2019 Yankees

My point exactly, in the other thread.. He is an asshole. Doesnt hustle, cant play short to save his life. You need good defense up the middle. The Yank dont have that at catcher, not too good at second, you really need a good defensive SS, that why its big to re sign Didi. Even though he will miss half of next season. Machado is an asshole, not only with those quotes, but did you watch last night when he kicked the first baseman's leg? What a dick. Bryce Harper too, hit what, like 220 this year/ Never been a winning player. Do you really want him?

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Goddam I hate to have to keep agreeing with Mr. Met.
I’ve never been a Harper fan. He has been on some very talented teams and they are known more for choking than winning. You wanna be the big dick you take the hit when the team goes south. Just....something with him.
Never disliked Machado I just always felt Didi was a better fit for the clubhouse. Given the injury they should be able to keep him at a reasonable cost. Until this, dependable in the field for sure and a more than capable hitter.

Goddam I hate to have to keep agreeing with Mr. Met.
I’ve never been a Harper fan. He has been on some very talented teams and they are known more for choking than winning. You wanna be the big dick you take the hit when the team goes south. Just....something with him.
Never disliked Machado I just always felt Didi was a better fit for the clubhouse. Given the injury they should be able to keep him at a reasonable cost. Until this, dependable in the field for sure and a more than capable hitter.
Nice. Although, I am a Big Met fan, I try to be very honest on how I feel regarding the Yanks. I dislike the Yanks, but I always like some of their players. How cant I not like Judge?, Didi? CC? Easy guys t root for.
Plus, The Yanks are the Most interesting franchise in all of Sports, ( If not the best) so they are fun to talk about. I think this will be a great thread in the off season...

Torres is VERY GOOD at second base ... especially in his first year. He can play short decently till Didi gets back. Andujar is not very bad at third. This was his first year as well. He will get better. I remember Jeter in one of his seasons in the minors made like 50+ errors. Got to cut both Torres and Andujar some slack. That being said .... if they were to get Machado - he would play third. Harper is extremely inconsistent ... but ... even when hitting 249 this year ... his OBP was 393 because he walked 130 times! Yeah ... they are both dicks and maybe not the greatest guys in the clubhouse but I can't imagine them being a problem when you got a guy like 6'7" 280 pound Aaron Judge around. I would sign either or both as long as they are not ridiculous contracts. They are what 25/26 years old? So you can go 10 years and maybe $25 mill a year up to maybe $30 mill. If they want anything more than that they can scratch. Yankees finally have a low payroll they can add too. Once Didi comes back you could trade Andujar or move him to First Base if Voit doesn't produce. YOu can put Harper in Left and trade Stanton. Or keep Stanton and DH him. Yankees do need starters. Sign Corbin and if you can get Happ back cheap he may be good.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yes I know I was thinking if the Yanks would reach out with a contract offer?
Unless he has his mind set on free agency he might be willing to take say a 2 year deal to prove he is healthy when he comes back?
Yanks never do that. Some small market teams buy out a players arbitration years but the Yankees always wait until a guy hits free agency.
One exception is I think they tried to talk to Cano before he was eligible.

Torres is VERY GOOD at second base ... especially in his first year. He can play short decently till Didi gets back. Andujar is not very bad at third. This was his first year as well. He will get better. I remember Jeter in one of his seasons in the minors made like 50+ errors. Got to cut both Torres and Andujar some slack. That being said .... if they were to get Machado - he would play third. Harper is extremely inconsistent ... but ... even when hitting 249 this year ... his OBP was 393 because he walked 130 times! Yeah ... they are both dicks and maybe not the greatest guys in the clubhouse but I can't imagine them being a problem when you got a guy like 6'7" 280 pound Aaron Judge around. I would sign either or both as long as they are not ridiculous contracts. They are what 25/26 years old? So you can go 10 years and maybe $25 mill a year up to maybe $30 mill. If they want anything more than that they can scratch. Yankees finally have a low payroll they can add too. Once Didi comes back you could trade Andujar or move him to First Base if Voit doesn't produce. YOu can put Harper in Left and trade Stanton. Or keep Stanton and DH him. Yankees do need starters. Sign Corbin and if you can get Happ back cheap he may be good.
I hope you dont mind, but I filled out an application for you for the Yanks GM job...
Not sure how much you watched this year, but if you say ( and you did ) that Andujar, wasnt that bad at third? You must have missed a lot of games then because he was awful, defensively.

I wouldn't trade Andujar. Too much upside and you already know how he fits into the clubhouse. Pitching and a good clubhouse is what wins in the playoffs.

I'd move on from Gardy and CC. offer them a place in the organization. Both are class guys .
try to trade Sanchez or have him DH.
He blows as a catcher. I'd like to see Frazier as the fourth outfielder
Also resign D-Rob

I like the idea of sliding Torres to ss. Until we get DiDi back.

They don't need Harper or Machado.
Let someone else over pay them.

Again. Pitching pitching pitching

Btw fuck Boston

Does Steve get the GM job or doesn't he? You giveth and then you taketh away there, lightweight.
So, I put myself as a reference. So it all depends on how I feel about Steve the day they contact me. Then we will know if he gets it or not.
I wouldn't trade Andujar. Too much upside and you already know how he fits into the clubhouse. Pitching and a good clubhouse is what wins in the playoffs.

I'd move on from Gardy and CC. offer them a place in the organization. Both are class guys .
try to trade Sanchez or have him DH.
He blows as a catcher. I'd like to see Frazier as the fourth outfielder
Also resign D-Rob

I like the idea of sliding Torres to ss. Until we get DiDi back.

They don't need Harper or Machado.
Let someone else over pay them.

Again. Pitching pitching pitching

Btw fuck Boston
I think I agree with everything you said. I Agree about Andujar also...The only thing is, Sanchez as a DH? He hit under 200.

So, I put myself as a reference. So it all depends on how I feel about Steve the day they contact me. Then we will know if he gets it or not..
LMAO. But it's the Mets that need a new GM. Will you be going into that thread to look for candidates or are you throwing your hat in the ring for the job?

LMAO. But it's the Mets that need a new GM. Will you be going into that thread to look for candidates or are you throwing your hat in the ring for the job?
I cant. Reason being, I would not agree to keep the manager, pitching coach, other assistant GM's like to are going to force a new GM to do.

So, I put myself as a reference. So it all depends on how I feel about Steve the day they contact me. Then we will know if he gets it or not.

I think I agree with everything you said. I Agree about Andujar also...The only thing is, Sanchez as a DH? He hit under 200.
I'm hoping Sanchez just had a bad offensive year.
He does hit them far.
I don't know if he will get much better behind the plate though.
Kind of like Mike Piazza. Mike was better behind the plate. But known more for his bat.

Sanchez is still young so who knows. He's got a strong arm.
Posada was a horrible catcher early but got better with time. Not great but serviceable.