2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moon and sun would have to align but I wouldn't say never. If things don't go the way the Yanks and Fish planned in these next two seasons, I could see it happening. Donnie has more experience, especially managing deeper into the playoffs. IDK, maybe its the demeanor he has. Its like he would be a perfect fit. I don't think he would have an issue telling Cashman to eat a dick regarding lineups and analytics.

Boone seems pre-programmed after the 2019 season to me. I don't have an issue with him, but if given a choice, DONNIE BASEBALL ALL THE WAY. Fans would go bat shit and support him like they did Torre. Be a fitting twilight to his career if he finally got a ring as the Yankee Manager.
Donnie isn't leaving Miami any time soon.

At some point Cashman has to be held accountable for all the failures. He can't keep blaming analytics, strength coaches, and cheating baseball teams. Yes, he is excellent at finding some diamonds in the rough - but is he actually the one? Most likely he is signing these Voit and Urshela types off the advise of scouts.

We all know the terrible contracts he has given out over the years. The Stanton trade will be a nuisance for 5 more years and hold them back from other moves.

His approach with this current group has not worked out to date. So if there is another early exit this season, things need to be shaken up.

They won last night, barely. If not for Higgy, they lose 1-0 and hit into 3 double plays.

I don't think Mattingly will ever get hired by Cashman. But if Yankees get rid of Cashman I could see another GM hiring Mattingly. The problem is Cashman wants a ball licker to be his manager. Just someone to do his bidding.

That loss was gross last night. Down 6-0, Yanks chip away and a Stanton base hit makes it 6-3. Sanchez then walks and Hicks is up as the tying run at the plate. Toronto brings in their closer and on the second pitch throws it wild but somehow Sanchez hesitated and ends up caught in a rundown to end the inning.

This is feeling like last season.

That loss was gross last night. Down 6-0, Yanks chip away and a Stanton base hit makes it 6-3. Sanchez then walks and Hicks is up as the tying run at the plate. Toronto brings in their closer and on the second pitch throws it wild but somehow Sanchez hesitated and ends up caught in a rundown to end the inning.

This is feeling like last season.
And they made the playoffs last season...

billyS

Reign of Terror
Anyone else had enough of Jay Bruce?
He's an automatic out and he can't scoop the ball at first base. You can't keep him around until June when Voit gets back.
I get most of the time they'll play DJ at first and Odor at second, but then you have a dead spot on the bench. He's got to go. DFA.

I would love to see Whit Merrifield in their lineup over Hicks, Stanton, Bruce - ANY DAY.
I think reality has set in for me, this team will be what they are. Have spurts of insane production, but more times be inconsistent and be consistently frustrating.

Stanton contract is a huge albatross and he is NOT the Allstar we thought we were getting.
Hicks is a cream puff and I am done supporting him. If he wants to play golf, go.
Like BillyS said, time for Bruce to piss off.
I am worried about my man Frazier, he is LOST!
Sanchez is a fucking waste, a total WASTE. Looks like a deer in headlights ALL the time.
Kluber looks clueless too. Tanaka wouldn't have done any worse, or Tijuan Walker for that matter, who I really wanted.
Taillon gets a pass from me bc of the injuries. Its like he is learning how to pitch again.
Torres defense is deplorable, I mean him throwing to Bruce is scary. I look away because Bruce is so bad at 1b and Torres so bad at SS.

They need a solid lefty bat (maybe 2) in the lineup so badly.
Currently constructed this team will NOT go far in playoffs (if they make it)
The 1985 Cardinals lineup in this ERA of baseball would decimate both leagues.

One other thing, Bo Bichette and Guerrero Jr. are REALLY good players.
Bichette swings like a lumberjack swinging at a tree trunk. His hacks are vicious.
Toronto is a team with some good starting pitching could be a real problem.
They handing us with ease, and NO Springer.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I would love to see Whit Merrifield in their lineup over Hicks, Stanton, Bruce - ANY DAY.
I think reality has set in for me, this team will be what they are. Have spurts of insane production, but more times be inconsistent and be consistently frustrating.

