2019 Yankees

Nice series against the Rays. 1/2 game out of first place! Now that Hicks is back hopefully we will see the last of Trauchman. He flat out sucks. I am not a big fan of Hicks but he is better than Trauchman. Let's see if that delicate flower can stay on the field.
Yanks are doing some great job.. Cashman also doing a great job managing this team through all the injuries.

Nice series against the Rays. 1/2 game out of first place! Now that Hicks is back hopefully we will see the last of Trauchman. He flat out sucks. I am not a big fan of Hicks but he is better than Trauchman. Let's see if that delicate flower can stay on the field.
I thought that Tauchman has done an admirable job and with further experience would make a decent fourth outfielder.

Yanks are doing some great job.. Cashman also doing a great job managing this team through all the injuries.
Huge kudos to Cashman and the analytic team for signing/trading for guys like Urshela, Mayban, DJ, Ottavino, Voit, even Tauchman.

Not sure how long they can sustain this. With no timeline for the return of Stanton and Judge you have to have real concern. Amazingly, Didi is not far from returning.

Hate losing Andujar, but he must have been hurting. Hope he recovers fully and can become a viable part of the lineup next year. I LOVE GIO, but no chance he keeps this up.

Big series this weekend, starters have really held this team together. Keep reading Keuchel is coming after the amateur draft.

Boston is scorching hot!

Great series with the Rays, rivalry is really growing. Sunday's game was great in that the hitters were taking pitches and being patient.
Pen was good, Adam's looked solid.

We going to need it with the division tightening up.

The Rays have terrific pitching. Not much offense though except that Meadows dude can hit.

The Yankees don't have the toughest schedule looking ahead. They do need Stanton and Judge badly though.

The Red Sox have a tough schedule the next two weeks. On the round for four with the Blue Jays and weekend series in Houston who has been the best team in baseball the past few weeks. Then four with the Yankees at the stadium and return home to face the Indians.

I like Ottavino - but he did something I just can't believe yesterday. He walked some piece of crap in front of Austin Meadows. There were two outs. Austin Meadows is the only really good bat on that whole team. He is the ONLY guy they shoudl not be pitching too. Then he walks this guy with two outs to pitch to Meadows. HORRIBLE! He did get Meadows out ... but note to Boone DO NOT PITCH TO MEADOWS!

billyS

Reign of Terror
@NINE-LIVES and @LISteve
You guys make me laugh. You should be Mets fans. No matter how well the Yankees play you find something to bitch about. Can't you ever look at positive?
I could never live like that it's like you want to be miserable.
Yes it was bad that O walked the guy in front of Meadows but so what? The big thing was that he struck out their best hitter. That was my take away. Why dwell on a negative?

As far as Adams goes, I don't underestimate what he did yesterday. Too many times a mop up guy will let a blowout become close and then you have to waste your high leverage relievers in what should have been a laugher. So he did a great job yesterday. I figured he would get sent down though to get a fresh arm up. I figured both he and Cortes would since they can't pitch for a few days.

It is an obvious baseball mistake that needs to be pointed out. I am very happy with the Yankees. HOWEVER - I think Boone is not very good. Yankees in teh past have been bad at avoiding big time hitters. I can start with George Brett then Big Papi. There is always like one player on a team you need to avoid. Yankees seem to be bad at that. That's all. I prefaced my statement with "I like Ottavino". I do like him. It's important to work on improving your team ..... now if the Yanks would just appoint me manager ... I would straighten everything out!

@NINE-LIVES and @LISteve
You guys make me laugh. You should be Mets fans. No matter how well the Yankees play you find something to bitch about. Can't you ever look at positive?

I am just a realist, Gio has been awesome, but he is a career 230 hitter. Boone is ok at best as a manager. Yanks have been great to watch compared to April. No Doubt. But its like when I am with a provider, I know they don't like anything other than my MONEY. All the hey baby, honey, poppy bullshit is straight up fluff. Until someone proves me otherwise, its my approach. I like to be pleasantly surprised, so its not all doom n gloom. But Lets Go Yanks! Lets take this momentum and cram it down Boston's fucking throat!! Bust Down Bostiana!!

@ LI Steve - Can't agree with you more about the Yanks being terrible at NOT pitching to other teams great hitter. Papi KILLED them every time it was a big moment, as did Manny Ramirez.

I honestly feel bad for Mets fans, talk about two weeks of riding high and total elation, that shit crashed fast. They are really sad.