Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Speaking of Apple Pie try Young's Farm in Old Brookville. Really good.
Do they have a good pumpkin pie?

I bake. I use pumpkin pie spice in almost everything, including my oatmeal. It is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. All very good for absorption and gut and sexual health. But really tasty, too.

Pumpkin bread is easy to make and you can substitute steamed or baked sweet potatoes year round if pumpkin is not available — or butternut squash.

All rich orange-colored vegetables are high in beta carotene (vitamin A) for skin, eyes and cancer deterrent, antioxidants.

I bake. I use pumpkin pie spice in almost everything, including my oatmeal. It is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. All very good for absorption and gut and sexual health. But really tasty, too.

Pumpkin bread is easy to make and you can substitute steamed or baked sweet potatoes year round if pumpkin is not available — or butternut squash.

All rich orange-colored vegetables are high in beta carotene (vitamin A) for skin, eyes and cancer deterrent, antioxidants.
Try adding grains of paradise to you pumpkin pie / bread recipe, or even to your oatmeal in addition to your pumpkin pie spice.

They have it but I never tried it. Not into pumpkin. Look at their web site youngs.farm

BTW, looks like NY Gov Hochul has directed that effective Mon Dec 13 thru Jan 15, that all public indoor places with either have:

All people will be required to wear masks

or

All people will be required to be show proof of vaccination.

No mix and matching, i.e. either all with mask or all vaccinated.

This is going to cause some serious problems or choice with my gym: exercising with a mask is asinine and requiring all to be vax'ed is going to cause a problem with those customers who are not vax'ed and have paid for gym membership and cannot enter.

I predict a big business in fake Vax Cards.

BTW, looks like NY Gov Hochul has directed that effective Mon Dec 13 thru Jan 15, that all public indoor places with either have:

or

This is going to cause some serious problems or choice with my gym: exercising with a mask is asinine and requiring all to be vax'ed is going to cause a problem with those customers who are not vax'ed and have paid for gym membership and cannot enter.

We are all going to have to wear a mask. No business is going to go through the trouble of checking everybody's vax cards.

We are all going to have to wear a mask. No business is going to go through the trouble of checking everybody's vax cards.
I agree. The easiest and simplest default position is that everyone wears a mask. Last year when the gyms opened I would be running on the treadmill in a mask. By the time I was done I felt like I had been water boarded. Mask was completely saturated. I was thrilled when the mask requirement got dropped.

We have mandated everyone to wear mask rather then take the time to check everyone’s status when entering premises— 95% of employees are vaccinated

I do feel a lot of “nose’s “ will be seen this time around—

I agree. The easiest and simplest default position is that everyone wears a mask. Last year when the gyms opened I would be running on the treadmill in a mask. By the time I was done I felt like I had been water boarded. Mask was completely saturated. I was thrilled when the mask requirement got dropped.
Yup.
I recall reading about a mask some people are using that offers little resistance to airflow. It serves no useful purpose other than allowing the user to meet the mask requirement.

I have to do a search and see where I can get one as I certainly am not going to wear a restrictive mask while exercising at the gym.

There were also masks (I had one but I wore it out) where the mask has a one way vent (filters air on inhale but vents w/o resistance on exhale).
I got mine in Flushing last year but haven't seen them since.

This whole mask situation for people like me who got all the shots plus booster, is total BS

or

Be careful several people have lost their jobs over fake cards

billyS

Reign of Terror
Try doing CrossFit in a mask. I had gotten the Under Armour ones that are somewhat quilted and they stand away from your mouth and nose. If it's a really long WOD they still get wet inside but they don't get sucked into your mouth like the cloth ones.

Try doing CrossFit in a mask. I had gotten the Under Armour ones that are somewhat quilted and they stand away from your mouth and nose. If it's a really long WOD they still get wet inside but they don't get sucked into your mouth like the cloth ones.
When I was abroad, masks were required 100% Always, without exception, vaccinated or not.

But, the stores were all selling a simple elevated frame device for a few bucks to elevate the mask cloth-like material, so it did not rest on your nose and mouth and become saturated with saliva and even sweat, as the temperatures were sometimes unbearably hot.

I think they called it a bridge. I had to bike long distances for transportation and although it was not perfect and carefree, it offered some relief from the stifling nature of a flat mask.

I workout in the open air, as I enjoy the fresh cool air, greenery and the oxygen provided by green trees and plants. But, I understand your plights, as I was once a lifetime member of Jack Lalanne Fitness Centers, and used to attend everyday, especially since they used to have dry heat saunas, large swimming pools, steam and jacuzzis.

Be careful several people have lost their jobs over fake cards
I don't have to be careful about that as my cards are real.

I also don't have any problem with people losing jobs or even being criminally charged as having a forged or phony government document whether it be a driver's license, soc sec card, handicap parking tag or vaccine card is a criminal offense.