2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

Stafford is a beast.
Goff isn’t a franchise qb. he’s better than some but not going to take them to the next level.
Stafford will.
I'm sure mcvay would have a job in a week, Probably less. I'm just saying if this goes bad, which it very well could. Since stafford is technically on the downward slope. Which is still better than Goff. But if they don't win a superbowl in the next two years, he has technically set the franchise back with trading the first round picks.

I'm sure mcvay would have a job in a week, Probably less. I'm just saying if this goes bad, which it very well could. Since stafford is technically on the downward slope. Which is still better than Goff. But if they don't win a superbowl in the next two years, he has technically set the franchise back with trading the first round picks.
The Seahawks do it all of the time.
Brady and Breze have 10 years on him.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Breze came back for another year.

I don't see BREES coming back. The guy is broken.. I loved him as a player. Tough as nails, especially for his size. But I think the ribs were the last straw.

Ribs heal.
What a bad ass for even getting back on the field.
I just wouldn’t be surprised if he came back.
I think after a few months of resting he may return.
I hope he does.
if not, He gets that gold jacket in a few years.
btw. Thanks for the spelling correction.
I had a brain fart.

Is anyone else scratching their heads at how the JETS have whiffed on almost ALL of the players they were looking to sign? I am so pissed, having waited for this free agency period to start and its been a fucking joke.
Thuney
Linsley
Barrett
Judon
Ngakoue
Johnson

All signed already, and Agholor signed by Patriots, with Bourne also possibly going to the Patriots.
This all just tells me that the JETS organization doesn't think they will be competitive this season. Disappointing to say the least, thought maybe with Salah there would be some renewed competitive fire and maybe they win more than 5-6 games. I guess it's time to flush 2021 season in March.

But we did sign LB Jarred Davis, a second stringer from the Lions. WOW!

He is a bigger, faster and younger Crowder. They paid him WR2 money. Look at guaranteed money not the whole contract. The edge rusher (Carl Lawson) has a lot of upside. The mlb from detroit is garbage in my opinion.
I like the Lawson signing, although I thought Ngakoue was the better player. Probably a wash between them both.
I do not like Davis and never have liked him. He disappears for games at a time. Grabs his stats in large chunks and is just not that dynamic or dominant. I wanted A-ROB, still do in a sign and trade. But that aint happening. Galloday would be nice, but will be pricey. Juju seems like a douche bag. Maybe Samuel, I do like Jamal Williams, that guy is a beast! Runs downhill and is a great pass catcher and blocker.

They are not even close to being the same player.
Number wise they are. Both play the slot, Davis is BIGGER than Crowder, but essentially the same WR.

Davis in 2020 - 65/984/5 TD's/14 Games
Crowder in 2020 - 59/699/6 TD's/12 Games

Davis had the benefit of having Tannehill as his QB, Crowder the disadvantage of having Darnold as his QB.

Number wise they are. Both play the slot, Davis is BIGGER than Crowder, but essentially the same WR.

Davis had the benefit of having Tannehill as his QB, Crowder the disadvantage of having Darnold as his QB.
I wasnt talking about numbers....

Davis and tennehill had the benefit of every defense stacking the box to stop Derrick Henry!

Crowder was lucky enough to have Joe Flacco for a few games also.

I was hoping for Curtis Samuel and Jamal Williams, but Samuel is off to WFT and Williams to the Lions. All this cap space for what? And I'm honestly not sure if it's JD's fault or, after being a 2-14 team that's being vague about who is going to be their QB this season, players just don't want to come here. Now I'm hoping a Watson trade is in the cards.

I was hoping for Curtis Samuel and Jamal Williams, but Samuel is off to WFT and Williams to the Lions. All this cap space for what? And I'm honestly not sure if it's JD's fault or, after being a 2-14 team that's being vague about who is going to be their QB this season, players just don't want to come here. Now I'm hoping a Watson trade is in the cards.
I liked Samuel's versatility, would be a nice piece in the Offense, ala Leon Washington years ago.
Williams signed for peanuts, the Jets couldn't beat that? SMH, that guy is a beast.

Sometimes I think these GM's try to be too cute, they want to find that "steal" of a player at a cheaper price. I think it's sometime too far outside the box. Talent is talent, if its available, and you have a need, snatch it up. Don't always be looking for that diamond in the rough. You pay for what you get the majority of the time.

Frustrating for sure that they haven't made any more solid signings.
Reading that Watson now DOES NOT want to go to NY or MIA - SF or Denver only.

Jets are talking to JuJu......Cut Crowder and they save 10 million.
Why can't we send a second rounder to the Bears for Robinson and get the ELITE WR with gorilla glue for hands?!
That is the type of play maker we need!!