Football

I’m not a Chiefs fan . Nor am I a hater. I’m very impartial.

imho… No one could look that good and then do a 180 and look that bad. Unless it was on Purpose

You can’t say Mahomes is a choke artist. He’s succeeded on all levels. Last week he wasn’t on another level, he was on another planet. And he came out like that. And then all of a sudden , he played like Browning Nagle.

I think he threw the game. He was emotionless on the sidelines. Like “oh well, shit happens”. He was even smirking.

A modern day shoeless Joe Jackson …
Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Sometimes you win with emotion, and sometimes you win with technique, sometimes you win with power, and sometimes you win with coaching, and sometimes you win by luck, or a combination of these factors.

In the end, it comes down to who wants it more.

These players come from the same reservoir and are basically equally talented. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses, and ebbs and flows.

KC lost the game on the last play of the first half. Poor game management.

If you want to succeed at anything in competition, you must stay hungry and focused.

Bengals got overwhelmed in the beginning of the game, and then made adjustments.

Hey, I’m a big time KC fan, and I am not shocked, surprised nor bummed out. Everybody knew what the Bengals were capable of, lest they would not have been playing in the AFC Championship game.

In a competition on that level, the outcome is never wholly predictable.

I’m not a Chiefs fan . Nor am I a hater. I’m very impartial.

imho… No one could look that good and then do a 180 and look that bad. Unless it was on Purpose

You can’t say Mahomes is a choke artist. He’s succeeded on all levels. Last week he wasn’t on another level, he was on another planet. And he came out like that. And then all of a sudden , he played like Browning Nagle.

I think he threw the game. He was emotionless on the sidelines. Like “oh well, shit happens”. He was even smirking.

A modern day shoeless Joe Jackson …
I think the "emotionless" look you mentioned was more shock then anything. Like, how did this all meltdown in our own stadium?! They were in complete control and didn't make adjustments. Bengals did. Reid is partially to blame for that, those picks Mahomes threw didn't help either. I think Mahomes suffers from that "Brady-Invinsibilty" syndrome a bit. He thinks he is Brady and has Brady's predisposed winning fate.

Throwing the game? Na. 30 Mill a year contract for the next ten years, State Farm, Head n Shoulders commercials, Adidas Sneaker Contract.
Stands to lose a lot more then to gain by throwing the game. Bengals never gave up, scratched and clawed their way back into the game, turned up the pressure on the Chiefs O in the 2nd half. Mahomes was under duress a lot more in 2nd half than 1st half. Give credit where credit is due, Bengals are a good team. They are LOADED on offense moving forward, and Burrows is looking like a stud QB. Def is meshing at right time. They're a team with some additions on the O line and on defensive side of ball that could become a powerhouse.

I think the "emotionless" look you mentioned was more shock then anything. Like, how did this all meltdown in our own stadium?! They were in complete control and didn't make adjustments. Bengals did. Reid is partially to blame for that, those picks Mahomes threw didn't help either. I think Mahomes suffers from that "Brady-Invinsibilty" syndrome a bit. He thinks he is Brady and has Brady's predisposed winning fate.

Throwing the game? Na. 30 Mill a year contract for the next ten years, State Farm, Head n Shoulders commercials, Adidas Sneaker Contract.
Stands to lose a lot more then to gain by throwing the game. Bengals never gave up, scratched and clawed their way back into the game, turned up the pressure on the Chiefs O in the 2nd half. Mahomes was under duress a lot more in 2nd half than 1st half. Give credit where credit is due, Bengals are a good team. They are LOADED on offense moving forward, and Burrows is looking like a stud QB. Def is meshing at right time. They're a team with some additions on the O line and on defensive side of ball that could become a powerhouse.
The Bangles secondary is no match for the rams.
They will be picking on Eli apple all game.

Nice analysis.

KC started that game like a house on fire. Nobody touched Mahomes. Mahomes was on target. The team was firing on all cylinders, and they were scoring at will.

KC became complacent, thinking that the Bengals signed a “non-compete clause.”

And, the sleeping giant woke up.

Someone forgot to tell that to Joe Burrow. At the end of the day the game will be decided up front in the trenches.
The games are won and lost in the trenches, true.

And those earthmovers that create and destroy that wall of protection up front are responsible for approximately 3 seconds of opportunity for the play to develop.

And, then, the remainder of the play lands squarely in the hands of the “brain center” of the offense, the QB, to advance, stagnate or retreat.

Tom Beady
Retired
Not retired
Retired
Not Retired

TBH- I once admired this guy. He bowed out gracefully.. What does he need to prove.. ?
Stay home .. enough already

So the draft is coming . Who do you guys want. I think, hopefully, even the Jets and Giants cant fuck up this first round. They should both get 2 really good players, then the Jets should get 2 more in the second

For my Giants. I want Tackle Evan Neil if he falls to them with their first pick or One of the top edge rushers. Hutchinson would be nice but probably will be gone too.
They should be able to get some quality players with their two first round picks.

I’d be fine with trading back for more picks. They need everything.

I can't believe how quickly everything is falling apart for the Browns. Two seasons ago, they were the "it" team. Now, they're reopening the Factory Of Sadness for all to see.