2018 Yankees

billyS

Reign of Terror
They are a very good team. BUT .... way too many of those wins were 1st half. They are not as good as they were at the beginning of the year.
Yeah well they didn't have Judge for most of the second half and Didi for a big chunk of it. Plus Severino had that huge slump.
When all in they can beat anyone but they are not at 100%.
And they will need to be to get past Boston and/or Houston.

So today the Yankees reach 100wins! Not bad considering Judge basically missed 1/3 of the season,Didi missed time,Chapman landed on the DL, Montgomery out for the season,and got NOTHING out of Bird and Gray.Also a horrible ear for Sanchez hitting under.200....And it all could end in 1 game on Wednesday!

Tomorrow is the big day! Anything can happen with one game. I will root for the Yankees but one game is such a crap way to have playoffs. You can't seriously think it moves the better team forward. They should make it where the #1 wild card has to win one of three and the #2 wild card has to win 2 of three. Start the season three days earlier - big deal.

Tomorrow is the big day! Anything can happen with one game. I will root for the Yankees but one game is such a crap way to have playoffs. You can't seriously think it moves the better team forward. They should make it where the #1 wild card has to win one of three and the #2 wild card has to win 2 of three. Start the season three days earlier - big deal.
That's an interesting idea. But at this point, I think MLB is struggling to figure out a way to shorten the season.

billyS

Reign of Terror
And make the division winners sit out longer?

Then they should stop with all of the meaningless inter league games.
Some of the hometown rivalry games like the NY subway series are the most well-attended games of the season. I doubt those will go away. But I guess they could do without many of the others. And certainly the interleague games also come with the quirk of the designated hitter issue, which is a problem more for the American League teams.

Some of the hometown rivalry games like the NY subway series are the most well-attended games of the season. I doubt those will go away. But I guess they could do without many of the others. And certainly the interleague games also come with the problem of the designated hitter issue, which is problem more for the American League teams.
If the they wanted to do one game for charity and bragging rights like the mayors trophy game. I'd be good with that.
Having your expensive pitcher hitting and run the bases when they aren't used to it is crazy.
I think Tanaka got hurt last year running the bases.

If the they wanted to do one game for charity and bragging rights like the mayors trophy game. I'd be good with that.
Having your expensive pitcher hitting and run the bases when they aren't used to it is crazy.
I agree about AL pitchers. That's what I was alluding to, but you said it more succinctly. And I do remember hearing that Tanaka got hurt like that. I'm sure he wasn't the first.
Maybe it's time that the NL adopted the DH, too. I know it takes strategy out of the hands of the manager, but the game could use more excitement. Plus, I'm getting tired of that "batting the pitcher 8th" bullshit strategy.

If you are the better team, just win. It sounds like you are trying to rationalize then losing already. I think they win.
But any athlete
So who will start? I think you will be happy after the game

Severino Starting. Yankee fans are complaining... He is the ace of the staff, correct? He has the best stuff? I think whoever Boone choose, you can debate it. Of coarse he will have a short leash. I would love to see a Yank-Bosox series.

Not possible now because there are an odd number (15) of teams in each league.
Unless another team is willing to switch leauges and make an unbalanced division again.
Oh, yeah. Good point. The only option would be to have a team from each league take an off day. That would work on a Monday or Thursday maybe, but not the other days. I like the balanced divisions. It was long overdue.

Oh, yeah. Good point. The only option would be to have a team from each league take an off day. That would work on a Monday or Thursday maybe, but not the other days. I like the balanced divisions. It was long overdue.
Then maybe both leagues should use the dh.

It would make the game more exciting IMHO.

Yankees have been poor fundamentally and I don't know if Boone knows how to handle this. I can see the Yankees blowing this. Say a prayer. Let's go Yanks!