2021 New York Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more ks for Stanton, 3 more for Bruce today.
Frazier is lost at the plate and was on the bench
German just sent down, 2 more errors.

Sloppy, uninspired energy is what I am watching. ZERO swag and excitement.
They're a snooze to watch right now.

billyS

Reign of Terror
If George were here Boone would be gone.
If Billy Martin were managing he'd pick the next lineup our of a hat.
If Lou were the manager he'd pick a fight with an umpire, throw a base and get kicked out of a game.

In other words, shake things the fuck up!

billyS

Reign of Terror
No real shake up except the obvious move of Odor for Bruce.
Gardner deserves to be in there but I would have put him in center and Frazier in left and Hicks on the bench, not batting fucking third.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Great win.
Abreu looked great. he needs to stay. Oday looked good too.
It's early, give them a break.
They were clearly pressing.
To early to whine.
Abreu has been as high as their number 3 prospect the past few years. He has always missed time with injuries so he never developed command. He did look electric today. I mean Aremarazor had two really week swings against him. I've never seen him have a week hack against any other Yankee pitcher including Cole in the playoffs last year.

I wouldn't be whining if they didn't look so bad. I mean - who is really manning up? Who is coming through and making a statement? Nobody. It's hard to believe that nobody on this team can pick them up and get some timely hits. Gio had a good day. Isolated individual performances isn't going to do it. I want to see Cole tonight pitch 8 or 9 shutout dominant innings so even if we can't hit we win 1-0. Show me something! Could this be just a bad stretch? Sure! ... COuld it be more of a realistic sample of the quality of this team? Maybe - and that is what scares me. However ... I am a realist and the answer is somewhere in between. I can't remember what baseball guy said it but you really can't mak any determination about a team or a player unless you see somethign like 40-50 games. So I can be patient on how I feel about this team. BUT .... BUT .... I can and will make determinations about individual players. Less Hicks - more Gardy and Frazier. Less Bruce and more Odor. Hicks has to be moved out of the three spot in the lineup.

If George were here Boone would be gone.
If Billy Martin were managing he'd pick the next lineup our of a hat.
If Lou were the manager he'd pick a fight with an umpire, throw a base and get kicked out of a game.

In other words, shake things the fuck up!
I know many of you guys always say that Cashman runs the team. It seemed so evident the other day, when Judge sat out again and they asked Boone about it and he said he really had nothing else to say about it except for he could have played.

LW - you are right .... This is all Cashman with making out the lineup card. He has a MASSIVE hard on for Hicks. Absolutely loves him. Cashman is also a big resting guy. He has ZERO instincts on when to play a guy and when to rest him. Example - I would not be surprised AT ALL if he were to rest Urshella today after going 4-5 yesterday. Cashman is great at finding the Urshellas, Voits and Tauchmans but he should let his manager manage the team. Where is Billy Martin when you need him!

LW - you are right .... This is all Cashman with making out the lineup card. He has a MASSIVE hard on for Hicks. Absolutely loves him. Cashman is also a big resting guy. He has ZERO instincts on when to play a guy and when to rest him. Example - I would not be surprised AT ALL if he were to rest Urshella today after going 4-5 yesterday. Cashman is great at finding the Urshellas, Voits and Tauchmans but he should let his manager manage the team. Where is Billy Martin when you need him!
I agree. Boone didnt sound happy. I agree, the manager has to manage.

While on the subject of managing. I just want to throw out this question.... If you had a crystal ball, will Mattingly ever manage the Yankees? Curious of your guys thoughts.

While on the subject of managing. I just want to throw out this question.... If you had a crystal ball, will Mattingly ever manage the Yankees? Curious of your guys thoughts.
The moon and sun would have to align but I wouldn't say never. If things don't go the way the Yanks and Fish planned in these next two seasons, I could see it happening. Donnie has more experience, especially managing deeper into the playoffs. IDK, maybe its the demeanor he has. Its like he would be a perfect fit. I don't think he would have an issue telling Cashman to eat a dick regarding lineups and analytics.

Boone seems pre-programmed after the 2019 season to me. I don't have an issue with him, but if given a choice, DONNIE BASEBALL ALL THE WAY. Fans would go bat shit and support him like they did Torre. Be a fitting twilight to his career if he finally got a ring as the Yankee Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.