2019 Mets

Amazin'
Hitting on all cylinders. Rookies and veterans coming together. Starters and bullpen in sync. Players picking up when others fail. Teamwork.

I like this lineup with Panik in there and the order that Mickey had tonight. I don't know what to do if some guys come off the IL.

I can't imagine where the team would be if Cespedes was in the lineup. Would that have made them delay Alonso? Davis would not be an everyday player.

Last edited:
That was a magical comeback. Heard the building was absolutely rocking.

My boss has season tickets for Friday home games and gives each employee a game to go to during the year. It was my turn, but I couldn't go. So me and a co worker swapped. I told her this morning, I was so jealous. Unbelievable game.

It's getting to the point that I cringe watching a game where Lugo won't be available because I know the odds are it won't end well. While I can't expect the hitters to come back every game, is it too much to ask that Gsellman, Wilson, and Diaz not all suck in the same game. Hell, even Familia did better than all of them on Sunday.

Normally I would expect the stadium to start emptying in the 7th with the Mets behind by 3. But I bet alot of people stayed last night. Looked like it from what I saw on TV. Would you agree?
A month ago, everyone would have left. Everyone stayed. They think we can come back now any any time.

Been watching tonight's game(switching between innings of the Yankee game).I am surprised that there is barely a crowd there. Thought it would be better with the Mets being hot and Atlanta being a rival.

Been watching tonight's game(switching between innings of the Yankee game).I am surprised that there is barely a crowd there. Thought it would be better with the Mets being hot and Atlanta being a rival.
It was in the mid 90s at game time last night in Atlanta. That may have had something to do with the small crowd.

I don't believe it was hot there tonight- other than Mets bats - and announced attendance was only 25,000. Maybe Atlanta fans not supportive?

Where did all the Mets fans go? Ban? LW??
Don't give up! Matz was awesome last night, bullpen is SO glaringly bad, but Lugo wasn't hit hard.
SUBWAY WORLD SERIES 2019!!
Not giving up on team but Callaway leaves me scratching my head at times. I can agree with Ron Darling's assessment that Matz was hit hard in the sixth but at least let him come out for the 7th and pitch to one batter to see. Look how long he left Lugo in there. And why switch out Davis? Enough with playing by the book with the double switch. If you have to bat for the reliever next inning, then just do it. But to lose Davis for the remainder of the game is not a good gamble. Especially with McNeil out.

And once again the bullpen sucks. If not for the huge lead, we would have lost. What was Callaway waiting for in the ninth before yanking Gagnon? He was in his second inning of work and it took a third home run before you replace him?

That was a bit of a long leash last night.
Wilson to Familia to Lugo
Let Diaz pitch the 6th or parts of the 7th if need be.

Davis has been a nice pickup for Mets, Rosario is hot. I said it earlier, I don't know why they think he is a bad defender. He is starting to come into his own. He is adequate and his bat is a plus. Let his play SS, none of this switching him to CF, unless they got an Allstar SS like Lindor or someone like that.

Beating up on the Royals is a must this weekend.

That was a bit of a long leash last night.
Wilson to Familia to Lugo
Let Diaz pitch the 6th or parts of the 7th if need be.

Davis has been a nice pickup for Mets, Rosario is hot. I said it earlier, I don't know why they think he is a bad defender. He is starting to come into his own. He is adequate and his bat is a plus. Let his play SS, none of this switching him to CF, unless they got an Allstar SS like Lindor or someone like that.

Beating up on the Royals is a must this weekend.
His defense in the beginning of the year wasnt good. He has gotten a lot better, but you know, all people remember was his bad D the for 2 months. I agree with you though, he has been real solid.