Stanton contract is a huge albatross and he is NOT the Allstar we thought we were getting.
Hicks is a cream puff and I am done supporting him. If he wants to play golf, go.
Sanchez is a fucking waste, a total WASTE. Looks like a deer in headlights ALL the time.
Kluber looks clueless too. Tanaka wouldn't have done any worse, or Tijuan Walker for that matter, who I really wanted.
Taillon gets a pass from me bc of the injuries. Its like he is learning how to pitch again.
Torres defense is deplorable, I mean him throwing to Bruce is scary. I look away because Bruce is so bad at 1b and Torres so bad at SS.

I don't think KC is trading Merrifield, as they went out and fortified their team over the winter. I was looking at their box score the other day and the top of their lineup is decent.
Sanchez has looked good this year. I like the way he laces the ball up the middle.
He is making a lot more hard contact and his defense is better especially blocking balls.

I think Torres has improved over the past few games, I noticed he is getting rid of the ball quicker and coming more overhand with his throws.
I agree about the lefty bat but who do you replace? It's not a problem that will keep you out of the playoffs.
The bigger problem is the starting pitching. They need to provide more innings.

I would love to see the Yankees build a team with more contact hitters, speed, good defense, good fundamentals. Right now with this extra inning rule - the way the Yankees are built - I don't see them winning many extra inning games. Their ability to play fundamental baseball is very poor. Get them on, move them over, get them in. Yankees can't do that ... even with a runner starting at 2B!!!! Give me some more Willie Randolph types. Sorry ... YES ... I am whining!

Anyone else had enough of Jay Bruce?
He's an automatic out and he can't scoop the ball at first base. You can't keep him around until June when Voit gets back.
I get most of the time they'll play DJ at first and Odor at second, but then you have a dead spot on the bench. He's got to go. DFA.
I get that. But he was the last roster spot and he is an outfielder, not a first basement.

I agree with everything you said. Except for Frazier. he is young, and you knew he wouldn't be an all star this year. he needs to play all year and take it from there. I think he will be good.

I would love to see the Yankees build a team with more contact hitters, speed, good defense, good fundamentals. Right now with this extra inning rule - the way the Yankees are built - I don't see them winning many extra inning games. Their ability to play fundamental baseball is very poor. Get them on, move them over, get them in. Yankees can't do that ... even with a runner starting at 2B!!!! Give me some more Willie Randolph types. Sorry ... YES ... I am whining!
Steve - I agree with you Everyone would like to see this but the analytics oppose this and that may be the downfall of baseball.

Once they took on the Stanton deal the line up has been top heavy with guys who strike out to much.

One other thing, Bo Bichette and Guerrero Jr. are REALLY good players.
Bichette swings like a lumberjack swinging at a tree trunk. His hacks are vicious.
Toronto is a team with some good starting pitching could be a real problem.
They handing us with ease, and NO Springer.
Not to mention Springer when he returns and Gurriel. Jr who may be on the cusp of being another serious player. They have some core this team.

I don't think KC is trading Merrifield, as they went out and fortified their team over the winter. I was looking at their box score the other day and the top of their lineup is decent.
Sanchez has looked good this year. I like the way he laces the ball up the middle.
He is making a lot more hard contact and his defense is better especially blocking balls.

I think Torres has improved over the past few games, I noticed he is getting rid of the ball quicker and coming more overhand with his throws.
I agree about the lefty bat but who do you replace? It's not a problem that will keep you out of the playoffs.
The bigger problem is the starting pitching. They need to provide more innings.
I think CF needs to get better, if we can find a lefty CF I think that would help.
For now, platoon Hicks with Tauchman and Gardner. Hicks is much better right-handed. Cashman is going to have to accept the fact that Hicks is not the guy he hoped him to be.

The thing about Torres is, if he makes a few more errors its really going to get into his head and the media won't let up. He is a second baseman. I would be all over Seagar next year in free agency. Lefty bat, premium position. But can we afford him with Stantons contract?

Cashman is going to have to move some of his pieces to make this team more balanced. Its as simple as that.

I agree with you on Sanchez, but then he gets caught in a run down the other night. It's constant mental mistakes with him. I am over him, would move on from him at this point.

Just A LOT of fundamental mistakes that I am really surprised at. There seems to be a lack of emotion and energy in the dugout and with their play. Each time a Blue Jay got a big hit the entire dugout was into it, something seems off with this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.