2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

I think the jags are a bigger shit show than the jets, and that's some big shoes to fill!!

Jags have had top draft picks refusing to play and forcing trades for years. That owner is cheap. The jets only had people forcing trades this year, and that was cause coaching. I'm not sure Trevor Lawrence is all that either.
Trevor is pretty damn good. What do you want the Jets to do at QB? Maybe trade down a little bit to a team who wants fields, accumulate more picks then take Zake Wilson? Miami at 3 will take the Takle if we dont. Highest rated Offensive lineman in the last 7 years, and he didn't even play this year. Trade the pick to the Bengals, who need the tackle to protect Borrow, Then take the QB?

Trevor is pretty damn good. What do you want the Jets to do at QB? Maybe trade down a little bit to a team who wants fields, accumulate more picks then take Zake Wilson? Miami at 3 will take the Takle if we dont. Highest rated Offensive lineman in the last 7 years, and he didn't even play this year. Trade the pick to the Bengals, who need the tackle to protect Borrow, Then take the QB?
Trevor is definitely good. But I think he is over hyped. Jemarcus russell, Ryan leaf, and james winston were pretty damn good in college too.

Look at the leagues top 10 QB's. How many are from top 5 college playoff teams or were number 1 overall picks? It's all about systems. Talent matters but it's not everything.

Trevor is definitely good. But I think he is over hyped. Jemarcus russell, Ryan leaf, and james winston were pretty damn good in college too.

Look at the leagues top 10 QB's. How many are from top 5 college playoff teams or were number 1 overall picks? It's all about systems. Talent matters but it's not everything.

I agree
  1. Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
  2. Josh Allen (Wyoming)
  3. Rodgers (Cal)
  4. Wilson (Wisconsin) (3rd Round Pick)
  5. Drew Brees (Perdue).

A lot of people like Deshaun Watson, he did go to Clemson.

Also other than Eli, there haven’t been any Super-Bowl QB’s picked with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft in the past 20 years. I put emphasis on the past 20 because College Football has changed a lot since then. This big school QB’s (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, USC etc) tend to more often times than not, get drafted and wind-up being a backup. The problem with most of these guys, is that they get to a team like the Jets or Browns and are set up to fail. Most of the players listed below that were successful went to a team that was ready to compete like the Steelers, Colts, and Eagles.

Jamarcus Russel
Tim Couch
David Carr
Sam Bradford
Jeff George
Alex Smith
Steve Bartowski
Vinny Testaverdi
Mike Vick
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Drew Bledsoe
Carson Palmer
Andrew Luck
Jim Plunkett**
Eli Manning**
Troy Aikman***
Terry Bradshaw****
Peyton Manning**
John Elway**
Jameis Winston
Joe Burrow

Those are the Quarterbacks that have been drafted 1 overall. The *’s indicate Super Bowl wins.

Plenty of great QB’s went in the first round in later pics: Ben Roethlisberger (11), Jim Kelly (14), Marino (27), Rodgers etc.

Number 2 picks:

RG3
Rick Mirer
Ryan Leaf
Donovan McNabb
Marcus Mariota
Archie Manning
Bert Jones
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubiski

I’ve excluded guys like Sid Luckman and players that played before the Superbowl

Also of course just to add the players a lot of people consider g.o.a.t status-

Joe Montana 3rd Round. Brady 6th Round

I agree
  1. Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech)
  2. Josh Allen (Wyoming)
  3. Rodgers (Cal)
  4. Wilson (Wisconsin) (3rd Round Pick)
  5. Drew Brees (Perdue).

A lot of people like Deshaun Watson, he did go to Clemson.

Also other than Eli, there haven’t been any Super-Bowl QB’s picked with the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft in the past 20 years. I put emphasis on the past 20 because College Football has changed a lot since then. This big school QB’s (Alabama, Clemson, LSU, USC etc) tend to more often times than not, get drafted and wind-up being a backup. The problem with most of these guys, is that they get to a team like the Jets or Browns and are set up to fail. Most of the players listed below that were successful went to a team that was ready to compete like the Steelers, Colts, and Eagles.

Jamarcus Russel
Tim Couch
David Carr
Sam Bradford
Jeff George
Alex Smith
Steve Bartowski
Vinny Testaverdi
Mike Vick
Matthew Stafford
Cam Newton
Drew Bledsoe
Carson Palmer
Andrew Luck
Jim Plunkett**
Eli Manning**
Troy Aikman***
Terry Bradshaw****
Peyton Manning**
John Elway**
Jameis Winston
Joe Burrow

Those are the Quarterbacks that have been drafted 1 overall. The *’s indicate Super Bowl wins.

Plenty of great QB’s went in the first round in later pics: Ben Roethlisberger (11), Jim Kelly (14), Marino (27), Rodgers etc.

Number 2 picks:

RG3
Rick Mirer
Ryan Leaf
Donovan McNabb
Marcus Mariota
Archie Manning
Bert Jones
Carson Wentz
Mitchell Trubiski

I’ve excluded guys like Sid Luckman and players that played before the Superbowl

Also of course just to add the players a lot of people consider g.o.a.t status-

Joe Montana 3rd Round. Brady 6th Round
You forgot Mark Sanchez! LMAO

I just have to think that that there will be several teams that want to got to #2 to get one of 2 QB's, or the Dolphins and Cincy that would want Sewell the OT. We may be able to move down one spot and get a lot. Or do we just take the OT and keep Darnold. Kiper on ESPN I think was saying something stupid. He said he had Darnold coming out higher than he has Fields ranked now, so the Jets should keep Darnold. Who cares. You just may have been wrong about darnold. Darnold may just be a Andy Dalton. And if Field or Wilson turn out to be big time, Oh boy.

