2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

So, a new Era begins for the New York Jets….. Again! It seems like only yesterday that the Jets were introducing us to Rex Ryan, the hottest defensive Coordinator on the open Market, and his dream of building a Super Bowl winner built around a smash mouth Defense. Though Rex did have some legitimate defenses, he seemed to always be lacking on the offense (especially at QB). So, 5 years later, Rex has shuffled off to Buffalo and we are now introduced to Todd Bowles, the hottest defensive Coordinator on the open Market, and his dream of building a Super Bowl winner built around a smash mouth Defense. Anyone else getting a sense of Déjà vu?

Luckily there are some difference’s here; Bowles’ professional demeanor replaces Ryan’s boastful bravado. New talent evaluating GM, Mike MacCagnan replaces cap analyst, Mike Tannenbaum and general idiot, John Idzik. Finally the Jets seem to have the right people behind the scenes who not only seem to know what they’re doing, but aren’t trying grab their own personal spotlight.

Unfortunately the old saying “the more that things change, the more that they stay the same” is all too true. They still don’t have a leader for the offense, their offensive line is getting old, and bringing back CB Revis is two years too late. And even though Ringmaster Rex has packed up his circus and headed north, he clearly left some of his clowns behind; Expected starting QB Geno Smith gets his jaw broken by a third string player over “charity”, and star DL Sheldon (Weed Racer) Richardson, faces at least a 4 game suspension for stupidity that challenges the Giants DL Jason Pierre Paul’s for dumbest act by a NY football player, so much for a new atmosphere!!!

So what are the Jets chances? I think with that defense they will be competitive and challenge for a playoff spot, unfortunately they play in a tough division. Tom Brady seems to have gotten his balls straightened out and will be looking to re-inflate his legacy. The Dolphins, with their new monster Ndamukong Suh, will be looking to stomp on opposing quarterbacks, and Rex will be oh so happy to tell us how good his band of bullies is. Anything can happen in this division, so the only prediction that everyone will probably agree on is; AFC East football will be must see TV.

Great post and pretty much true except the Shelly/JPP comparison. Yes, both of them were morons, but one of them doesn't have a mangled hand and should be able to resume his career at the same level. Sadly, one most likely will not. At least not right away if ever.

Great post and pretty much true except the Shelly/JPP comparison. Yes, both of them were morons, but one of them doesn't have a mangled hand and should be able to resume his career at the same level. Sadly, one most likely will not. At least not right away if ever.
While I do agree that JPP’s (Jason Pierre-Paul) situation is probably going to impact (or possibly end) his career, I find the Sheldon Richardson situation much more troubling. The difference between the two is that JPP had one moment of bad (very bad) judgment, he obviously did not try and blow up his hand and he obviously had no control of the outcome. What JPP did was no doubt highly stupid, but I can almost guarantee that he will never ever let that happen again.

Sheldon Richardson’s situation is hands down more stupid, and I’m not talking about his leisurely 140mph stroll, with a teenager in the car, and a mushroom cloud of pot smoke seeping out of the car that would put a smile on any Cheech & Chong fan. I’m talking about the situation that got him suspended for the 4 games; failing a drug test.

Unlike PED testing (which is random), recreational (or “street” drugs as the players call it) testing is done only once a year, and it’s done the same time every year (late May or early June) with all the players given the actual date months in advance. So there really is no excuse to fail this, but even if you do, there are no penalties (except for counseling) the first time. In order to receive a suspension you have to fail the test 2 more times after that. Now when you look at the amount of money ($600,000+) Richardson stands to lose for his failure to stop smoking pot it’s pretty comical, not to mention his lack of concern for the Jets organization and his teammates. So when you than add the speeding incident only a few weeks later, he has cemented his legacy of stupidity to Plaxico type levels.

If Richardson fails another test, it’s an eight game suspension. If fails another one after that, it’s adios amigo. It will be very interesting to see how the future plays out. It’s sad about JPP, who couldn’t control his future after that one dumb incident, but it would be much sadder to see a great player throw away his career because he can’t stop smoking pot, I guess that’s why they call it; DOPE

Do you guys want Fitzy back or no? I personally think it's our best option. Not a kapernick fan. I think he was a flash in the pan and does not fit the offensive scheme.

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
I'm a Giants fan so while I would normally just say fuckem I think they should keep the coaching staff.
QB needs to be figured out if Bowles knew he was keeping his job he might run things differently.
As a fan when I watch the Jets I've gotten the sense in a couple of games the players quit.
That's a cancer that can't be allowed to spread.

At this point they should be evaluating Petty. It might buy bowles another year, but I'm not sure I want that.
Bowles isn't going anywhere. He deserves another year or 2. He is still being evaluated. They need to see what they have in Petty. The only thing is that they see Petty in practice everyday. Maybe he just doesn't look that good.

Believe it or not I am a Yankees fan who likes the Jets and Islanders. That is not usually the case ... I am an outlier. The Jets amaze me. How can you have a franchise in NY and not win anything for 50 years? You aren't winning ANYTHING with Fitz as your QB. They have to work on building something. Pathetic. Islanders will be cursed for leaving Long Island.

I agree about the Jets. Build? They have not had a franchise QB since Joe Willie. Boomer and Testaverde were good, but they were not here long and they made their names for other teams. The Islanders? Well, I will save that for another thread. They will have to leave NY most likely

Mr. Wiggley

But what do I know I'm a bad guy
Again not a fan but I heard a lot of talk today on sports radio about players quitting last night. That's a cancer that will ruin Bowles. He and the management need to find a profile player and cut him this week. If Woody Woodpecker would take his head out of his ass and just say Bowles is staying he might be able to stand up to these cunts.

Again not a fan but I heard a lot of talk today on sports radio about players quitting last night. That's a cancer that will ruin Bowles. He and the management need to find a profile player and cut him this week. If Woody Woodpecker would take his head out of his ass and just say Bowles is staying he might be able to stand up to these cunts.
I agree with you completely. A game like last night will be a killer for bowles.

At this point they should start Petty, to see if he can play and also it will be tape for other teams in if they want to move him. Even though I doubt they will move him this off season since he is only in his second year of his rookie season.