2018 Yankees

How good has walker been? A real professional. Big HR, and he basically saved the game with that pick at first with the DP the other day and he is not even a first basemen. A vet like him can be big in the Playoffs. And I will say, McCutchen is a nice player. Great Dee and gets on base. I know Yank fans feel for Gardner, but he is a much better player than Gardner.

Love Gardner, but he has been awful this year. Makes it even more glaring when Stanton has been such a dud as well. (Hate Stanton). This is probably Gardners last year with the team, as he has a club option next year.....and Justin Bieber, I mean Bryce Harper is already buying homes in the tri state area. He WILL be a yankee next year. Cashman is salivating having that lefty bat in Yankee Stadium.

Severino looked better last night, I still would pitch Tanaka in Wild Card Game at this point, Followed by Happ - Great pickup BTW! Britton looks a little better, maybe we have gotten past the rough patch. They've been hard to watch last 6 weeks. I'm not a fan of the long ball, Its feast or famine with this current team. I really wish we could structure team with some more situational hitters in the lineup next year. Man it is infuriating to watch them strand so many runners at 3b with no outs or 1 out. Get the runner in.

Love Gardner, but he has been awful this year. Makes it even more glaring when Stanton has been such a dud as well. (Hate Stanton). This is probably Gardners last year with the team, as he has a club option next year.....and Justin Bieber, I mean Bryce Harper is already buying homes in the tri state area. He WILL be a yankee next year. Cashman is salivating having that lefty bat in Yankee Stadium.

Severino looked better last night, I still would pitch Tanaka in Wild Card Game at this point, Followed by Happ - Great pickup BTW! Britton looks a little better, maybe we have gotten past the rough patch. They've been hard to watch last 6 weeks. I'm not a fan of the long ball, Its feast or famine with this current team. I really wish we could structure team with some more situational hitters in the lineup next year. Man it is infuriating to watch them strand so many runners at 3b with no outs or 1 out. Get the runner in.
I agree with you. Plus the defense is not good. Harper though, is a worse version of Stanton. You will hate Harper when he is hitting 35 home runs and batter 220. I would also pitch Tanaka.

Alot of questions about this wild card game who gets the start? Severino,Tanaka,or Happ? Does mcCutchen get the start over Gardner? Romine behind the plate? or do you take your chances that Sanchez can keep the balls in front of him especially if Tanaka is pitching?

Hands down, Romine starts. Sick of greezy hands Sanchez. DH Sanchez if you want the bat in lineup, otherwise DH is a mash up of Walker, Voit, or Gardy. I can't see Bird sniffing an at bat.

Tanaka all the way right now, but have Happ on the ready.

'Cutch over Gardy

Boone has already said he is going with Sanchez. Yanks situational hitting is abysmal. Stanton has to be the most overrated player in baseball. He is not bad and he is giving us exactly what I had hoped. He is a decent run producer but he is no where near a $30 million player. What a waste of $. Judge is much better. STanton may be the 5th or 6th best player on the team.

what did we see last night?

Tanaka given a 3 run lead he instantly coughed up. He is WAAAAY too much of a risk to start the wild card
We had a chance to win the game in the 9th. - We were down one run ... 1st and 3rd 1 out. Tyler Wade was due up. Tyler Wade SUCKS!!!! He simply can't hit. The answer is you would pinch it ANYBODY ON THE ROSTER for Tyler Wade. He let him hit and he made out and could not get the run in. Aaron Boone should be fired for that alone. Boone SUCKS!

Tanaka given a 3 run lead he instantly coughed up. He is WAAAAY too much of a risk to start the wild card
We had a chance to win the game in the 9th. - We were down one run ... 1st and 3rd 1 out. Tyler Wade was due up. Tyler Wade SUCKS!!!! He simply can't hit. The answer is you would pinch it ANYBODY ON THE ROSTER for Tyler Wade. He let him hit and he made out and could not get the run in. Aaron Boone should be fired for that alone. Boone SUCKS!
At this point maybe it should be Happ. I was all for Tanaka before these last two starts. Talk about limping into the playoffs. I shut the game off after Robertson let in that 5th run. They seem so lifeless, another passed ball for Sanchez. Just undisciplined at plate and in the field. Frustrating seeing they came back and had 1st n 3rd with only one out. They simply can't situationally hit. Earlier in game 1st n 3rd one out, Stanton grounds into a DP. Tyler Wade is a pinch runner, thats it. Boone def taking a lot of heat, never understood them letting Girardi go. Wonder if they lose in the playoff game they would consider getting rid of Boone........

My thought exactly LISteve no way should Wade be up in that spot!!

They are a very good team. BUT .... way too many of those wins were 1st half. They are not as good as they were at the beginning of the year. That being said ... they can beat Boston and Houston. They can go all the way. Hopefully Boone does not lose any games for them.

Maybe CC gave them the spark and that edge they have been missing after yesterday. It would be nice for them to win tonight, end the wild card question of where will the game be played. Rest some regulars and the pen.