Coronavirus: The Sick Elephant In The Room

i only know what my ambulance is bringing in and what’s in the ER when we show up. Hospitals in the county are FULL today
If you look at the state website the breakthrough graph has increased exponentially while the other one has remained quite linear despite the increases

i only know what my ambulance is bringing in and what’s in the ER when we show up. Hospitals in the county are FULL today
And thus the mandate

If you look at the state website the breakthrough graph has increased exponentially while the other one has remained quite linear despite the increases
Yup. Unfortunately many in the general population do not know what that means.

And thus the mandate
I have a problem with the new mask mandate.
I have all 3 shots and statistically if I get a breakthrough my case will be mild even though I'm in a high risk cohort (age). So perhaps the new mask mandate means that perhaps my risk of getting COVID may be reduced. I am willing to take the increased risk by not wearing a mask in most situations.

The risk, however, of serious illness or even death, has been both observed in hospitals worldwide and implied by your exponential vs linear statement to be much to be higher for the unvax'ed .

As tragic as serious illness and death to a fellow human may be it is not my concern; the data is out there and you take your choice. Just like I have no concern for the possibility serious illness and death of those who choose to smoke or consume excess alcohol as long as their behavior doesn't affect me or my family.

Yup. Unfortunately many in the general population do not know what that means.

I have a problem with the new mask mandate.
I have all 3 shots and statistically if I get a breakthrough my case will be mild even though I'm in a high risk cohort (age). So perhaps the new mask mandate means that perhaps my risk of getting COVID may be reduced. I am willing to take the increased risk by not wearing a mask in most situations.

The risk, however, of serious illness or even death, has been both observed in hospitals worldwide and implied by your exponential vs linear statement to be much to be higher for the unvax'ed .

As tragic as serious illness and death to a fellow human may be it is not my concern; the data is out there and you take your choice. Just like I have no concern for the possibility serious illness and death of those who choose to smoke or consume excess alcohol as long as their behavior doesn't affect me or my family.
I think wearing a mask is the least you can do and a sign of respect for others providers appreciate you wearing one when coming to the door from my experience

The flu vaccines are actually different formulations every year, targeted for the expected 2 dominate stations every year so technically they are vaccines.

The covid therapeutics [the gene altering or the adenovirus versions] are only designed to supress symptomatic illness, not to actually develop immunity. The danger here is that the covid "vaccinated" are contagious and because the therapeutic effectiveness the "vaccinated" sick are spreading amongst the "vaccinated" and unvaccinated. This is the first time in human history that coronavirus is spreading asymptomatic, but only if you're "vaccinated", the unvaccinated asymptomatic still don't spread to others, only symptomatic spread it

I think wearing a mask is the least you can do and a sign of respect for others providers appreciate you wearing one when coming to the door from my experience
The problem I have with the mask mandate is that it is a mandate regardless of the circumstances. For example I go to the gym when it is lightly occupied. I do this for several reasons, mostly so I do not typically have to wait for someone to finish their set on a machine that I want to use. It also means that there aren't all that many people there which means they tend to be not closely grouped. I don't go when it is heavily occupied as I do not want to wear a mask while exercising. Also, can you possibly imagine playing racquetball wearing a mask?

When I go to get my legit massage I wear my mask into the room and take it off when i am lying face down on the table. When I go food shopping I go when the store is lightly occupied and I typically use the self-checkout. If I have to use a regular checkout I keep a distance from the next person in line. If the store is heavily occupied I wear my mask, otherwise I do not.

There are some stores that always required a mask since the start of the pandemic. One is a small Asian grocery I use and another is a small jewelry store (I just changed a watch battery there) and another is an equipment repair place. They have their reasons for this requirement and it existed prior to the mask mandate.I wear my mask when I go there — no biggie, I'm only there for a short time, I want their services and this is their requirement not some bureaucrat's in government. Some stores have always had requirements for entry, e.g. no tee shirts, no shoes etc, no entry.

The problem I have with the mask mandate is that it is a mandate regardless of the circumstances. For example I go to the gym when it is lightly occupied. I do this for several reasons, mostly so I do not typically have to wait for someone to finish their set on a machine that I want to use. It also means that there aren't all that many people there which means they tend to be not closely grouped. I don't go when it is heavily occupied as I do not want to wear a mask while exercising. Also, can you possibly imagine playing racquetball wearing a mask?

When I go to get my legit massage I wear my mask into the room and take it off when i am lying face down on the table. When I go food shopping I go when the store is lightly occupied and I typically use the self-checkout. If I have to use a regular checkout I keep a distance from the next person in line. If the store is heavily occupied I wear my mask, otherwise I do not.

There are some stores that always required a mask since the start of the pandemic. One is a small Asian grocery I use and another is a small jewelry store (I just changed a watch battery there) and another is an equipment repair place. They have their reasons for this requirement and it existed prior to the mask mandate.I wear my mask when I go there — no biggie, I'm only there for a short time, I want their services and this is their requirement not some bureaucrat's in government. Some stores have always had requirements for entry, e.g. no tee shirts, no shoes etc, no entry.
When it’s this broad in scope it needs to be stupid proof. Variable introduce confusion.

I have noticed when I went into a diner in Longisland with my mask I was the only one in there with a mask. All the Asian places everyone has a mask.

I have noticed when I went into a diner in Longisland with my mask I was the only one in there with a mask. All the Asian places everyone has a mask.
My gym today announced to all the members that as opposed to yesterday when everyone had to be wearing a mask, that effective today
members need to be wearing a mask to enter the gym. What they do after they pass the check in desk is up to the members. Today those people whose wore masks before the mandate (usually older women) still wore masks and those that didn't wear masks before are not wearing masks now. All gym employees working were wearing mask but when the same employees' shift ended (sample size =2) and they were working out (employees get free gym membership as a perk) no masks. They were considerate enough to their employer enough to change to a tee shirt w/o the club logo.

