2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 94 my brother said that and here we are 28 years later and he never went back. He was a HUGE Mets fan. I was at Doc Gooden's no hitter and called him to tell him to put on the game that his favorite pitcher was about to throw a no hitter! He was tempted but swears he did not cave in. People have a breaking point. They can fuck me again and I will go back when they play.
99% always come back.

I wouldnt give up on Torres. He cant play SS, but I agree, play him at 2B, and take it from there. He reminds me of Javy Beaz bat, obviously not the fielding. Plus, at SS, where he cant play, it has to play on his mind, then try to hit ? I think at 2B he would have a clear mind and produce.
That's DJs spot

Food for thought.....

2010-Current Yankees have won the 2nd most games in all of baseball (Dodgers are tops). They have no Pennants or WS championships to show for it.

Reminds me A LOT of the 80's Yankees teams, good but just not good enough. Lots of bandaids to cover up the mistakes. Their championship window is closing fast. Lot of bad expiring contract in the next 4-7 years with players in their upper 30s.

2022 is it for this team to get it right. I hope that is realized in upper management.

Food for thought.....

2010-Current Yankees have won the 2nd most games in all of baseball (Dodgers are tops). They have no Pennants or WS championships to show for it.

Reminds me A LOT of the 80's Yankees teams, good but just not good enough. Lots of bandaids to cover up the mistakes. Their championship window is closing fast. Lot of bad expiring contract in the next 4-7 years with players in their upper 30s.

2022 is it for this team to get it right. I hope that is realized in upper management.
That's why they should move on from Cashman

billyS

Reign of Terror
At least they're talking now and exchanging proposals.

They already moved off some smaller issues.

I like that the players want to cut revenue sharing so the big market teams have more money to spend. I always hated that concept especially since a lot of mid West teams just pocket the money anyway and don't use it to improve their teams.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Any of you yankee fans think we have a shot at freeman? Seems to be a lot of noise about him and yanks.

imagine him in between a healthy judge and Stanton?!
I'm sure that noise is coming from his agent trying to get more out of the Braves before he resigns with them.

But would I want him? Hell yeah, he is my top choice to fill the void at first base this off season.

But Hal is too fucking cheap and I'm beginning to suspect Randy Levine is whispering in his ear about saving money.

Hal is sick of giving Luxury tax to teams like Oakland and especially Tampa and then seeing them beat the Yankees with a quarter of the payroll.

I'm sure that noise is coming from his agent trying to get more out of the Braves before he resigns with them.

But would I want him? Hell yeah, he is my top choice to fill the void at first base this off season.

But Hal is too fucking cheap and I'm beginning to suspect Randy Levine is whispering in his ear about saving money.

Hal is sick of giving Luxury tax to teams like Oakland and especially Tampa and then seeing them beat the Yankees with a quarter of the payroll.
Any of you yankee fans think we have a shot at freeman? Seems to be a lot of noise about him and yanks.

imagine him in between a healthy judge and Stanton?!
Agree with Billy. Would love to have him and they do have some big contracts coming off payroll next season, but knowing that they are going to have to pay Judge, highly doubt it will happen.

Very interesting take on Hal and Levine. Very plausible the way they have operated in recent years. Hal is a cheap bastard when compared to George. Question,in your opinion, doesn't Cashman deserve the blame most because he is the one spending the money (wrongly) ?
It's an interesting discussion.

I never thought of that angle with Levine and the tax, really sharp BillyS!

Not looking too good on the lockout ending anytime soon. Clark and Manfred should take a back seat and let others negotiate. They HATE each other. How can anything get resolved. We as fans are being robbed of a hot stove and spring training buzz. These players and owners are the epitome of greedy.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Not looking too good on the lockout ending anytime soon. Clark and Manfred should take a back seat and let others negotiate. They HATE each other. How can anything get resolved. We as fans are being robbed of a hot stove and spring training buzz. These players and owners are the epitome of greedy.
At least they agreed on a universal DH.
That really helps the Mets with Cano having two years left.

Also looks like the owners are okay with significantly raising the Luxury Cap, again a boon for the Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.