2018 Yankees

I love CC but I think it is time to move on. He has been a graet Yankee. I love his guts. However - he can't go deep in games any more and he is a physical wreck. Time to give that rotation spot to either Chad Green or Chance Adams.

If I were a betting man in the upcoming hot stove, Yanks sign Addison Reed for the pen, and Jay Bruce to DH.
Anyone's thoughts or ideas as to what direction they go in??
I think the dh spot is going to go to Headley and Elsbury unless they can unload them. They want to try that kid at 3rd And the outfield is full.
If they get that kid from Japan they may ad him to the dh spot as well.

Gleybor Torres - Cashman has already said is going to start the year in the minors .... but if he rips it up in the spring he will get the 3B job. They are going to trade Elsbury and eat most of his contract. Gardner will play center and CLint Frazier plays left. They will sign Otani - the Japanese kid who will be the 5th starter and part time DH. They will rotate many of the other players in and out of DH to give them some rest.

Gleybor Torres - Cashman has already said is going to start the year in the minors .... but if he rips it up in the spring he will get the 3B job. They are going to trade Elsbury and eat most of his contract. Gardner will play center and CLint Frazier plays left. They will sign Otani - the Japanese kid who will be the 5th starter and part time DH. They will rotate many of the other players in and out of DH to give them some rest.
If Torres starts in the minors. I'd like to see them Sign Frazier and move Headley also.

If I were a betting man in the upcoming hot stove, Yanks sign Addison Reed for the pen, and Jay Bruce to DH.
Anyone's thoughts or ideas as to what direction they go in??
They love those ex Mets.... I think they would both be great signings to be honest.... Sanchez should be the DH though...

Sanchez will be fine at catcher. I would prefer Frazier over Headley ... but ... Headley only has one year left on his contract and I would be surprised if they spent the money and years to get Frazier with Torres so close. One possibility is that they trade Castro and put Torres at second. I am not a big fan of Castro. He is inconsistent and although he may hit - his onbase percentage is VERY low due to horrible plate discipline.

Torres is starting season in minors, he wont be ready after that injury. I see Frazier (Clint) as trade bait for a starter. I have read that Hicks will be an every day players, meaning Ellsbury would be 4th outfielder. Unloading him would be hard, but at this point eat as much of that contract and don't look back. Guy is a sham!

I like energy Frazier (Todd) brings, just not his batting average. I agree with you LI Steve, why spend all money on Todd Frz. when Torres so close and Headley in last year of his contract.

Japanese guy I don't know much about, where would be play in outfield?

I am a fan of Castro, he is inconsistent, but so was Didi when he got here. Castro seems like a good clubhouse guy, always smiling in the dugout, that kind of intangible stuff goes a long way in my opinion.

I prefer to NOT see Darvish in pinstripes, I would rather Arrietta, although I think he has more treading on that arm and would be a huge risk past 3-4 years tops.

I still like Reed and Bruce, Bruce in Yankee stadium is a no brainer, Reed is so diverse, can handle any role. That bullpen would be insane, its a 5 inning game at that point, literally.

In Newsday today Cashman says Torres will be ready for Spring Training and has a shot at 3B. Cashman said he would be challenging Headley ... so I guess that is one way to see that Frazier is not coming back. Cashman also said Ellsbury is the 4th outfielder and that he is going with Gardner, Hicks and Judge. That being said ..... how can you sit Clint Frazier if he hits? I can see Frazier getting playing time over Ellsbury and seeing some time in OF and DH. Eventually Frazier will outplay and replace Hicks. Then you put Gardy in CF and Frazier in LF.

This whole Yankee managerial search is confusing.Brian Cashman is in Orlando and was quoted saying"we want to find a manager like Joe Girardi".....um Brian you had Girardi and let him go.I think there is alot that was left behind closed doors about this.Girardi was on ESPN today and said he wanted to come back but the Yankees didn't want him back.I am not impressed at all with the candidates named. Did it really come down to $$? The new manager will probably get 1 million per year where Girardi was gonna probably get 3-5 mil per year. Does 3-4 mil per mean that much to the Yankees who virtually print money? Maybe Girardi and Cashman didn't get along who knows,but he got this team one win away from a world series that says alot! Maybe they are looking for the warm and cuddly type manager which Gerardi certainly isn't.I n a nut shell Giradri should be the manager of this team...Yankees blew this one!

You guys should love the new Mets manager. He is named Micky, after Micky Mantle, and his brothers name is Casey, after Casey Stengel. His Father was a huge Yankee fan...

I think letting Girardi go was a big mistake, but Im sure most said that when they let Showalter go in 1995. That being said, I think it was more the Yankees, in particular Cashman, fearing that Girardi was winning over the fans and gaining more control. I think Cashman wants a yes man, and Girardi isn't that guy. I think it was organizational fear of Girardi gaining the "torre" status, becoming beloved and he can't do no wrong, that drove Cashman to push Girardi out. Makes no sense how far he got this team in a "rebuilding" year, one win from the world series, to let him go. Something deep rooted and really personal or behind the scenes going on here. NONE of the potential candidates are appealing to me. Hopefully Cash knows something we all dont, like when he signed Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright

I think letting Girardi go was a big mistake, but Im sure most said that when they let Showalter go in 1995. That being said, I think it was more the Yankees, in particular Cashman, fearing that Girardi was winning over the fans and gaining more control. I think Cashman wants a yes man, and Girardi isn't that guy. I think it was organizational fear of Girardi gaining the "torre" status, becoming beloved and he can't do no wrong, that drove Cashman to push Girardi out. Makes no sense how far he got this team in a "rebuilding" year, one win from the world series, to let him go. Something deep rooted and really personal or behind the scenes going on here. NONE of the potential candidates are appealing to me. Hopefully Cash knows something we all dont, like when he signed Carl Pavano and Jaret Wright
Hal said Joe wasn't coming back even if they won the world series. They wanted to go in a different direction. And they have been planning this for the last few years.

Not to big on the awards after the season.Guess you couldn't go wrong naming either Altuve or Judge MVP but i was surprised Altuve won in a landslide over Judge not even close...Judge was actually closer to 3rd place then 2nd. Don't get that. And Stanton barely beats out Votto by 2 votes?Votto on a last place team who didn't play a meaningful game all season.In my opinion Goldschmidt who finished 3rd would have gotten my vote,one of the most underrated players in the game.