2018 Yankees

I saw Severino being interviewed last night and he said that he hopes to go 4 innings and hand it off to the bullpen. That's like a relay runner saying that he hopes to run 50 meters and pass the baton to the next guy. Baseball has really lowered the bar as to what is expected of pitchers nowadays. Then again, after getting yanked in the first inning in his last WC start, I guess lasting four would be a major accomplishment.

Oakland worries me more than Boston. Boone is in an impossible situation unless he wins. Im sure it wasn't his choice to pick Severino, that came from up above with all the analytics. They have been sloppy last month and very unpredictable, you don't know what team will show up. Stadium should be rocking!!

billyS don't get me wrong i am 100% a Yankee fan but i am just nervous.It is like David vs Goliath. Yanks came 1 win from going to WS last year and this yr added the NL MVP .Oakland with NO payroll and throwing a bullpen game against the Yanks.Yanks SHOULD win for sure.But anything can happen in one game.Last year Severino was gone very early hope he goes at least 4 or 5

billyS

Reign of Terror
billyS don't get me wrong i am 100% a Yankee fan but i am just nervous.It is like David vs Goliath. Yanks came 1 win from going to WS last year and this yr added the NL MVP .Oakland with NO payroll and throwing a bullpen game against the Yanks.Yanks SHOULD win for sure.But anything can happen in one game.Last year Severino was gone very early hope he goes at least 4 or 5
You shouldn't think that way if your a Yankees fan. Concentrate on the good and stop listening to those asshole Mets fans.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I will!
Don't worry so much!
We have a great young team, still rebuilding
And forget about all that David vs Goliath nonsense. Our starting lineup only has two guys making any money, Cutch and Stanton.
The rest are rookies or barely arbitration eligible. It's not like we are running out Jeter, Posada and Mo.

I saw Severino being interviewed last night and he said that he hopes to go 4 innings and hand it off to the bullpen. That's like a relay runner saying that he hopes to run 50 meters and pass the baton to the next guy. Baseball has really lowered the bar as to what is expected of pitchers nowadays. Then again, after getting yanked in the first inning in his last WC start, I guess lasting four would be a major accomplishment.
It sounded more to me like he said if he only goes 4 innings and the team gets a win, as long as they win he's fine with that.

It sounded more to me like he said if he only goes 4 innings and the team gets a win, as long as they win he's fine with that.
He made it through unscathed. A's strategy was even stranger with the all-bullpen plan. Baseball is screwed up. No more iron horses. Lou Gehrig would be shocked at what's happened to the game.

billyS

Reign of Terror
As I said the "asshole Mets fans" was not directed at any here. In fact I was thinking about two guys I work with who were all over it when the Yankees were floundering in August/September. One gleefully told me how the A's were going to catch the Yankees after that disaster of a west coast trip.
Today? Crickets.
For two guys who couldn't talk enough baseball the past few weeks neither one has said word about last night's game.
Their usual morning baseball discussion held conveniently outside my office for me to hear did not take place today.
Of course having the class of a Yankees fan I'll let it go and not rub it in.
Those two are asshole Mets fans

billyS

Reign of Terror
Ahole Mets fans Part II
Boomer on the FAN this morning.
His opening comments at 6:00am were about Andujars two bad throws.
And then Sevy getting an ovation for pitching only 4 inninngs.
Not the Judge Homer, not Sevy setting the tone of the game with 2 Ks in the first inning.
He is a big time frustrated Mets fan who just can't stand to let the Yankees fans enjoy their team.