2019 Yankees

The Mets would NEVER take on his contract, let alone make a trade with the Yankees. If I did the math correctly, he's on year 5 of a 13 year contract.
I was being very facetious, but a Yankee fan can dream.....Sadly, we are stuck with Stanton and his shitty contract. I don't think he will ever be anything more than 260/30/90
He is undisciplined at the plate, injury prone, and stupid filthy rich.

I was being very facetious, but a Yankee fan can dream.....Sadly, we are stuck with Stanton and his shitty contract. I don't think he will ever be anything more than 260/30/90
I'm hoping he was just pressing last year.

His numbers weren't terrible last year. He did carry the team for a while.

It doesn't matter anyway. He's here for the long haul.

Before the injury, my guess is that he would benefit from the first year. There were times last August when he carried the offense in Judge's absence as pointed out by HNS's prior post.

Given that Judge has missed significant time for two consecutive seasons, having Stanton may not be such a bad thing.

Stanton is who he is .... he will hit 270 with 35 HR and 100 RBI WHEN he can play a full season. It is fair to say he will miss time due to DL stints. That is who he has always been. PLUS ... he will amass most of those stats in meaningless fashion. WHat makes him seem really bad is that when he strikes out he looks AWFUL. I mean you can see Judge strike out but he rarely looks completely lost. Stanton takes god awful swings at pitches a mile outside the strike zone. That being said .... let him DH as he is better than Morales or Maybin.
Think about those stats you mention. They are pretty good. Not great, but really good.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Great win tonight. Sales looked unhittable in the first inning.
Always a great way to start a series when you beat the other teams ace in the opener.
Yankees just keep on rolling yet Tampa is hanging right with them.
Maybe the Twins can slow them down.

Think about those stats you mention. They are pretty good. Not great, but really good.
I agree LW. However .... you have guys on the team who may come close for peanuts in salary. Frazier could do 35/100. He hasn't yet but he is actually on pace to do that now. I just don't think he is worth his contract. But again - when healthy he is very good.

Great win tonight. Sales looked unhittable in the first inning.
Always a great way to start a series when you beat the other teams ace in the opener.
Yankees just keep on rolling yet Tampa is hanging right with them.
Maybe the Twins can slow them down.
He did look unhittable.

Hicks's base hit that broke the 1-1 tie was huge.

I'm astounded how GOOD this team is right and the bullpen has been nothing short of brilliant and they seem to be getting better. I can't recall a starter getting through seven innings this year.

Nice to see the Twins ninth inning rally beat the Rays. That's some fan base down in Tampa. I heard cheering when the Twins broke the tie. I know there are a lot of Yankee fans down there but this was nuts.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I gotta tell you something, when Stanton comes back he's got to bat eight. No higher than sixth.
I know it will never happen but....

If I was going into a playoff game with everyone healthy

DJ 5
Judge 9
Didi 6
Luke 3
Hicks 8
Stanton dh
Sanchez 2
Torres 4
Gardy/Frazier 8

Feel free to drop Stanton and his ralley killing strike outs below Gleyber

I gotta tell you something, when Stanton comes back he's got to bat eight. No higher than sixth.

DJ 5
Judge 9
Didi 6
Luke 3
Hicks 8
Stanton dh
Sanchez 2
Torres 4
Gardy/Frazier 8

Gleyber 8? I'm glad I don't have to make this line up

DJ 5
Judge 9
Didi 6
Luke 3
Hicks 8
Stanton dh
Sanchez 2
Torres 4
Gardy/Frazier 8

I will agree. Great hitting lineup on paper. They still have to hit in the clutch, not strikeout much, and pitch well.

You guys give Hicks WAAAAAAY too much credit. He has to hit down in the lineup with his 200 average. Let's see him start to hit on a regular basis. Yes - he has gotten some big hits but Christ! He is hitting 200!