2019 Yankees

He's 9-6. So if he keeps this up he will win 11 or 12 games on a team on pace to win 106 or 107 games. That's not so hot. Plus the 4.53 ERA is a little off-putting. I am praying he pitches well .... But ... I just don't have a good feeling about him.

as of today, 8/20/19, the Yankees have the best record in baseball at 83-43 and a 3.5 game edge over the Astros for home field throughout the playoffs. Not bad for a team that hasn't gotten the most out of their opening day starting rotation.

This West coast trip will be their toughest test this year. Four games with the red-hot Athletics, three with the Dodgers, then on to Seattle for three more. Should be interesting.

billyS

Reign of Terror
After last night's loss, and typical Happ start,the Yanks in their last 27 games are 7-20 when playing in Oakland. That's a scary record!
I was thinking about that too. Don't want to see them win the Wild Card.
I can't remember the last time they won a series there. Even when Oakland sucked we can't win there.
Happ has been a disappointment to me. He has never gotten it going. I can't see him getting a playoff start.
Really can't see him or CC on the Post season roster.

This is Happ's worst year, Tanaka's second to worst year, Paxton's worst year and possibly CC's worst year. German is the exception but this is really is his first full year. If these jerkoff millionaires just had an average year we would be so much better off. It's amazing that we are where we are.

Happ is a bust, no confidence in him. Even worse is we gave him all this money, why not have offered that extra to Corbin? You see his start last night? If we had him this year, we would be 15 games better than we are now. That is Cashman being gun shy and too frugal. I have zero confidence in Happ, he won't make the post season roster in my opinion. CC will because he is the ultimate team guy and its his last year. Yanks won't diss him.

Win tonight, get 2 of 3 in LA and Seattle - Although I think we are going to get a BEATING in LA

Happ has been a disappointment to me. He has never gotten it going. I can't see him getting a playoff start.
Really can't see him or CC on the Post season roster.
You would think he would be straightened out by now. It has to be something in his mechanics that allows him to leave so many pitches in the fat part of the strike zone.

OR - he was 7-0 second half of last season, his walk year. He got paid for that second half to the tune of 34 million. Perhaps he's just not as motivated this year versus last.