2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Triple A will be using the computerized strike zone this year. One step closer! If they ever get that in the major leagues you are going to see Aaron Judge finally have a fair strike zone.
Funny, I saw that too and the first thing I thought about was Judge getting a fair strike zone.
When that happens his OBP will skyrocket and I could lead to as many as 10 more homers a year because now pitchers will have to pitch to him.

Not strike him out with called third strikes at his ankles.

Totally agree.
Then you'll get all those old timers calling into the radio talk shows bitching about how they will never go or watch another game again.
Back in 94 my brother said that and here we are 28 years later and he never went back. He was a HUGE Mets fan. I was at Doc Gooden's no hitter and called him to tell him to put on the game that his favorite pitcher was about to throw a no hitter! He was tempted but swears he did not cave in. People have a breaking point. They can fuck me again and I will go back when they play.

Joel Sherman is reporting that the Yankees are targeting a stop gap SS for 2022, the likes of Adrelton Simmons. Haven't we heard this since November? If he is the SS for 2022 they better have legit upgrades at 1B, CF, LF, and starting pitcher.

With Volpe more than likely to be ready in 2023, I don’t see them giving a SS a multi-year deal. 1B seems to be the priority along with starting pitching. If they can somehow deal Gallo, perhaps Kris Bryant may come into play. I would be happy if they signed Rizzo and Bryant. Also, they seem to be interested in the Japanese outfielder free agent.

With Volpe more than likely to be ready in 2023, I don’t see them giving a SS a multi-year deal. 1B seems to be the priority along with starting pitching. If they can somehow deal Gallo, perhaps Kris Bryant may come into play. I would be happy if they signed Rizzo and Bryant. Also, they seem to be interested in the Japanese outfielder free agent.
All fine with me, but they need to get more lefty bats in lineup. Adding Rizzo and Bryant is nice, but I still think we need a minimum of 3 lefty bats in lineup.

If they upgrade at those other positions and bring in Simmons, thats fine. But they can't think this team as is, with adding back Simmons and say Rizzo will be a contender next season. Its same team.

If they upgrade at those other positions and bring in Simmons, thats fine. But they can't think this team as is, with adding back Simmons and say Rizzo will be a contender next season. Its same team.
Could not agree more, this dugout needs new and improved players. I‘m of the opinion that they are the fourth best team in the division.

All fine with me, but they need to get more lefty bats in lineup. Adding Rizzo and Bryant is nice, but I still think we need a minimum of 3 lefty bats in lineup.

Don’t worry about the lefty bats, Hicks will be back. For a few weeks at least

One thing about Rizzo, his offense was terrible after returning from Covid. His offensive slump lasted about three weeks. Him and DJ are to only two guys that you can count on the put the ball in play when needed. If the Olsen deals doesn't work out, he's a must sign.

From what I have read, the A's want four top-30 prospects including Gil and Peraza for Olson. I hope that includes a starting pitcher as well.

I have not found anything regarding a trade for Gleyber. I still believe in the guy, and think he has big upside. He's only 25.

Rizzo flamed out bad after his hot first 3 weeks and post COVID. Is that more of a thing to come with him? He is a likable player and could still do damage in Yankee Stadium. Much rather have Olsen or Freddie, if the overpay is 40 million for the latter, I would do it rather then give up the prospects.

As far as Torres goes, I think its another case of holding onto the assets for too long. League has figured him out, he is not elite at all. I would package him, Gallo, and a stud prospect for Marte in Arizona.

This team has more holes to fill then a flushing AMP.

I am not liking Rizzo at all. He is simply not that good. I would give up Gil, Peraza and the other names I saw for Olson. Olson would be a solid answer for many years at 1B.

I don't think Torres sould be given up on. He is only 25 and has shown tremendous ability. I think he needs to play 2B and be left there to see what he has. I would hate to dump him, get little in return and have him win an MVP somewhere else. I would rather they play Torres at 2B, DJ at 3B and trade Urshella. I like Urshella - but Torres has way more upside.

I agree on Gallo - he SUCKS and should be offed ASAP.

Funny, I saw that too and the first thing I thought about was Judge getting a fair strike zone.
When that happens his OBP will skyrocket and I could lead to as many as 10 more homers a year because now pitchers will have to pitch to him.

Not strike him out with called third strikes at his ankles.
He gets the screws at the plate because of his size more than any MLB player I can remember

Rizzo would be my third choice behind Olson and Freeman. If they can land Olson, that would leave them with money to spend on FA.

I have to get it though my head that Rizzo is a .250 hitter and on the downward trend of his career.

I am not liking Rizzo at all. He is simply not that good. I would give up Gil, Peraza and the other names I saw for Olson. Olson would be a solid answer for many years at 1B.

I don't think Torres sould be given up on. He is only 25 and has shown tremendous ability. I think he needs to play 2B and be left there to see what he has. I would hate to dump him, get little in return and have him win an MVP somewhere else. I would rather they play Torres at 2B, DJ at 3B and trade Urshella. I like Urshella - but Torres has way more upside.

I agree on Gallo - he SUCKS and should be offed ASAP.
I wouldnt give up on Torres. He cant play SS, but I agree, play him at 2B, and take it from there. He reminds me of Javy Beaz bat, obviously not the fielding. Plus, at SS, where he cant play, it has to play on his mind, then try to hit ? I think at 2B he would have a clear mind and produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.