2017 Yankees

no way Kevin long would go back to the yanks since they dissed him a few years ago , just prior to him joining the Mets
Think Tony Pena is perfect fit since he knows players plus fact he's been waiting a decade plus it's a great pr move as he's a Latino and wasn't he a top catcher too (for pitching management purposes)?
I doubt they would look at Tony Pena.

Interesting thought joeyboy. The Yankees as it turned out pitched very well against the Astros and overall matched up pretty well with them despite their superiority offensively during the year. I am far from an expert when talking about the Yankees as a whole but I do think that Kershaw would have made certain Yankee players look bad especially Judge in my opinion. Kershaw for the most part stunk in the post season like he normally does. During the regular season he is one of the best in the game. What really impress me about the Yankees is how how good their bullpen really is and they were also getting very good starting pitching from Tanaka and CC. I think if the Yankee pitching staff continued their excellent pitching they too could of beat this Dodgers team. The Dodgers also have a good bullpen and some of their starters were okay but Darvish, yikes!!! He is a free agent this year and although he had a decent year his world series numbers are dreadful and many may look at these numbers and the fact he also has a tear that hasn't affect him.

Interesting thought joeyboy. The Yankees as it turned out pitched very well against the Astros and overall matched up pretty well with them despite their superiority offensively during the year. I am far from an expert when talking about the Yankees as a whole but I do think that Kershaw would have made certain Yankee players look bad especially Judge in my opinion. Kershaw for the most part stunk in the post season like he normally does. During the regular season he is one of the best in the game. What really impress me about the Yankees is how how good their bullpen really is and they were also getting very good starting pitching from Tanaka and CC. I think if the Yankee pitching staff continued their excellent pitching they too could of beat this Dodgers team. The Dodgers also have a good bullpen and some of their starters were okay but Darvish, yikes!!! He is a free agent this year and although he had a decent year his world series numbers are dreadful and many may look at these numbers and the fact he also has a tear that hasn't affect him.
Darvish cost himself alot of money.
But Those mother fuckers in Houston can hit..

The free agent class this year is not very good. I am glad the Yankees are building from within. This would be a year George would break the bank on somebody not very good and then we would get stuck with a contract for years. Kind of like Ellsbury. Although that was completely on Cashman.

The free agent class this year is not very good. I am glad the Yankees are building from within. This would be a year George would break the bank on somebody not very good and then we would get stuck with a contract for years. Kind of like Ellsbury. Although that was completely on Cashman.
If George was around though, you would of had Sale and Verlander, and won the world searies.... Just saying...

LW - It would have taken Severino and Sanchez (to start with) to get Sale. Sale sucked down the stretch and in the playoffs. We were better off not trying to get Sale. Verlander on the other hand ... you might be right ... but that was a gamble. Verlander looked done when they traded him to Houston.

They have up Moncada and Kopek both top ten prospects. Sale is great but he has shown that he slumps at the end of the season and he does not put up in the playoffs.

not really a Yankee post but such a tragedy to hear about Roy Halladay.I remember him pitching for the Blue Jays and dominated the yankees time after time. RIP