2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure George named Stick as the guy in charge of baseball operations while he was suspended. Maybe there was a guy running the business end like Randy Levine does now. But Stick called the shots with trades, free agents, etc.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Both sides want to see who will blink first.

things probably won’t start to happen until they get closer to the start of camp.
Yeah but they're not even talking.

The lockout started December 1 and they are just sitting down at the end of January?

I think the owners are really digging in this time, like in 1994.

They really want what football and basketball have, a hard cap but that will never happen.
So they are going to go for the closest thing which will be a punative luxury tax limit.
It's discouraging to me that the owners initial offer had a lower threshold.

I don't like that Hal seems to be aligned with the small market clubs.
He is coming off as a cheap SOB, nothing like his father.

Also since he is on the committee negotiating this deal, it can't be a coincidence that he sat out free agent signings.

Yeah but they're not even talking.

The lockout started December 1 and they are just sitting down at the end of January?

I think the owners are really digging in this time, like in 1994.

They really want what football and basketball have, a hard cap but that will never happen.
So they are going to go for the closest thing which will be a punative luxury tax limit.
It's discouraging to me that the owners initial offer had a lower threshold.

I don't like that Hal seems to be aligned with the small market clubs.
He is coming off as a cheap SOB, nothing like his father.

Also since he is on the committee negotiating this deal, it can't be a coincidence that he sat out free agent signings.
If the season starts late. The fans will be slow to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.