2019 Mets

billyS

Reign of Terror
When the party is over ..... turn out the lights.
Not yet! Like I said, they need to hang around until next week when they hit that soft spot in the schedule.
And think about it, if they sneak into that second Wild Card spot then they play the Nationals. They own the Nationals! Things are looking good for them.
That said, this ritual of them ripping off the shirt of the man responsible for a walk off and then having him parade around bare chested is somewhat homoerotic.
But given this is a franchise who one of their all time favorites, Rusty Staub came out after his retirement and one of their most iconic players, Mike Piazza is long rumored to be homosexual, I guess it is fitting.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Mets eliminated.
Call in the dogs and spit on the fire. The New York Metropolitans have been mathematically eliminated from the Wild Card race by a Brewers win tonight.
Time will tell if they made the right decision by going for it at the trading deadline instead of retooling.

My take is they do have a decent young core to build around, Alonso, McNeil, Conforto, Davis and of course a bedrock starter in deGrom.
But they should have traded high on Syndergard, Wheeler and even Diaz to supplement that.
Also Callaway has to go. Get a real manager in there.

I don't think the Mets will ever do the right thing. You are stuck until the Wilpons sell. Then hopefully someone will hire a real GM who will make decent decisions and also hire a competent manager. It all starts with who is in charge. The Wilpons are horrible.
Lets see who they hire as Manager. 100% they will have a new manager.

LW - time to hop on the Yankee train! Come on board! All are welcome!
NEVER, but I cant say enough how impressed I am with the season they had. Boone will be manager of the year. If he is not, then Steve, you will be correct regarding the Yankee bias when it comes to awards. And Cashman will/should be exec of the year.

NEVER, but I cant say enough how impressed I am with the season they had. Boone will be manager of the year. If he is not, then Steve, you will be correct regarding the Yankee bias when it comes to awards. And Cashman will/should be exec of the year.
As much as I would like to see Boone win it, Rocco Baldelli is a LOCK to win manager of the year. Twins were 78-84 last year.

I hope its Girardi or Showalter, they would be instant winners with either manager. Lets hope they don't get cute and make that "outside the box" move everyone seems to want to make. They need a legit game manager.

They played hard for Callaway towards the end, give them credit. They could have given up. Mets have a solid core and need to fill in the gaps with the right free agent signings. CF,C, BULLPEN, back end starter - Not in any particular order.

I agree with you. I dont want a creative signing or like you said, try to be cute with a manager signing. Just get a professional manager. I just think Girardi, although he says he is interested in the Met job, makes too much sense for him to go to the Cubs. But I always liked Girardi and Showalter.

I agree with you. I dont want a creative signing or like you said, try to be cute with a manager signing. Just get a professional manager. I just think Girardi, although he says he is interested in the Met job, makes too much sense for him to go to the Cubs. But I always liked Girardi and Showalter.
Girardi would be too expensive for them.
They will find another cheap option and your pain will continue.

I only speak the truth.
The problem is though, you know NO Truth about anything but the Yankees. But that OK. I have a Yank friend who tells me he is the biggest Yank fan. I asked him if he likes Brian Cashman, and he said, I do not know all of the players, but I am just the biggest YANKEE FAN...