Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

Bc the regular mask that everyone uses are useless. Fauci said it and emailed it himself. The cdc stats are even more useless.
Not true. Face coverings have been proven again and again to be effective at preventing transmission of COVID-19. Fauci's emails from February 2020 regarding mask use are consistent with the guidance the CDC had issued up to that point based upon their knowledge of the virus as they knew it at that time. As more information about the virus became known, that information helped inform the CDC's response to the pandemic. Scientists and doctors routinely change course based upon new evidence made available to them.

I went into the hospital 6 weeks after recovering from covid for gallbladder. The tested me for Covid per protocol somehow got a positive test with no symptoms.

So for a gallbladder procedure I’m adding to the covid statistics after already recovering.
Who knows if the test was even really positive. The hospital could be just saying that to collect $$$. I was supposed to be $1k out of pocket for the procedure but ended up being fully covered under covid. Not complaining but if the hospital isn’t billing me that means they made out like bandits.
If you tested positive, why on earth wouldn't that be counted by the hospital and public health officials as a positive test? Just because you weren't experiencing symptoms at that time? It's still a registered positive test and even as an asymptomatic person you could still have spread the virus.

I had three procedures performed at hospitals in the COVID-19 era. Each time I was required to get a Covid test a few days before the scheduled procedure. All three times I tested negative. I guess the hospitals I went to weren't interested in collecting more money?

billyS

Reign of Terror
My intention was certainly not to get the thread closed-
Ty for the re visit
I think it's hard not to get into politics in this thread because one of the main issues of the pandemic are the policies in place to control the spread.

Most people align their thoughts on said policies based on their political affiliation.

So if it's possible to discuss the latest news on the virus and how it relates to the hobby and/or our everyday life, that's fine.

But don't use this forum to rail against the party you don't support for anything that happens.

[QUOTE="billyS, post: 1252972, member: 1409"

"So if it's possible to discuss the latest news on the virus and how it relates to the hobby and/or our everyday life, that's fine."

I know for me personally I have scaled back my monger runs. But I get to a point and then I am like "Fuck it, I am going!" There I am in a stifling hot AMP, sweating bullets as I stick to the fucking table paper......Then I worry the next few days if it was worth it when you figure these girls see many each day, many aren't masking up, and there is a third that aren't vaccinated.

One lady wants to come to my house and have sessions with me, but I am against bringing ANY providers to my crib. I am giving it some thought as it would be so much easier, even though I railroaded against that in a thread that was live a few weeks ago.

Tried to keep this as non-political as possible, even though I want to ask you guys questions/opinions on things. But I get it, it snowballs. I don't ask questions or give opinions based on what side of the political fence I personally stand on.

So thats my story the last few weeks.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Tried to keep this as non-political as possible, even though I want to ask you guys questions/opinions on things. But I get it, it snowballs.
Thank you.
I'm glad someone gets it.
Yes it snowballs.
One guy or gal gives their opinion figuring it's okay it's just one post and hey, he or she is an American and they should be allowed to vent.

But then someone with an polar opposite political opinion sees it and says no way I let that stand and posts their opinion. And if neither @lightweight, @Slinky Bender or myself are around it gets heated and then a shit load of posts need to be deleted.

There should be plenty to post about in this thread without getting into the politics of how it's being handled.
There over 1100 posts which are fine.

Thoughts or factual information on getting the booster shot?

Final say will be from my MD, but curious to hear what my fellow UG’ers have to say
I've had conversations with a bunch of doctors from across the country because of my line of work.

Majority in favor but their are definitely a minority against this and they are successful Dr's in the areas.

You got the right idea of discussing this with the MD you trust the most and determining whats best for you.

I personally got vaccinated early and will get the booster shot when I can.

I've had conversations with a bunch of doctors from across the country because of my line of work.

Majority in favor but their are definitely a minority against this and they are successful Dr's in the areas.

You got the right idea of discussing this with the MD you trust the most and determining whats best for you.

I personally got vaccinated early and will get the booster shot when I can.
Me too.
As soon as I eligible I will attempt to get one.
I am a believer in the benefit of vaccines. For example I've had flu vax every year since 1993 and have not gotten flu since then. A recent study found that adults get the flu twice per decade on average.

Me too.
As soon as I eligible I will attempt to get one.
I am a believer in the benefit of vaccines. For example I've had flu vax every year since 1993 and have not gotten flu since then. A recent study found that adults get the flu twice per decade on average.
My only thought, which of course I will ask my Dr for guidance.

Can the booster and flu shot be taken without a lengthy waiting period

My only thought, which of course I will ask my Dr for guidance.

Can the booster and flu shot be taken without a lengthy waiting period
CDC last year said 2 week interval between FLU and COVID vaccines. That's been revised and CDC is now saying they can even be combined in 1 shot. Since the booster is actually the same shot as shots 1&2 (or shot 1 for J&J) I would think same rules apply.

That said I won't be eligible for a booster until beginning of Nov (8 months since 2nd shot) and I always get my flu shot mid Oct, the question is moot for me — so I haven't researched the subject nor asking my MD.
My gut feel is not to get both at once since I always get a mild reaction to flu shot and after my 2nd Moderna I felt like crap the next day so why combine the two.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties
https://www.zmescience.com/medicine...ccine-immunity-massive-study-in-israel-finds/

So it is now known that natural immunity is far better than vaccine immunity. The theory is the vaccine only works on the spikes while natural immunity goes after all parts of the virus with different antibodies. Therefore since I am already vaccinated I will not take the booster immediately. My reasoning is that being vaccinated I already have defenses that if I caught covid I'd only get a mild version of it while building stronger natural defenses which I'd rather have. If a year passes and I haven't caught it and if covid is still an issue I will get the booster. But don't get me wrong I am not looking to catch it I'm just thinking of the best strategy.

Spoke to a good friend who’s an ER dr. He said he’d get the booster,
But isn’t rushing to get it. However his next advice was the most important. He said if you test positive, regardless of age or comorbidiities, immediately get the regeneron monoclonal antibody infusion. Even if you’re asymptomatic. It’s like taking tamiflu if you get the flu. It only works if you do it right away. It’s a 3 hour infusion in most ers.

.....So it is now known that natural immunity is far better than vaccine immunity.
Looks that way — for those that survive the infection.

The theory is the vaccine only works on the spikes while natural immunity goes after all parts of the virus with different antibodies. Therefore since I am already vaccinated I will not take the booster immediately. My reasoning is that being vaccinated I already have defenses that if I caught covid I'd only get a mild version of it while building stronger natural defenses which I'd rather have. If a year passes and I haven't caught it and if covid is still an issue I will get the booster. But don't get me wrong I am not looking to catch it I'm just thinking of the best strategy.
sounds like a reasonable plan to me if you do not have underlying conditions that would make an even mild version serious.