2021-2022 MLB Hot Stove Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Just read a report (as I am sure most of you have) Yanks were looking at Matt Chapman to be a possible trade candidate to play SS. This guy is a gold glove 3B, probably 2nd best in defense only to Arenado. So lets make him a SS, why is it that Cashman and his crew always have to think they're smarter then everyone else in baseball?

Anyway, if any of you could have a player or two you would like to see added to the roster for 2022, who would they be?

For me:

Olsen - 1B
Merrifield - CF
I saw something similar, however, it was the suggestion of the author of the article that getting Chapman and playing him at short was something the Yankees should look into.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Josh Hader
Matt Olson
Nick Castellanos
Bryan Reynolds
I'd rather have Conforto than Castellan's, besides being a left-handed hitter he's a much better defender.

The other three I'd take in a heartbeat, but they all need to be traded for.

I think the players required to get one of them are also the same players/prospect to get the other.

I'd rather have Conforto than Castellan's, besides being a left-handed hitter he's a much better defender.

The other three I'd take in a heartbeat, but they all need to be traded for.

I think the players required to get one of them are also the same players/prospect to get the other.
I don’t think the Yanks have interest in Castellanos. I really like him and hope he stays in the NL. Would hate to see him sign with Boston or Toronto. Besides having a solid season, what opened my eyes was seeing him in a bench clearing brawl. The guy was going nuts. After seeing that and knowing he was a FA, he gained my admiration.

I would give up Dominguez or Volpe/Peralta for Reynolds if the Pirates have interest in trading him.

I don’t think the Yanks have interest in Castellanos. I really like him and hope he stays in the NL. Would hate to see him sign with Boston or Toronto. Besides having a solid season, what opened my eyes was seeing him in a bench clearing brawl. The guy was going nuts. After seeing that and knowing he was a FA, he gained my admiration.

I would give up Dominguez or Volpe/Peralta for Reynolds if the Pirates have interest in trading him.
I agree with you on Castellanos, a switch went off in that brawl and he went Coco Puffs crazy. Him on Boston or Toronto would suck.

Only way I trade Dominguez is if I am getting 3-4 MLB studs in return. Chapman, Olsen, Manea, Montos type package.

I don't know I trust Reynolds yet. I worry he's one of those fly under the radar types in a small market who maybe can't translate that talent over into a big market. I would put Mullins, K.Marte, Merrifield ahead of Reynolds.

Interesting Yankee news today. They should sign Betances as well. The B & B boys were awesome prospects.

The Yankees have signed Manny Banuelos to a minor league deal.

Banuelos, 30, was part of the Yankees minor league system from 2008 through 2014 but never made the big leagues with the team.

In 2015 Banuelos made the major leagues with the Braves appearing in seven games, six starts.

He would not return to the majors until 2019 where he appeared in 16 games for the White Sox, including eight starts.

Banuelos big league line is 4-8 with a 6.31 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, and an ERA+ of 76 across 77 innings.

Last season Banuelos pitched in the Chinese Professional Baseball League and most recently the Mexican League. His signing gives the Yankees depth.

It was a move to provide minor league depth. The Yankees had such high hopes Banuelos, as did I, it costs them nothing to take a flyer.

Yes, I was in jest about signing Betances but so much was made about these two kids at the time.

What is more troubling was that the Mets STOLE Eric Chavez away from the Yankees to be their hitting coach. Someone has to take heat for that. (He was signed a assistant hitting coach)

billyS

Reign of Terror
It was a move to provide minor league depth. The Yankees had such high hopes Banuelos, as did I, it costs them nothing to take a flyer.

Yes, I was in jest about signing Betances but so much was made about these two kids at the time.
There was a third kid along with the above mentioned two who together comprised the killer "B's", Andrew Brackman.
A first round pick who needed TJ surgery immediately. Boras was his agent and forced the Yankees to give him a Major League contract which shortened the time the Yankees could develop him in the minors.

He was tall and could never get his mechanics together, had like one start with the Yankees.

Manny B is a cheap flier, plus he is a lefty. Look what they did with Luetge last season? They must see something in him that makes them think they can get him up to par to face MLB hitters.

As far as Dellin B goes, he had such an awkward windup and delivery, plus the Yankees used him A LOT, no wonder he broke down. BUT, that said, I WOULD take a flier on him too. Guy has pitched 13 1/3 innings COMBINED the last three years. Can't say he isn't well rested, plus I think deep down he ALWAYS wanted to remain a Yankee.

Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.