Football

I know there's are threads about our Jets and Giants. Both not getting much chatter because of how bad they are.
So I thought what if we had just a football thread. Especially with the playoffs a week away.

I like the Saints and Ravens for the Superbowl with the Ravens winning it all.

Btw. As much as I hate Dallas and Philly. The Giants need to lose for the best draft position.

Well, they have become a longshot now, but don't count out the gang led by Andy Reid down there in Arrowhead with "Mahomesboy" slingin' and moving and playin' backyard style. They might be a few pieces short. Never really replaced Kareem Hunt in the running back slot. Mahomes maybe not fully healed from that ankle injury. But I have loved the KC Chiefs from way back in the days of (boys, keep on matriculating the ball down the field) Hank Stram, Lenny Dawson, Otis Taylor, Willie Lanier, et cetera.

Patriots seem short-handed.

Saints, robbed last year, seeking revenge. (Brees is unbelievable. It looked like his injury earlier might be career-ending. He is a real soldier. Now has knee injury. Sean Payton, genius. And Possibly Antonio Brown --- wow.)

49ers, masterful this year.

Seahawks, tough team.

Pesky Titans.

Texans pretty solid but sometimes come up flat.

Vikings? (IDK)

Bills, not enough.

General Category: Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Eagles, depends on what side of the bed they wake up on.

Good football this year. Enjoy!!!!!!

Ravens and Saints look tasty for a SB.
Bree's is an animal.
I still think Limp Wrist Lamar shits his bed in playoffs for the Ravens, allowing the Chiefs to get into the SB.

Bills/Chiefs from AFC
Saints/Niner's from NFC

billyS

Reign of Terror
Football question, not Pro but college.
Since when are two players on the same team allowed to wear the same number?
I was watching the Fiesta Bowl and two players wore number 2 Young/Dobkins and I also noticed number 1 was shared by the QB and a defensive player.

Football question, not Pro but college.
Since when are two players on the same team allowed to wear the same number?
I was watching the Fiesta Bowl and two players wore number 2 Young/Dobkins and I also noticed number 1 was shared by the QB and a defensive player.
It's been going on for a few years. They can't be on the field at the same time, and might have to be one offense and one defense. I remember looking it up a few years ago when I first saw it.

Ravens and Saints look tasty for a SB.
Bree's is an animal.
I still think Limp Wrist Lamar shits his bed in playoffs for the Ravens, allowing the Chiefs to get into the SB.

Bills/Chiefs from AFC
Saints/Niner's from NFC
I disagree. Jackson is a beast.
I don't think he's as talented as Mchomes but I think it's his year.
I also find him easy to root for.
Unlike that dick Rodgers.

Look at Miami beating the Patriots in Foxboro. You know the Patriots will make adjustments but that was not supposed to happen. And it wasn't a meaningless game. No "bye" for the Patriots. Will the Titans shock the faithful in Foxboro?

I disagree. Jackson is a beast.
I don't think he's as talented as Mchomes but I think it's his year.
I also find him easy to root for.
Unlike that dick Rodgers.
Jackson is great, but I don't think he is an established pocket passer, YET. Ravens don't have much in the way of top tier Wr's, Andrews is solid as a TE. I think Ravens can be beat if you stack the box and spy Jackson, make him beat you with his arm, not his legs. He will get his 50 years rushing, but if you can limit the damage, I don't think he can win a huge playoff game with just his arm. He will get there in next year or so, just don't think it's his year this year. Flip side to that is, I can only see Buffalo or KC beating the Ravens. I don't think New England, Tennessee, or Houston can beat them.

Rogers has a face you just want to punch, same for Phillip Rivers. Both just need a fucking beat down.

I enjoyed the Wildcards. Bills v Texans was a good game. Bills played enough to win. Deshaun Watson was an escape artist. It brings back memories of the wildcard game back in 1993, Buffalo Bills v Houston Oilers. Frank Reich, backing up an injured Jim Kelly couldn't do anything for almost three quarters and then engineered a comeback from 32 points down against Warren Moon to win.

I like the Chiefs over Houston.

And the Titans, led by pissed-off ex-Patriot, Coach Mike Vrabel, beat the short-handed champs up in Foxboro. Edelman uncharacteristically drops one in the numbers. Derrick Henry runs like a stampede of horses. They ran the ball down NE's throat. Close game. Nice trick play with Brady yelling as Edelman about misalignment and then hands him the ball and he waltzes in for the score. Logan Ryan ex-Patriot pick-sixes Brady. Supposedly major upset but a lot of people predicted it after the Miami loss.

Now what for Brady???????????

Ravens v Titans?

Can the one-dimensional Titans with their monster running back, Henry, compete with the Ravens and their flashy QB, Lamar Jackson?

Ravens, heavy favorites.

