2020 Yankees Post Mortem and 2020-21 Hot Stove thread

Met rejects usually don't so so bad with us. Gooden was pretty good and Strawberry has more Yankee rings than Met rings! He was a very good part time player. I will take this guy as a middle reliever.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yanks are really scrapping the botton of the barrel now.... I think he pitched for the mets like 10 or 15 years ago, maybe for like a week or so. Dont tell Steve I said this.
Hardly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

From the news report;
The 38-year-old O’Day was 4-0 with a 1.10 ERA in 19 appearances last season for the Braves. In 16 1/3 innings, O’Day registered 22 strikeouts against five walks, permitting eight hits.

A 13-year big league veteran, O’Day is no stranger to the American League East, having compiled a 2.40 ERA over seven seasons with the Orioles from 2012-18, including an All-Star selection in 2015.

Well the rest of MLB managers and coaches disagree with you on Frazier. They think he is NOW a very good defender. I will see how Torres does at short this year - but to say he is the worst SS in baseball is just a Yankee hating thing to say. Plus ... by saying that he is not bad is hardly looking at him with rose colored glasses. Just like last year I was prety much dead on with the Mets ... ACTUALLY ... I was off a little ... Did I predict a last place finish? I don't remember.
Im not saying Torres is the worse, his stats say he is.

Hardly scraping the bottom of the barrel.

From the news report;
The 38-year-old O’Day was 4-0 with a 1.10 ERA in 19 appearances last season for the Braves. In 16 1/3 innings, O’Day registered 22 strikeouts against five walks, permitting eight hits.

A 13-year big league veteran, O’Day is no stranger to the American League East, having compiled a 2.40 ERA over seven seasons with the Orioles from 2012-18, including an All-Star selection in 2015.
after 13 yrs, you are bound to have at least one good yr.

Met rejects usually don't so so bad with us. Gooden was pretty good and Strawberry has more Yankee rings than Met rings! He was a very good part time player. I will take this guy as a middle reliever.
Yes they were good for the Yanks. I was just happy to get those 2 crack heads off of my team.

Well the rest of MLB managers and coaches disagree with you on Frazier. They think he is NOW a very good defender. I will see how Torres does at short this year - but to say he is the worst SS in baseball is just a Yankee hating thing to say. Plus ... by saying that he is not bad is hardly looking at him with rose colored glasses. Just like last year I was prety much dead on with the Mets ... ACTUALLY ... I was off a little ... Did I predict a last place finish? I don't remember.
I didnt say he was the worse SS, I said he was ranked as the worse defensive SS. Fact

LW - so much hate!. Don't worry - one day your team will escape the cellar. This may be their year! Turn that frown upside down!
It may be the year, but Mets still have much work to do. Hitting is really good. Pitching may be really good, if the got Bauer, they would have the best pitching staff in Baseball. But they would still be below average at too many positions defensively, they are not a good base running team. That shit counts.
I realize not Steve, when you say I hate the Yanks, read my posts, I think I commend them a lot more that i put them down. I am starting to think you are jealous that I know more about your team than you do.

HA! I do not think the Mets will finish last ... BUT ... I am going to guess right now .... 80-82. We can reflect back on this after the season.

Yankees will definitely make the playoffs. Way too many variables (mostly health) for me to say that they will go deep in the playoffs though.

HA! I do not think the Mets will finish last ... BUT ... I am going to guess right now .... 80-82. We can reflect back on this after the season.

Yankees will definitely make the playoffs. Way too many variables (mostly health) for me to say that they will go deep in the playoffs though.
Thats fair.

I know nothing about this guy, but a Mets fan friend of mine texted me to say they "LOVED" the signing.
For the record, it wasn't LW who texted me...... :eek:)

IDK, he 38 and been around the block, I am a bit skeptical, not the signing I was hoping for. Was looking for more of a power type arm.

Seems like an Ottavino type, similar delivery. IDK, I do like that he has pitched in the AL East, and I think he has a few sub 2.00 era's in last few years.

You just cant have the worse fielding SS in the league and expect good results. Just like the Mets with CF. Last yr Hicks and Nimo were considered the 2 worse fielding CF in baseball. You can also have a bad SS. Good teams are strong up the middle. And if Sanchez was your catcher? OMG
Your too funny. Torres is so bad but he's the first guy named by ANY team in a trade.
He's young and hopefully will improve. I've seen a lot worse ss roll through NY.
Besides he doesn't cost 25 million a year.
Your just used to seeing greatness in that spot over the last 25 years. Give or take.

Hicks is a very good defender. I hate Hicks ... I call him 33% Hicks. 1/3 of the time he is GREAT! ... BUT ... 1/3 of the time he SUCKS HARD! ... the other 1/3 of the time he is on the DL. But he has a solid glove.

Hicks is a very good defender. I hate Hicks ... I call him 33% Hicks. 1/3 of the time he is GREAT! ... BUT ... 1/3 of the time he SUCKS HARD! ... the other 1/3 of the time he is on the DL. But he has a solid glove.
So then, the way they that they rank fielding, should be off, or not an exact science. because I read the Nimmo, and Hicks were the lowest ranked centerfielders this year.

Your too funny. Torres is so bad but he's the first guy named by ANY team in a trade.
He's young and hopefully will improve. I've seen a lot worse ss roll through NY.
Besides he doesn't cost 25 million a year.
Your just used to seeing greatness in that spot over the last 25 years. Give or take.
I would take Torres in a heartbeat. All I said, was that he was the lowest rated SS defensively. Of coarse every team would ask for him, but they just wouldnt put him at SS because he is not a SS.