2017 Yankees

I know they won today that's the bottom line but this offense is going to hurt them in a one game playoff.They need to win the division,Today bases loaded and one out Girardi has to pinch hit for Romine there.You have Judge,Holliday,and Bird on the bench...could have put that game out of reach.Then they get first and third and no outs and do not score

Unless they blow their load now. I think it's gonna be all Cleveland this year.

I'm just glad that the Yankees are making it interesting to the end..

One good thing about the yanks, you know that Cashman will try to fix the problems that they have. Like at third And possibly our injury prone first baseman.

If anyone has blown their load it may be Cleveland. Amazing winning streak, but I think it will cost them.

LA was cruising along and looked what has happened to them. Anything can happen in a 5/7 game series. I think its wide open right now.

Third base will be manned by Machado, problem solved. I still think you give Bird a shot at first base. I am worried about Judge though, he needs to adjust. Hoping he can and he is a cornerstone for franchise for years.

If anyone has blown their load it may be Cleveland. Amazing winning streak, but I think it will cost them.

LA was cruising along and looked what has happened to them. Anything can happen in a 5/7 game series. I think its wide open right now.

Third base will be manned by Machado, problem solved. I still think you give Bird a shot at first base. I am worried about Judge though, he needs to adjust. Hoping he can and he is a cornerstone for franchise for years.
I agree in a shorten series anything is possible. It comes down to whoever has the best pitching. I also agree on the hot streak that the Dodgers had and now their last 20 or so games there record is putrid. The Indians are having an incredible run and I agree at some point this too will end and it might come at the worst possible time. We shall see!!! The Yankees are playing pretty well but I am not sure how they match up with the 3 contenders especially the Astros.

Good win last night, Tanaka better, still don't trust him. Judge looked good, anyone notice this thing they're doing in the dugout? Everytime a player hits a hr or gets a big hit they all giving him the "thumbs down" I think its great. This group knows how to have fun. Bird pinch hit, just missed a hr in the 8th inning.

Most of the greats from the 70s are too old too Come out or are gone.
But its still nice to see them get the love from the stadium fans. Not too many greats from the 80s. Those 90s guys like Onneil and Jimmy key
Cone Jeter Tino ECT are what changed their culture so they should be honored

LW - Cone, Oneil ... they are in their 50's!!! Think of it this way ... in the 70's Mantle was in his 50's. Old timers day may not seem like old timer's to you ..... because ... YOU are old! Not poking fun at you ... I am in my 50's too!
No, but remember old timers day, they were older than that. They couldnt really run anymore.... Where, the guys you are talking about can probable still play. Well, I hear you, its for the kids anyway, they probably love it...

well it looks like Boston is going to win the East.Winning the last 2 nights in extra innings and on Friday in extra's as well.Friday Tampa closer blows the save.tuesday nite they were down 6-0 and win the game,and last nite win on a wild pitch. lol Yanks can't catch a break,Definately leery about a 1 game playoff cause this offense tends to fall asleep at times and anything can happen in one game...see what happens

well it looks like Boston is going to win the East.Winning the last 2 nights in extra innings and on Friday in extra's as well.Friday Tampa closer blows the save.tuesday nite they were down 6-0 and win the game,and last nite win on a wild pitch. lol Yanks can't catch a break,Definately leery about a 1 game playoff cause this offense tends to fall asleep at times and anything can happen in one game...see what happens
If they lost that one game playoff, it would be a big disappointment for them. They dont even have to win a next series in the playoffs. They are good.

I agree with LW, regardless of the outcome in the postseason the Yankees have had a very successful year. The performance of their young players have been astonishing this year. The Yankees and their fans have to feel great going into next year. You have Judge, Sanchez, DiDi, Bird & Severino besides that great bullpen. If they can make a couple of moves to pick up 1 or 2 quality pitchers you have the making of a very good team for years. The rumblings coming out of Yankee camp is that they might be interested in Stanton despite his huge salary. What a deadly offensive team you would have with him in the mix.

I agree with LW, regardless of the outcome in the postseason the Yankees have had a very successful year. The performance of their young players have been astonishing this year. The Yankees and their fans have to feel great going into next year. You have Judge, Sanchez, DiDi, Bird & Severino besides that great bullpen. If they can make a couple of moves to pick up 1 or 2 quality pitchers you have the making of a very good team for years. The rumblings coming out of Yankee camp is that they might be interested in Stanton despite his huge salary. What a deadly offensive team you would have with him in the mix.
Stanton is over rated. Ask Steve...lol

Yankees management and ownership should be ashamed of themselves for failing to put up protective netting to protect their fans from potentially deadly foul balls There's no excuse for their procrastination other than greed It should be put in today without further delay

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Yankees management and ownership should be ashamed of themselves for failing to put up protective netting to protect their fans from potentially deadly foul balls There's no excuse for their procrastination other than greed It should be put in today without further delay
Not to be difficult but I'd love to know how many other teams have the same setup, or problem if you will. It's a shame what happened but to blame the Yankees is, in my opinion, short sighted.
Frankly why can't the netting be extended all the way to the farthest end of the dugouts at least.