2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lack of emotion and energy in the dugout and with their play. Each time a Blue Jay got a big hit the entire dugout was into it, something seems off with this group.
In a blink of an eye, this has turned into a semi-veteran team. They may be looking at possible rebuild if they fall short of expectations.

Maybe we can unload Stanton to San Diego in their chase of the Dodgers someday.

I can't imagine anyone taking Stanton unless we pay 80% to 90% of his contract. At that point it makes more sense to keep him and pray he can stay healthy and hit 35+ homers and drive in 100.

I think CF needs to get better, if we can find a lefty CF I think that would help.
For now, platoon Hicks with Tauchman and Gardner. Hicks is much better right-handed. Cashman is going to have to accept the fact that Hicks is not the guy he hoped him to be.

The thing about Torres is, if he makes a few more errors its really going to get into his head and the media won't let up. He is a second baseman. I would be all over Seagar next year in free agency. Lefty bat, premium position. But can we afford him with Stantons contract?

Cashman is going to have to move some of his pieces to make this team more balanced. Its as simple as that.

I agree with you on Sanchez, but then he gets caught in a run down the other night. It's constant mental mistakes with him. I am over him, would move on from him at this point.

Just A LOT of fundamental mistakes that I am really surprised at. There seems to be a lack of emotion and energy in the dugout and with their play. Each time a Blue Jay got a big hit the entire dugout was into it, something seems off with this group.
100% you nailed it!!

As bad as the Yankees are playing - I think they are being managed worse. Boone really sucks and Cashman has not done a great job of putting this team together. Yeah we can say how he got Tauchman, Urshella and Voit off the scrapheap .... BUT .... no way Cashman knew who these guys were ... some 75 year old scout who drank with Stick Michael found those guys. Cashman is the guy who traded for Stanton and gave Hicks and Severino big contracts while we still had another year or two of control. Cashman is also the guy who had to decide between two free agent pitchers who were on the Yankees roster ... JA Happ or Lance Lynn. He got that one wrong too.

I was not a huge Girardi fan - but I bet if you look through my Yankee posts you will see me saying - "Be careful about getting rid of Girardi - who - are you going to replace him with???" I would rather have Girardi than Boone.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Sanchez has made some bad base running mistakes but overall he has played well.
He has cut down on his strike outs and for the most part hits the ball hard. His defense has been much better especially blocking balls in the dirt.
Torres has been better the past few games in the field both getting to balls and his throwing. But his hitting is horrible. He seems to swing for the fences way hard until he has two strikes. He is way off balance.

I still think they can turn it around with this group but they need some leadership. Not sure if Boone is the guy.

They are in last place with a 5-8 record. They continue to be dominated by Tampa. One hit for six innings against Wacha last night.

Odor is terrible. Just release him and play Wade since Estrada was traded to the Giants. Voit can't get back soon enough.

All week, the offense has had less than five hits per game except for one game.

And we get to face Glasnow this afternoon. We need a huge performance out of Monty. If we could win today, we could salvage the series with Cole pitching tomorrow.

If we get swept by Tampa heads should role.

I think the kid gloves approach by Boone, and wanting to be everyone's friend has been all used up. Sometimes people need to have a foot put in there ass to get their attention. Maybe Girardi was a little intense, but he got them further into playoffs with same squad and no ace. Maybe its time to empower the manager again. But you can't insult or criticize anyone,These generation Z types are soft, coddled, and entitled.

A lot of guys worry me on this team right now, but Torres is lost. This is more than a slump, it dates back to all of last year. He was on pace to become a top 5 player in the AL and has really regressed.

Stanton is a dead horse, can't beat him anymore.

Sanchez injury did not look good, he is out of game in top of 5th and the Yanks STILL can't get that clutch hit.

Am I a horrible fan because I actually want them to fail so there are changes and some accountability?

I think the kid gloves approach by Boone, and wanting to be everyone's friend has been all used up. Sometimes people need to have a foot put in there ass to get their attention. Maybe Girardi was a little intense, but he got them further into playoffs with same squad and no ace. Maybe its time to empower the manager again. But you can't insult or criticize anyone,These generation Z types are soft, coddled, and entitled.

A lot of guys worry me on this team right now, but Torres is lost. This is more than a slump, it dates back to all of last year. He was on pace to become a top 5 player in the AL and has really regressed.

Stanton is a dead horse, can't beat him anymore.

Sanchez injury did not look good, he is out of game in top of 5th and the Yanks STILL can't get that clutch hit.

Am I a horrible fan because I actually want them to fail so there are changes and some accountability?
In my opinion Boone isn’t a good manager and needs to go. He’s failed over and over again and lead the Yankees to underachieve year in and year out.

Newsday the other day had an article where slot of players were donating a game check in honor of Jackie Robinson day. Giancarlo Stantons' one game salary is $156,000 lol. Based on a 186 day work year.Not bad come to the ballpark strikeout 3 times and make $156,000. Also 186 day work year is nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.