Also went to a supermarket and most people did not wear masks.
Both the gym and supermarket are in Suffolk.

So after a decade or being absent from the strip club scene as a habitual patron I thought I would reignite the flame with Mirage as I was above to pass it in my travels.
upon opening the front door there were were not one but two bouncers who looked like you could knock them over with a blow from your mouth who denied me entry because I did NOT have a vaccine card or phone app verification. Mind you in Nassau county there is no such law stopping anyone from entry without vaccination anywhere in the county, first time I encountered this. The owner is supposedly spooked because girls that dance aren’t vaxed and he fears being shut down. Made no sense I left and laughed & won’t be back. Heads up to those under 40 with an immune system who aren’t down with the jab.
There is a rule. All business need to mandate vaccines for every indoors or everyone requires a mask. Started this past Monday

I don't believe in luck. I will be 67 next year and always had a great immune system. I did get the flu in October for the very first time. It was not Covid because I got tested the week after I was fine. As an aside, I can still get it up without any drugs. I attribute this by working out 5 to 6 days a week at my local gym. and eating healthier. I never smoked, drink wine occasionally with my meal and don't do drugs. I don't look my age (younger) because I can pass for a man in his mid fifties. I have very good genetics. I believe when your time is up, then it is up. I don't live in fear.
I praise you for your courage and spirit in taking life on so boldly.

It is quite possible that your health and strength is not merely genetics, but also your own resolve and will to live life on your own terms and not giving in to the beliefs and fears of the masses, and being determined to control your own destiny.

A clean life, without the use of drugs to cope, makes one very self-reliant and a force.

I especially admire your decision not to use erection drugs, and relying on your own system to perform sex.

I, also have avoided ED drugs and found my own solutions with diet, exercise, meditation and natural herbs.

I was tempted many times to try a V, C, L, but feared that if it was great, it would be extremely difficult to not continue, due to the ease and convenience.

But, had I taken them, I would have lost the opportunity to be self-reliant and create a solution that is less dependent.

(I am also not so blind as to see that I am still dependent on my methods of exercise, diet, meditation and herbs. Dependency is still there.)

( I have also met alcoholics, and addicts, never exercising, living extremely unhealthy lives, even on the streets eating handouts, that make daily visits to the local houses of ill repute. Now, that is health!!!)

As far as not taking the COVID vax, regardless of my opinion whether I want it or not, the logistics of not having proof of vax is daunting. Air travel and getting in and out of the country is impossible, along with having those close to you, constantly nagging and laying guilt-trips on you for not being a part of the supposed solution.

I commend you again on your powerful self-reliance to not fear what others think about you, and having the confidence that even upon the virus entering your system, you and your immune system will handle the little bugger.

And, what can be said about one not fearing death? A fearless life is a life worth living.

May you continue to live a long and healthy fearless life on your own terms, Trigger.

That’s not the law in Nassau/Suffolk county. You don’t NEED a vaccine to go partake at a bar or restaurant once you sit down you can take a mask off. They literally won’t let anyone in building without a card. It’s the first on LI I’ve seen mandating the NYC rule. The bouncer was nice and didn’t agree with the owner might I add but I won’t be back ever.

The asymptom
Source? We were talking asymptomatic spread long before a vaccine was being used.
The asymptomatic spread myth was pushed by Cuomo in March, 2 months after the a mistake in the first studies had been retracted and fixed. Other than that single case study in Jan 2020, which was later amended to be an error by omission, not a single other study throughout 2020-2021 has ever identified a source of asymptomatic spread. The CDC, including Dr Fauci also clarified and changed his opinion on asymptomatic spread in Apr/May of 2020 on his 60 minutes interview. However, there has been no push by the mainstream media to fix their earlier push on asymptomatic spread thusly why many are confused or unaware that it never occured.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said contagion from asymptomatic COVID-19 patients is unlikely. It was recorded in January 2020, when there was less scientific information related to the transmission of SARS-CoV-2. He however later claimed it was possible, then he retracted the statement again, he's yo-yo'd on this statement multiple times. And at present still not one study, RCT or epidemiological study have been able to link any asymptomatic virus transmission spread to anyone who is uninfected.

In a June 2020 interview on "Good Morning America," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, estimated that 25% to 45% of "of the totality of infected people likely are without symptoms." He's since gone on to state in Nov 2021, that his flip-flopping was because not enough studies existed, technically a stretch of the truth (SARS-COV-2 was new and possibly could spread entirely differently than any previous SARS-COV/MERS-COV or any other coronavirus virus since the 1950's.)

Original Study falsely claimed asymptomatic spread occurred and it was retracted and republished once the error was fixed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...ad-is-retracted-public-health-decisions-loom/
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...dy-coronavirus-carrier-no-symptoms-was-flawed
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2001468

And yet, Cuomo still pushed his mask mandates citing this un-retracted report. I fought Cuomo and multiple business and enforcement agencies to remove the mask mandates (as I can not tolerate one medically, face coverings trigger my asthma) unfortunately the courts also refused to hear case, as tehy relied upon the same bad research report to guide their opinions.

I.......having the confidence that even upon the virus entering your system, you and your immune system will handle the little bugger........
I used to find some of your posts interesting and some just amusing.
However, as a believer in the science that has eliminated some of the most horrible scourges of the past (bubonic plague, diphtheria, smallpox and polio come to mind off the top of my head) I find this statement asinine and hope that you will correct it.