2018 Yankees

If I heard it right, Yanks were 2 for 26 with runners in scoring position. Same problem whole second half.
You and Steve, have been saying this all year.. It def came back to haunt them. I think they need some grit, table setters,
Stanton wiffed on a pitch that Voit spit on.
CC was left in too long.
Sanchez just missed that pitch, at least he went down swinging.

Bottom line; the Sox were better this year.
They started their rebuild ahead of the Yankees after they finished last a few times. But they have a great young team that under performed last year so they were overlooked somewhat in the pre season media.
This year they gelled.
But the Yankees aren't going anywhere. They will be battling the Sox for the foreseeable future. The rivalry is alive and well.
Go Astros!
Agreed. I have a feeling this will be a very exciting off season for the Yanks. This is really the off season that they have been waiting for. If you think about it, the last 2 seasons were a bonus. Just not sure that they can keep trying to build with power only.
I know Yank fans hate Boone, from what I see, but obviously he will be back.

The Yankees had a good season and can be a very good team for many years. But there are few missing pieces that they need to be filled. You got to love their young ball players but that starting rotation needs help. To much reliance on the home run and no clutch hitting. I honestly thought if the Yankee hitters were more patient at the plate with all the troubles that Kimbrel had throwing strikes we might be looking at a 2 - 2 series tie with the momentum switching to the Yankees.

There was a time during the year that Yankee fans thought that Severino was better than DeGrom. Since the mid-way point this year he has been an overall disaster. Hopefully we haven't seen the best of him.

The Yankees had a good season and can be a very good team for many years. But there are few missing pieces that they need to be filled. You got to love their young ball players but that starting rotation needs help. To much reliance on the home run and no clutch hitting. I honestly thought if the Yankee hitters were more patient at the plate with all the troubles that Kimbrel had throwing strikes we might be looking at a 2 - 2 series tie with the momentum switching to the Yankees.

There was a time during the year that Yankee fans thought that Severino was better than DeGrom. Since the mid-way point this year he has been an overall disaster. Hopefully we haven't seen the best of him.
I'd like to see them get Corbin and maybe bring back Eovaldi.

I'd like to see them get Corbin and maybe bring back Eovaldi.
You must have hear that from those 3 clowns on WFAN today. Why, because he said that one day, he wanted to pitch for the Yankees ? He is not even that good.
Also Miguel Andujar has to play in that game last night.Ok if Yanks had the lead and you replace him for defense late fine,but his bat has to be in an elimination game!
I agree. Plus Mcutchen who is probably their best on base guy, also should have seen time in that game.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
When Yanks thump out homers they win
Perfect example of why Boston won
Lead off double
Bunt for hit is first and third
Sac fly one run
Double in the corner it’s 2-0
An out and an infield hit end up producing 2 runs

When Yanks thump out homers they win
Perfect example of why Boston won
Lead off double
Bunt for hit is first and third
Sac fly one run
Double in the corner it’s 2-0
An out and an infield hit end up producing 2 runs
And after that, the whole stadium went dead until the 9Th. I was at the game. First time I was at the Stadium is a few years. My friend who has the tickets, brought me to a Yank/Sox game 5 years ago, and there were a bunch of Sox fans from Boston sitting in front of us, and I rooted with them. Red Sox killed the Yanks that game, and My friend was so mad that he hasn't taken me since. So yesterday, he made me promise I wouldn't sit there rooting for Boston. So I wore My Mets shirt and I rooted with my friends. The Yank fans around us were really cool, and thought it was pretty funny but they liked that I was rooting for the Yanks. My friends are die hards, so Why would I not want them to be Happy.

You must have hear that from those 3 clowns on WFAN today. Why, because he said that one day, he wanted to pitch for the Yankees ? He is not even that good.

I agree. Plus Mcutchen who is probably their best on base guy, also should have seen time in that game.
Lol. No I didn't. I very rarely listen to the fan anymore. I can't stand Francesca.
I've always been a fan of Eovaldi and I think Corbin could be good.

The all or nothing approach that all the Yankee hitters have at the plate works during a 162 game season because alot of it is because of bad pitching.Doesn't work in the playoffs where the pitching is better.looking at those swings Stanton had in the 9th.looked like he was 2 ft away from that ball.they don't make any adjustments according to the count.boston can beat you in alot of ways,power.speed hit and run etc.Yanks are too 1 dimensional.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
That's the same thing they said about Mets hitters a couple of years ago. I think it's become the mindset on many teams today. For instance, "launch angle" is not a term I heard until a few years ago.
Wow learned something new. I always thought launch angle referred to s Sophia Belle handjob

Didi now needing Tommy John... That sucks. Thats 10 months, or Half of next season. Their off season just got even more interesting... But torres at short and walker at second?

I'm not a baseball guy, I heard Tommy John rehab isn't as long for a position player as it is for a pitcher. Again not sure if 10 months is the cut down rehab time.

Didi is a free agent after next season so we could have seen the last of him as a yankee ...probably go hard after machado now
Probably. machado is not a great fielder. So, you would have, torres, and machado, all below average defensive players up the middle., and a catcher who cant catch. Machado at 3rd makes more sense but I know he wants to play short. I actually hope they keep Didi, and McCutchen.