Saints looked and played terrible, Ran Cook at them all day. Surprised they looked that bad, but not surprised Minnesota won. Cook runs hard and angry like Henry. I think they're overmatched going to SF.

Seahags got a little lucky with Wentz getting hurt, McNown is no longer a varsity QB let alone an NFL one. Can't see Seattle taking it too GB.

GB vs. SF

Chiefs are going to be all over Houston, total mismatch in my opinion.
Tennessee has a chance if they play ball control and keep that clock ticking and the ball away from Jackson. They have to run run run and drain that clock, otherwise Jackson is going to have a field day.

TEN vs. KC - Calling the upset right here gents, Ravens LOSE.

I was shocked how bad the Saints were. On the plus side, no ring for jack rabbit or Eli apple.
I don't think any of the wild card teams will advance.

With another year of experience, I can see Josh Alan and the Bills taking over top spot in the Afc east even though the pats will probably bring back Brady for another year.

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved the Bills (even though committed by loyalty to the Jets) since the days of OJ Simpson and those monster years with Marv Levy, Jim Kelly (Scott Norwood, 47 yard FG, wide right, OhhhhMG, not again) and then Magic Doug Flutie (admitted by Wade Phillips to be his worst decision of his life replacing Flutie with Rob Johnson) and what an incredible "How did a team come so close, so many times, empty-handed?" (not to mention the Frank Reich miracle.)

But as long as there is a Bill Bellichick, a Robert Kraft, Brady or not, (very, very, very difficult decision to let him go because of loyalty and the greatest run in football history) the Patriots will revamp and always remain highly competitive and dominant in that division. But, if Bellichick leaves -- mediocrity at best and the Bills will rule that division.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Randle Cunningham
Michael Vick
Lamar Jackson.

You don't win in the NFL playoffs with an athletic run first QB.

Looks great in the regular season, but never works in the playoffs.

I guess it's analogous to a home run hitting team in MLB. Looks great on the regular season as you crush lesser opponents, but does work against the better pitching in the playoffs.

Kansas City showed tremendous poise against the Texans, erasing 24 points like water off a duck's back. This year with Spagnuolo, having a sufficient defense to match that colorful offense and Andy Reid is so ready to finally win the prize after hovering around for so many years. Mahomes' earlier injury looks well-healed and he can run out of trouble and even go down field nicely and his arm is already a legend for a 24 year old. Kelce is just a stud, hungry, mannish. An admirable backfield, although never truly replacing the electrifying Kareem Hunt.

Vrabel's Titans well-coached in the Bellichick tradition and Henry is a diesel and what a quarterback Tannehill turned out to be. Fearless group of men. Proved everybody wrong and gaining tremendous momentum.

I'll take the Chiefs in Arrowhead which was once reported in the Guinness Book of World Records as the loudest stadium on the earth by decibels.

And then there is Rogers against Garoppolo. Packers showing a lot of recent bravado but facing quite a team in the 49ers. Rodgers might be running out of time in getting another ring to cement his legacy. Big game. I just can't pick. But for nostalgia, I root for Aaron.

Really a great football season this year.

Kansas City showed tremendous poise against the Texans, erasing 24 points like water off a duck's back. This year with Spagnuolo, having a sufficient defense to match that colorful offense and Andy Reid is so ready to finally win the prize after hovering around for so many years. Mahomes' earlier injury looks well-healed and he can run out of trouble and even go down field nicely and his arm is already a legend for a 24 year old. Kelce is just a stud, hungry, mannish. An admirable backfield, although never truly replacing the electrifying Kareem Hunt.

Vrabel's Titans well-coached in the Bellichick tradition and Henry is a diesel and what a quarterback Tannehill turned out to be. Fearless group of men. Proved everybody wrong and gaining tremendous momentum.

I'll take the Chiefs in Arrowhead which was once reported in the Guinness Book of World Records as the loudest stadium on the earth by decibels.

And then there is Rogers against Garoppolo. Packers showing a lot of recent bravado but facing quite a team in the 49ers. Rodgers might be running out of time in getting another ring to cement his legacy. Big game. I just can't pick. But for nostalgia, I root for Aaron.

Really a great football season this year.
I don't think Rodgers O line is any match for San Frans fast defense.
Vrable played for the Chiefs too.
Hard game to pick. That defense shut down Jackson so I wound surprised if they did the same to Mchomes

With this kind of resolve, Vrabel might be hard to beat. Or, it might work against him, realizing he might be a couple of games away to facing something he could not have really meant.

Prior to the season, Vrabel joined the "Bussin' With the Boys" podcast with the Titans' offensive tackle Taylor Lewan and linebacker Will Compton. Vrabel was asked if he would cut off his penis to win a Super Bowl, to which he said, "Probably."

Vrabel added: "You guys will be married for 20 years one day. You won't need it."