2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met fans should be more concerned about winning first before worrying about what the Yankees are doing.

we all know that winning on paper don’t mean shit.
Especially in January!!
Not sure what post you are referring to, but I hope it wasnt about losing an Assistant hitting coach..... lol
Maybe I missed the post you are talking about. However, I agree with you, but I dont think many Met fans are soaking in this Glory about a really good off season...

The team that "wins the off-season" rarely wins the real season.

It's usually the teams that are already close who make minor but key adjustments that win the next year.
Agree, 100%. Remember, Met were an under 500 team. They needed a lot. They got a lot, however, we did lose some valuable pieces. Stroman , although he is a dick, and good reddens, but he was solid all year, you lose your right fielder, who sucked last year, but was still your starting right fielder with big upside, and Loup, Mets best Reliever. So, although they had a great off season, they are far from a really good team. they need more.

Agree, 100%. Remember, Met were an under 500 team. They needed a lot. They got a lot, however, we did lose some valuable pieces. Stroman , although he is a dick, and good reddens, but he was solid all year, you lose your right fielder, who sucked last year, but was still your starting right fielder with big upside, and Loup, Mets best Reliever. So, although they had a great off season, they are far from a really good team. they need more.
I expect Cohen to continue to be aggressive if the lockout ever ends.

Mets will add more pieces. 60 year anniversary of the beginning of the franchise this season, Cohen wants that title to coincide with it.
300 million dollar payroll.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets will add more pieces. 60 year anniversary of the beginning of the franchise this season, Cohen wants that title to coincide with it.
300 million dollar payroll.
Good for him. He's got the money, he's actually a Mets fan, he's what George used to be.

What fun it would be if George was still alive and he and Axe, woops I mean Cohen would go head to head!

It would be a new golden age of baseball in New York with both teams competing for the top players all the time. I know Boras would love it.

Good for him. He's got the money, he's actually a Mets fan, he's what George used to be.

What fun it would be if George was still alive and he and Axe, woops I mean Cohen would go head to head!

It would be a new golden age of baseball in New York with both teams competing for the top players all the time. I know Boras would love it.
That would be a treat for NY baseball fans if both were going head to head. I ALWAYS put my money on George!!

Status
Not open for further replies.