Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

....But, the stores were all selling a simple elevated frame device for a few bucks to elevate the mask cloth-like material, so it did not rest on your nose and mouth and become saturated with saliva and even sweat, as the temperatures were sometimes unbearably hot.

I think they called it a bridge.......
I've seen those devices recently but didn't get on as I had no need until now when the new mandate just came out.

I am going to try and get one and also next time in flushing, (tomorrow actually) going to ask at the street vendors if they have any of the one way venting valve masks.

I let you guys know of my findings.

How many of you got boosters and what’s your opinion on 4th dose advisory from Pfizer? No politics please. Just casual discussion.

me. I got booster but hoping it would be a yearly affair like flu instead of every 6th month.

How many of you got boosters and what’s your opinion on 4th dose advisory from Pfizer? No politics please. Just casual discussion.

me. I got booster but hoping it would be a yearly affair like flu instead of every 6th month.
My opinion based on readings (from legit medical sites) and from comments made from medical people in South Africa, is that the Omicron variant is fast moving but less severe than the Delta variant. In fact they were surprised about the almost panic about it by US "experts" given the info given (and by others from other countries collaborating the data).

Its almost like the US experts are following the quote from another of my favorite authors (Herman Wouk ): "when in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout".

As far as Genius, I got my booster in couple months ago and my annual flu shot a month after that. I am living my life doing the things I always did.

I had a similar adverse reaction when getting my booster as compared to the second shot. Fatigue, body aches and headaches for two full days. All of my shots have been Pfizer.

I've been getting my Covid info from a Brit named John Campbell on YouTube. He keeps it relatively simple and has been reporting the SA data from the beginning among other Covid related information.

My opinion based on readings (from legit medical sites) and from comments made from medical people in South Africa, is that the Omicron variant is fast moving but less severe than the Delta variant. In fact they were surprised about the almost panic about it by US "experts" given the info given (and by others from other countries collaborating the data).

Its almost like the US experts are following the quote from another of my favorite authors (Herman Wouk ): "when in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout".

As far as Genius, I got my booster in couple months ago and my annual flu shot a month after that. I am living my life doing the things I always did.
Ditto…I completely agree with your thoughts.

Booster 2 weeks ago and flu shot a month ago

I had a similar adverse reaction when getting my booster as compared to the second shot. Fatigue, body aches and headaches for two full days. All of my shots have been Pfizer.

I've been getting my Covid info from a Brit named John Campbell on YouTube. He keeps it relatively simple and has been reporting the SA data from the beginning among other Covid related information.
Alot if people at my job had the same thing. No side effects at all with first 2 but sched and pains with the booster. I'm not due for mine until February so I will see. Is the booster "stronger" than the other too shots? As far as dosage?

Alot if people at my job had the same thing. No side effects at all with first 2 but sched and pains with the booster. I'm not due for mine until February so I will see. Is the booster "stronger" than the other too shots? As far as dosage?
the boosters are (to use your reference to the word "stronger") less strong than the regular shots (shots 1&2 for P & M and shot 1 for J&J). The one I got, Moderna, is half the strength, i.e., dosage, of shots (1&2).

I think the side effects from the booster are more intense ( with me, my SO and others I talked to) is because your body already has a rev'ed up immune response from the regular shots.

the boosters are (to use your reference to the word "stronger") less strong than the regular shots (shots 1&2 for P & M and shot 1 for J&J). The one I got, Moderna, is half the strength, i.e., dosage, of shots (1&2).

I think the side effects from the booster are more intense ( with me, my SO and others I talked to) is because your body already has a rev'ed up immune response from the regular shots.
What side effects did you have with booster?

No significant side effects here with PFE booster-
Mild soreness at injection side for a few days

Worth noting, I experienced somewhat noticeable side effects this year from flu vaccine- A few days of lethargy and mild headache- Acetaminophen solved the issue

sore arm for 2 days. 1st day after shot (moderna) the best way I can describe it is it is like having a hangover w/o the head ache - felt like crap and didn't want to do anything for one day. 2nd day after shot other than sore arm, all ok (didn't prevent me for going to gym and exercising). If you get the shot I suggest you do it on a Saturday so you can rest and take it easy on Sunday. I had the shot in the afternoon and soreness was mild into the evening.

Some of the people at my gym are putting their membership on hold until mask mandate is done and going to a gym that will only to allow people with proof of vax to enter (so no masks) They will pay a monthly rate for that other gym.

This directive is total bull shit IMHO.

Ps. you can order masks with exhale valves online or you can get the thinnest, most breathable masks — they will filter NOTHING smaller than a sesame seed — but you will be wearing a mask.

Did the gym this morning, figured I would get a few miles in before I start my day. Several people tried to enter the gym without masks and were turned away. One guy was waving around his vax card, but still did not get in. A few people came back with masks, but some did not return.

The company I work for chooses not to ask if everyone vaccinated, therefore we all have to wear masks. Despite a $1000 violation, it is of mho, that government will not be enforcing too strictly considering limited their resources.

(Let’s try and keep this thread open here guys. Everyone knows the rules )

Got my booster two weeks ago. With the exception of a little arm soreness, no problems--just like when I got my first two shots.

If this were to turn into a twice-a-year shot or an annual shot, I would have no problem with that, either. Do what you have to do to stay healthy. Not everyone around me is as relatively healthy as I am, so if the shot helps them and helps me, where's the down side?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Got my booster two weeks ago. With the exception of a little arm soreness, no problems--just like when I got my first two shots.

If this were to turn into a twice-a-year shot or an annual shot, I would have no problem with that, either. Do what you have to do to stay healthy. Not everyone around me is as relatively healthy as I am, so if the shot helps them and helps me, where's the down side?
Then stop calling it a vaccine.
Do you get a polio vaccine twice a year?

The Polio vaccine is required to PREVENT said disease… can’t say the same about this flu like Covid shot … SMH

I just want to know how many times the science has to change before some people start finally questioning the validity of this stuff.
I am in my mid 60's and haven't taken one covid shot. Why? Because it is been almost 2 yrs and the odds are that we have herd immunity.