what they posted is not true?

From the TSA website:
Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You will be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.
You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you choose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

Sounds to me that you can fly w/o ID if they can verify your ID. If you refuse to provide the info they need or the info you provide is insufficient to verify your ID, you will not be allowed to fly.

Are you saying what they posted is not true?
Name and address is all that is required. Mocek v TSA, anything more and unless the get something "suspicious" that would reasonably indicate threats to flying [not general crimes] they can't prevent you from flying. So yes to a degree they are lying, and have been caught and gone to court multiple times over it, they still won't take the "bad" [TSA lost in court] language signage down. They figure if they scare enough people into compliance they still get what they want, and it costs them nothing, US Taxpayers foot the bill for every court case [and its a lot money since they haven't won one yet regarding ID in over 15 years]