Trading for Javier Vasquez (Twice), Jeff Weaver, Kevin Brown
Arron Hicks
Didi
Voit
Gio
Dj
Ottovino
Torres
Chapman. I think you get my point. The guy is widely regarded around the league as a great GM, one who’s team is almost 40 games over 500 and one of the best record in the league. No need to focus on the negatives.

Arron Hicks
Didi
Voit
Gio
Dj
Ottovino
Torres
Chapman. I think you get my point. The guy is widely regarded around the league as a great GM, one who’s team is almost 40 games over 500 and one of the best record in the league. No need to focus on the negatives.
I was talking about the pitching.Which is not good at all.

Arron Hicks
Didi
Voit
Gio
Dj
Ottovino
Torres
Dhiz it was the pitching that was being discussed, not the hitting. Cashman clearly has missed on a lot of arms. Nobody questions his ability to find position players, but those pitchers are terrible. Yanks need an ace, its a must with this lineup and their ability to hit.

Their starting pitching is so bad right now. I am a little leery of these games in LA.
Yea I do see what your saying. Good pitching shuts down good hitting especially in the playoffs. I do believe that the way the playoffs are built now with off days Boone can manage around the strength of their bullpen especially with betances and Sev hopefully coming back. Starters would only need to go 3-4 innings.

I wouldn't be opposed to them using a committee throughout the playoffs, especially if Severino comes back. Tanaka, Happ, Paxton, German all can't get out of the first inning without giving up runs.

Maybe start Green and Severino and let Tanaka, Paxton, German do the middle innings. Then the rest of the pen to finish it. At this point they going to have to get creative, because current staff isn't good enough. We just got swept by Fiers, Bailey, and Roark - They're not Verlander, Cole, and Greinke/Miley

I wouldn't be opposed to them using a committee throughout the playoffs, especially if Severino comes back. Tanaka, Happ, Paxton, German all can't get out of the first inning without giving up runs.

Maybe start Green and Severino and let Tanaka, Paxton, German do the middle innings. Then the rest of the pen to finish it. At this point they going to have to get creative, because current staff isn't good enough. We just got swept by Fiers, Bailey, and Roark - They're not Verlander, Cole, and Greinke/Miley
Assuming Severino isn't stretched out, start Green for one inning, Seve for five, gets to the 7th Inning.

Tanaka, German and Paxton will start for sure.