2018 Yankees

Two outs, full count, bases loaded, down by 3. Could there be a better baseball cliche? Yup.
STRRRRRRIKE THREE!!!!
And then to have the sacks full, no outs and score only a single run. On a groundout no less.

But I give the Yankees credit for not folding when they were down by 5. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
wow not the start I expected out of Happ
Earlier comment was about Happ not you

Two outs, full count, bases loaded, down by 3. Could there be a better baseball cliche? Yup.
STRRRRRRIKE THREE!!!!
And then to have the sacks full, no outs and score only a single run. On a groundout no less.

But I give the Yankees credit for not folding when they were down by 5. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
HaVe not been good at situational hitting most of the year

Not to sound Greedy BUT......Yanks needed ONE timely hit late in game ! when they had runners on base and they would be up 2 games to none with Severino going monday looking to end Boston's season and 108 wins would be forgotten very quickly!! I will take the split and the home field though.

Not to sound Greedy BUT......Yanks needed ONE timely hit late in game ! when they had runners on base and they would be up 2 games to none with Severino going monday looking to end Boston's season and 108 wins would be forgotten very quickly!! I will take the split and the home field though.
I agree Joeyboy
They can't get a clutch hit and it could bite them in the ass. Its so frustrating, I am DONE with Stanton, never wanted that guy anyway. He is constantly 0-2, swung at a pitch over his head with men on last night to K. He does NOTHING when it counts, all garbage time stats. Another A- Fraud

I spit the bit on the Houston-Cleveland series, wow!

All the other three series have teams that are dominating. Should make for an interesting third round - fourth if you count the two 163rd games - with sold matchups.

Jeez so many negative Yankee fans here.
Even on the radio. But they have been all year, hating on Boone, Stanton, etc...
Boston was great all year. Yanks had a horrible stretch there for while. They still ended up with only an 8 win difference. I do feel Yanks have a great chance. I say they win the series.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Even on the radio. But they have been all year, hating on Boone, Stanton, etc...
Boston was great all year. Yanks had a horrible stretch there for while. They still ended up with only an 8 win difference. I do feel Yanks have a great chance. I say they win the series.
Head to Head Boston won the season series 10to 9
But the Four game sweep in Boston the Yankees didn't have Judge and Sanchez.
So throw that out and it is 9-6 Yankees.
To be fair throw out the last two when both teams had everything clinched and it's still 8-5 Yankees.
The biggest difference in their records was how they played the bad teams.
Yankees only went about 500 or less against bad teams like Baltimore, Detroit, the Mets, Twins.

Now it is just head to head so they have a chance.

Boone left CC in too long same with Severino How many more years do we have to watch Stanton strike out in big moments? 9?
I figure half the fans will echo your sentiment and the other half will say that he pulled him too soon with the resulting homer in the next inning.

I think several of the Yankees had a big hand in the loss.
Stanton whiffs on one fat pitch and two bad pitches, representing the tying run. If he hits the sac fly that Sanchez does, the game takes on a different tone.
Gardner misplays the fly ball over his head. If he catches it, inning over. Sox have only one run.
I'm wondering if Judge could have made more of an effort on the game-winning home run. It looked like it barely cleared the wall.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Stanton wiffed on a pitch that Voit spit on.
CC was left in too long.
Sanchez just missed that pitch, at least he went down swinging.

Bottom line; the Sox were better this year.
They started their rebuild ahead of the Yankees after they finished last a few times. But they have a great young team that under performed last year so they were overlooked somewhat in the pre season media.
This year they gelled.
But the Yankees aren't going anywhere. They will be battling the Sox for the foreseeable future. The rivalry is alive and well.
Go Astros!