2017 Yankees

We dont hear about it often, But people getting hit with foul balls and getting hurt is a real big problem and it happens a lot. I know this only because Ed Randle Sunday morning radio show had a whole hour on the subject and I was surprised that it was such a problem.

Lmao!!!! Nice one LW. Did Steve really say that. Obviously he hasn't watched him of late. The adjustments he has made at the plate has made him into dangerous hitter. His walks this year has increased dramatically and he is striking out less often.
Yes he did, either in this thread or the Mets thread.

YES! STANTON IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME.

That is what I was on about. He is the highest paid yet I would not take him at that salary.

He has a 268 lifetime BA

In half his seasons he has missed significant playing time due to injury.

THEREFORE ..... When people say he is among the best players in the game I have to say no.

He can't stay on the field. He is overpaid. His batting average is low.

He is VERY GOOD.

If you could guarantee me that he would play a whole season very year ... then I would say that YES - he is great.

YES! STANTON IS NOT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME.

That is what I was on about. He is the highest paid yet I would not take him at that salary.

He has a 268 lifetime BA

In half his seasons he has missed significant playing time due to injury.

THEREFORE ..... When people say he is among the best players in the game I have to say no.

He can't stay on the field. He is overpaid. His batting average is low.

He is VERY GOOD.

If you could guarantee me that he would play a whole season very year ... then I would say that YES - he is great.
I love you Steve. Nobody said he is the best, or had the highest average... Only the word over rated.... whatever that means.

Congratulations to all the Yankee fans!!! I certainly like their chance tomorrow night against the Twinkies. After they get past Tuesday night then the series against the Indians aught to be very good and exciting baseball.

I like the Yankees chances against the Twins. Let's face it ... the Yanks OWN the Twins. THAT being said ... anyting can happen in one game. So it's very possible the Yankees lose. Should they get past the Twins I think they have a very good chance against Cleveland and everybody else in the postseason. Let's Go Yanks!

Anything can happen in one game. I like the change they are proposing. The #1 wild card only has to win one of two games. The #2 wild card has to win 2 of 2 games.

I agree with LISteve as anything can happen in one game. The Yankees are heavily favored in this game and rightfully so. IMHO regardless of what happens this evening the Yankees have had a very good year and if everyone stays healthy should have a good 2018 as well.

Anything can happen in one game. I like the change they are proposing. The #1 wild card only has to win one of two games. The #2 wild card has to win 2 of 2 games.
That would never happen
Sounds crazy but I really hope the Yanks win tonight.I would like to see them in a long series. If they win, I believe the best 4 teams in the AL then are in the playoffs. Plus it will make for better games. I hate the yanks as an organization because that how I was brought up. I do like some of their players though...

Yeah ... Severino (to quote George) spit the bit. He looked like a scared rabbit out there. But this is baseball and hopefully he will have a chance to redeem himself.

Yeah ... Severino (to quote George) spit the bit. He looked like a scared rabbit out there. But this is baseball and hopefully he will have a chance to redeem himself.
He will have another shot an he may be lights out. Now that they won that game, his start means nothing.