2019 Mets

Much of what I say comes true. I was pretty accurate with most of my predictions here. Here is another prediction. Mets will in no way hire a big name manager. No Girardi, No Showalter ... they will hire some no name bench coach from a no name city like San Diego or Minnesota. They will also win less games in 20 than in 19. You heard it here first. And .... yes .... I should be worrying about my Yankees. They should have won last night and they don't look good right now. The bats disappeared.

Much of what I say comes true. I was pretty accurate with most of my predictions here. Here is another prediction. Mets will in no way hire a big name manager. No Girardi, No Showalter ... they will hire some no name bench coach from a no name city like San Diego or Minnesota. They will also win less games in 20 than in 19. You heard it here first. And .... yes .... I should be worrying about my Yankees. They should have won last night and they don't look good right now. The bats disappeared.
A few things. You should be worrying about your Yanks, but fortunately for you, playoff Baseball is one game at a time and each game if different. Meaning, you said they dont look good right now? Tonight they can score 9 runs. You just have to hope they dont give up 10. But as of right now, its a hard road for them but they are still right there, and NOT in trouble yet.

I really dont care about a big name. You, as a Yanks fan, and this is not a negative, always want and usually get the big name... Because the big name means bigger money, and never been an issue with your yanks. However, I dont care about the big name. I want the best manager, long term. Not sure who that it, time will tell. I will say. I have always liked Girardi when he was on the Yanks. Supposedly he wants the Job, although, I cant believe he will not end up on the Cubs.Beltran may be great one day. Not who I want though. He came in second to Boone when Cashman did his interviews and was so impressed with him, an hired him and one of his assistants. Not sure who I want, but I would be Happy with Buck, Girardi, and the other guys, who speak of Steve, I have no idea, how they would be...I like thinking outside the box most times, just probably not this time.

Beltran to the Mets is gaining steam. I say he becomes a great manager one day. But the Mets will go into next season, expecting to win now. I dont think he is a win now manager. He will take time learning.

I have to disagree LW. Buck Showalter certainly wasn't a big name manager and neither was Torre (Maybe he was known - but not in a good way) Girardi wasn't a big name and neither was Boone. I want a good manager - not a big name. I can't remember the Yankees ever trying for a LaRussa, Boche, Disck Williams type.

I have to disagree LW. Buck Showalter certainly wasn't a big name manager and neither was Torre (Maybe he was known - but not in a good way) Girardi wasn't a big name and neither was Boone. I want a good manager - not a big name. I can't remember the Yankees ever trying for a LaRussa, Boche, Disck Williams type.
agree, 100%. When I mentioned big names to the Yanks, I was really meaning, big name great players... I agree, they became big name managers with the Yanks... I didnt explain it well.

billyS

Reign of Terror
With the Yanks, was it just Sanchez? or all the young players?
Some vets too. But he was there for 10 years
He would make the Mets better. He is great with creating a bullpen.
Even though the Mets at this point (barring off season moves) don't have as much talent as Washington and Atlanta he would have them in contention all year.
If he goes to Philly, they definitely jump ahead of the Mets. Kapler was in over his head.

So, Reporters ( Not the Mets ) are saying that their is another candidate up for the Managers job. A mystery man? Mystery because the reporters dont know who he is. If there is, I am going to say the it is Arod. Just saying. I think he would make an unbelievable manager and I would be all for it. I am just throwing it out there.

I think Arod would do it. He grew up a Met fan. Lives in NY. Always wanted t play for the Mets which never happened. Supposedly he was awesome as an instructor with the Yankees young players. If they are going the new manager route, he is the guy...

billyS

Reign of Terror
I think Arod would do it. He grew up a Met fan. Lives in NY. Always wanted t play for the Mets which never happened. Supposedly he was awesome as an instructor with the Yankees young players. If they are going the new manager route, he is the guy...
I think Arod would be awesome manager. He has a brilliant baseball mind and yes he works well with younger players.