2020 Yankees Post Mortem and 2020-21 Hot Stove thread

billyS

Reign of Terror
Colome and Rosenthal are still out there, I would watch those two if Cashman were to sign a reliever. We definitely need at least 1.

As much as I would like Hader, I doubt he is coming to NY to pitch the 7th inning, unless Chapman is being moved.

Still think we need a legit lefty bat.

MOCK TRADE:

Reds Get:
Torres, Andújar, German, Esteval

Yanks Get:
Castillo

Slide DJ to 2B, sign DIDI and his lefty bat, along with a STUD ACE to compliment Cole.
That is way too much. Torres is a legit star who had an off year because he wasn't in shape after the camps shut down. He's only 24 and has been an All Star in his first two full seasons.
I wouldn't trade an everyday All Star player for a pitcher unless he was someone like deGrom two years. Castillo has had two decent years, he's not in that category yet.

If you take Torres out of that deal and add either Garcia or Schmidt (NOT BOTH) then I'd do it.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Colome and Rosenthal are still out there, I would watch those two if Cashman were to sign a reliever.
Shane Greene is still out there also.
I'd take him over Rosenthal.
Rosenthal is pretty far removed from his last good season, 2015.
Colome is probably looking for a closer job at a premium salary. His numbers have been very good the past few years.
But you have to wonder why the Sox let him walk.

Lot of love for Gleybor, he is NOT a SS in my opinion. We see what happens, but top notch starting pitching and clutch hitting has been our achilles heal in the playoffs since the 2009 championship. Those are facts.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mock Trade:

Brewers Get:
Voit, German, Florial

Yanks Get:
Hader

Slide DJ to 1B, Torres to 2B, Sign Didi
So basically you're giving up Voits bat for Didi.
At this stage in their careers Voit is the better hitter.
Hader is a bit of a head case and I'm not sure he'd survive the New York media.

YOu know - number one - LW weren't you ripping Frazier for his glove in 2019??? Yeah - he had issues - but the guy had talent and I said at the time that some people were WAAAAAAY overblowing Frazier's issues in the field. 2020 comes along and he is one of the three finalist for the gold glove in LF. So much for that! Frazier is fine in the field.

NUMBER 2 - Here we go with hating on Torres' glove. This kid is what 24? Lets see how he does this year before we start ripping him apart. I watch MOST games. I do not ever think - "Wow - this kid is bad" ... or "This kid is hurting us". Lets go easy before we just flat out say this kid can't play shortstop. If he is really not good this year then maybe they get a SS in the offseason and they move him to 2B and find a spot for DJ. They will make it work.

There's a chance that the last move will be to sign Gardy with some of the money from the Ottovino deal. Maybe Tanaka comes back at a one year team friendly contract. Unfortunately his better days are behind him.

The bullpen will have to depend on Chapman-Britton-Green-Cessa-Loaisaga and possibly German.

Personally, I play him at ss. I know his defense is a major issue though.
You just cant have the worse fielding SS in the league and expect good results. Just like the Mets with CF. Last yr Hicks and Nimo were considered the 2 worse fielding CF in baseball. You can also have a bad SS. Good teams are strong up the middle. And if Sanchez was your catcher? OMG

YOu know - number one - LW weren't you ripping Frazier for his glove in 2019??? Yeah - he had issues - but the guy had talent and I said at the time that some people were WAAAAAAY overblowing Frazier's issues in the field. 2020 comes along and he is one of the three finalist for the gold glove in LF. So much for that! Frazier is fine in the field.

NUMBER 2 - Here we go with hating on Torres' glove. This kid is what 24? Lets see how he does this year before we start ripping him apart. I watch MOST games. I do not ever think - "Wow - this kid is bad" ... or "This kid is hurting us". Lets go easy before we just flat out say this kid can't play shortstop. If he is really not good this year then maybe they get a SS in the offseason and they move him to 2B and find a spot for DJ. They will make it work.
I never ripped Frazier, maybe I told the truth about him not being a great fielder, but I also would have played him, and I would give him the job this year. I like Frazier. Torres is right now, the worse fielding SS in the game. Can he get better? of coarse. And next yr is when there are a lot of SS on the free agent market. As for you watching most games? yea, I know you do, you just watch them with those rose colored glasses. Take them off, and you would see.

There's a chance that the last move will be to sign Gardy with some of the money from the Ottovino deal. Maybe Tanaka comes back at a one year team friendly contract. Unfortunately his better days are behind him.

The bullpen will have to depend on Chapman-Britton-Green-Cessa-Loaisaga and possibly German.
Tanaka wants $15 mil for a 1 year deal or he probably goes back go Japan.Is he serious? Lol I will personally drive him to the airport.

I never ripped Frazier, maybe I told the truth about him not being a great fielder, but I also would have played him, and I would give him the job this year. I like Frazier. Torres is right now, the worse fielding SS in the game. Can he get better? of coarse. And next yr is when there are a lot of SS on the free agent market. As for you watching most games? yea, I know you do, you just watch them with those rose colored glasses. Take them off, and you would see.
Well the rest of MLB managers and coaches disagree with you on Frazier. They think he is NOW a very good defender. I will see how Torres does at short this year - but to say he is the worst SS in baseball is just a Yankee hating thing to say. Plus ... by saying that he is not bad is hardly looking at him with rose colored glasses. Just like last year I was prety much dead on with the Mets ... ACTUALLY ... I was off a little ... Did I predict a last place finish? I don't remember.