You don’t need the best QB to be competitive and to win a Super Bowl. Better off building the best team. I’m a Giants fan and I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy 5 Super bowl appearances and 4 Super Bowl wins and we never had the best QB. Simms, Hostetler, Collins and Manning.

I just have to think that that there will be several teams that want to got to #2 to get one of 2 QB's, or the Dolphins and Cincy that would want Sewell the OT. We may be able to move down one spot and get a lot. Or do we just take the OT and keep Darnold. Kiper on ESPN I think was saying something stupid. He said he had Darnold coming out higher than he has Fields ranked now, so the Jets should keep Darnold. Who cares. You just may have been wrong about darnold. Darnold may just be a Andy Dalton. And if Field or Wilson turn out to be big time, Oh boy.
I can’t stand Kiper. His face and his voice are equally hateable. But he’s often right. For instance he was high on Justin Herbert and most others thought he was nuts. I’m a Bills fan. I do not want the Jets to succeed. However I think they need to get a coach before they think about the draft. The OT they drafted (Becton) seems to be very good. I do not know much about the rest of the line. If the Jets could land the OC from the Chiefs or Bills as their new coach, they should draft Fields since he has the Josh Allen style of play. If they get someone other than them they should trade the pick for several more since they have more holes to fill than us mongers.

Not being a fan of the Jets, I do still feel bad for Darnold. He never had a chance with his coaches. If they had Mahomes I don’t think they would have won 5 games.

I can’t stand Kiper. His face and his voice are equally hateable. But he’s often right. For instance he was high on Justin Herbert and most others thought he was nuts. I’m a Bills fan. I do not want the Jets to succeed. However I think they need to get a coach before they think about the draft. The OT they drafted (Becton) seems to be very good. I do not know much about the rest of the line. If the Jets could land the OC from the Chiefs or Bills as their new coach, they should draft Fields since he has the Josh Allen style of play. If they get someone other than them they should trade the pick for several more since they have more holes to fill than us mongers.

Not being a fan of the Jets, I do still feel bad for Darnold. He never had a chance with his coaches. If they had Mahomes I don’t think they would have won 5 games.
I agree with everything. Kiper was also very high on Josh Allen. What a stud he turned out to be.

You don’t need the best QB to be competitive and to win a Super Bowl. Better off building the best team. I’m a Giants fan and I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy 5 Super bowl appearances and 4 Super Bowl wins and we never had the best QB. Simms, Hostetler, Collins and Manning.
I agree. No one said you need the best QB. You do however need a compitent one. One who doesnt turn the ball over too much. One that doesnt over throw receiver more times than not. Thats not asking for much. Darnold never showed he can even do that yet. He may be able to eventually however.

Kiper said he thinks Sewell goes at #2. Whether it's the Jets or the Bengals that take him is TBD, but he thinks Cincy moving up from 5 is the best fit

Kiper said he thinks Sewell goes at #2. Whether it's the Jets or the Bengals that take him is TBD, but he thinks Cincy moving up from 5 is the best fit
Not surprised. Do the Dolphins want Sewell also? or do the want a WR. If they both want Sewell, the price is then sky high. Maybe the Jets just take Sewell.

Not surprised. Do the Dolphins want Sewell also? or do the want a WR. If they both want Sewell, the price is then sky high. Maybe the Jets just take Sewell.
Don't know about the status of Miami's O Line, but drafting Sewell to protect Tua sounds like a wise choice. The question is how much are they willing to give a division rival (Jets) to move up one spot?

I have been saying this for several days when I first heard of this. I dont want him. If you look at his record, or Cincy record before and after lewis, it all looks good. What do I remember most about him? That was the time that he had no control of his team. There were always arrests on that team, and players in trouble. No thanks.

DeShaun would look good in Green and White. So many intriguing scenarios for the Jets with that #2 pick. Honestly, IDK that Lawrence is that much better than Fields. I would hate to have to make that decision. I feel like Fields might be slightly better than Lawrence. I honestly wouldn't take Lawrence, I think he is in an ideal system, that plays great at the college level, maybe not so much at the NFL level.

I wouldn't burn that pic on a QB, I would grab that OL from Oregon or trade that pic for a cache of even more pics. More stud QB's playing today have come out of the later rounds, then the first 2 rounds. Sewell and Becton would be some REAL nice bookends on that OL.

I have been saying this for several days when I first heard of this. I dont want him. If you look at his record, or Cincy record before and after lewis, it all looks good. What do I remember most about him? That was the time that he had no control of his team. There were always arrests on that team, and players in trouble. No thanks.
I agree and his shitty playoff record!!

Thoughts on possibly Pederson being our next coach?
Shit he pulled against Washington was weak, gutless. Guy definitely had his hand in ruining Wentz, is he the Darnold savior? Doubt it.
Sounds like he might get job bc of his friendship with Douglas. Weak, typical JETS if it happens.

Thoughts on possibly Pederson being our next coach?
Shit he pulled against Washington was weak, gutless. Guy definitely had his hand in ruining Wentz, is he the Darnold savior? Doubt it.
Sounds like he might get job bc of his friendship with Douglas. Weak, typical JETS if it happens.
I wouldnt say weak. It would actually be a sound hire. More a sure thing than any coordinator out there. You win a SB with a back up QB, you get some credit.