2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

In terms of desirable places to play I would guess Watson would choose NY over any other city. Regardless of the cap space, Jets have a ton and THE MOST draft capital in terms of picks. Watson is theirs if they choose to make the right offer. Watson also has a NO TRADE clause so he could really help the JETS out by demanding only to be traded to NY, that way we don't overpay in draft picks.

Its all positive in my opinion, plus this guy Salah seems legit. Everyone crushing on him, I have to reel in my optimism, because as we all know it's the JETS.
well said

Nobody thought Mayfield was going first.
But most likely your right.

The giants always surprise me with there first picks.
Except for Barkley
I thought quite few people mocked him going #1. I can't remember, other than somehow Josh Rosen was in the mix for #1 with Sam and Baker. He is on his 3rd team now.

At what price?
They have an opportunity to fill a lot of holes in this draft.
I think you pay almost any price, he is a proven commodity at a difficult position to access. Jets have had a terrible time scouting QB's. I think this move defines Douglas. I have seen enough of Darnold, Watson is light years ahead of him. You TAKE the proven commodity over the draft picks that are undeveloped and unproven.

3 First rounders, the #2 this year, Jets number 1 in 2022, and Jets number 1 in 2024, toss them Darnold if you have too. Or flip Darnold for a 2nd rounder like its been reported.

But how often does an elite, all star QB come along and WANT to play for the JETS. All in for this guy.

I think you pay almost any price, he is a proven commodity at a difficult position to access. Jets have had a terrible time scouting QB's. I think this move defines Douglas. I have seen enough of Darnold, Watson is light years ahead of him. You TAKE the proven commodity over the draft picks that are undeveloped and unproven.

3 First rounders, the #2 this year, Jets number 1 in 2022, and Jets number 1 in 2024, toss them Darnold if you have too. Or flip Darnold for a 2nd rounder like its been reported.

But how often does an elite, all star QB come along and WANT to play for the JETS. All in for this guy.
Especially at 25 years old. You would almost have no choice but to make that trade. I love our draft picks but they can turn out to be like most our draft picks. Watson is a sure thing, but who does he have here to play with? I also really like Wilson from BYU a lot. But of coarse thats a gamble.

He will cry and force another trade in two years if things don't go his way.

Don't want a guy who holds out, refuses to play, forces trades and thinks they should have a say in business decisions while barely having a high school degree.

Mock draft has us taking devonta smith at #2. I understand what the heisman winner did in college, but his slender frame and size doesn't convince me one bit.

trading the picks for watson is a no brainer
I hear what you are saying,you said you understand what he did in college, but did you watch the kid in College?

I hear what you are saying,you said you understand what he did in college, but did you watch the kid in College?
I saw the championship game where he had 200 yards. Once again, college game doesn't always translate into the pros.

please reference: Peter Warrick, JJ Stokes, Troy Edwards etc who were just as decorated as devonta

I would rather a big body, someone big with physicality a la DK Metcalf, Mike Evans.

Watson had a no trade clause why would he come to the Jets? They are more than a QB away from being competitive. Lol
we have a better coach [currently] than they do, better future with our draft picks and realistically, the only team that can offer 3 first round picks plus our peasant scrub sam darnold in exchange for Watson. Watson will waive his no trade clause to escape houston as reported by ESPN today.

He doesn't care which team has the best offer or what is better for the Texans. He is looking what's best for him ...he can choose to go wherever he wants . He don't care how many draft picks Houston gets back if he doesn't want to play where they try to trade him,he will just say no.