2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see DeGrom play all nine positions in a game, one inning at a time. He was a shortstop for his high school and college career. He was the back-up pitcher but the catcher bitched that DeGrom threw too hard.

billyS

Reign of Terror
There are so many of these rankings. This was ESPN. I tried to read the article but needed a subscription.

I think it was Everson Pereira.

Another prospect that I read good things about is a lefty pitcher, Ken Waldichuk.
There are three or four different rankings.
I tried to read Baseball America but that one too needed a subscription.

I did see one from MLB and it had Volpe further down like 14 or 16 and then Domineguez a few spots behind him. It had Peraza mid 30' I think and Gil was at the end, his rank might have matched his uniform number.

Everson Pereira wasn't on that list but I know he has been on others. He seems to be a very "toolies" guy. Waldichuk too got a lot of attention last year.

Over the years I've tempered my expectations of prospects, I need to see them do it at AA and AAA before I start to get excited.

Too many guys have teased down at A level in the past 15 years since minor league stats have become more readily available on the internet.
Banueles, Mato, Montero, Florial..... I'm sure you guys could add more, that's just off the top of my head.

I know some of you complain they hold onto prospects too long but honestly they have also traded quite a few and none in this decade have come back to huant them. Yet.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
Just saw Pete King posting about Matt Harvey's drug addiction. Should've guessed that was the problem. Lateness issues remind me of Gooden missing the Mets parade down the Canyon of Heroes. Surprised it was coke and not pain killers after the Tommy John surgery. Another Mets ace lost to drugs. So sad. Guess it's time for the Yankees to sign him. :D

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just saw Pete King posting about Matt Harvey's drug addiction. Should've guessed that was the problem. Lateness issues remind me of Gooden missing the Mets parade down the Canyon of Heroes. Surprised it was coke and not pain killers after the Tommy John surgery. Another Mets ace lost to drugs. So sad. Guess it's time for the Yankees to sign him. :D
Saw that in Newsday today but I just had time to skim the article. Something about his teammate Skaggs snorting crushed up Percocet off the clubhouse bathroom hand dryer.

Skaggs is the one who died of a fentenyal over dose and the trainer who supplied it is on trial.

Always thought Terry Collins was a better than average manager during his time as Mets manager, but his airing the dirty laundry of Matt Harveyvs depression/suicidal ideations makes him scum IMO.

Not his story to tell and certainly not an appropriate time to be sharing it.

Always thought Terry Collins was a better than average manager during his time as Mets manager, but his airing the dirty laundry of Matt Harveyvs depression/suicidal ideations makes him scum IMO.

Didnt Collins just say, he is not surprised with that info? Did I miss something where he talked about it? Harvey said it in court, and Collins said he is not surprised. Is there something more?

billyS

Reign of Terror

Where and when was Collins telling this story?

Where and when was Collins telling this story?
To a NY Post reporter. Who more appropriate to air this kind of information to?

https://nypost.com/2022/02/15/matt-harvey-talked-about-killing-himself-while-with-the-mets/

Harvey was so despondent at times that he openly talked about killing himself, according to a source. Collins acknowledged Monday that Harvey’s behavior was erratic enough to warrant counseling with the Mets’ mental skills coach.

“Certainly, that was addressed,” Collins said. “Again, it’s Matt, and one time he talked about, ‘I should just kill myself.’ That’s kind of a common excuse. You try to deal with it the best you can. We certainly tried to get him help, get him some assistance.”

The Post reporter doesn't appear to have made an effort to contact Harvey about the validity of these claims but at least the editor threw in some contact information at the end of the article for those suffering from suicidal thoughts. You know, because the Post is classy.

Saw that in Newsday today but I just had time to skim the article. Something about his teammate Skaggs snorting crushed up Percocet off the clubhouse bathroom hand dryer.

Skaggs is the one who died of a fentenyal over dose and the trainer who supplied it is on trial.
Michael Kay reported on this yesterday. I saw the clip on YouTube. It was my understanding that the information came from Harvey.

There are three or four different rankings.
I tried to read Baseball America but that one too needed a subscription.

I did see one from MLB and it had Volpe further down like 14 or 16 and then Domineguez a few spots behind him. It had Peraza mid 30' I think and Gil was at the end, his rank might have matched his uniform number.

Everson Pereira wasn't on that list but I know he has been on others. He seems to be a very "toolies" guy. Waldichuk too got a lot of attention last year.

Over the years I've tempered my expectations of prospects, I need to see them do it at AA and AAA before I start to get excited.

Too many guys have teased down at A level in the past 15 years since minor league stats have become more readily available on the internet.
Banueles, Mato, Montero, Florial..... I'm sure you guys could add more, that's just off the top of my head.

I know some of you complain they hold onto prospects too long but honestly they have also traded quite a few and none in this decade have come back to huant them. Yet.
Volpe #6
Peraza #25 (from #102)
Dominguez #32 (had a disappointing first pro season)
Pereira #69 (a CF - 2017 international signing)

Severino was the last really top prospect to get excited about

To a NY Post reporter. Who more appropriate to air this kind of information to?

https://nypost.com/2022/02/15/matt-harvey-talked-about-killing-himself-while-with-the-mets/

Harvey was so despondent at times that he openly talked about killing himself, according to a source. Collins acknowledged Monday that Harvey’s behavior was erratic enough to warrant counseling with the Mets’ mental skills coach.

“Certainly, that was addressed,” Collins said. “Again, it’s Matt, and one time he talked about, ‘I should just kill myself.’ That’s kind of a common excuse. You try to deal with it the best you can. We certainly tried to get him help, get him some assistance.”

The Post reporter doesn't appear to have made an effort to contact Harvey about the validity of these claims but at least the editor threw in some contact information at the end of the article for those suffering from suicidal thoughts. You know, because the Post is classy.
The Suicidal thoughts came from a "source" Collins only verified that Harvey had erratic behavior, which everyone saw while he was still on the Mets.

Status
Not open for further replies.