Football

I love that Rodgers lost Adams.
I am not a Roger’s hater. He is naturally aloof. That is his nature. He takes care of business well. (well, except in the playoffs when it really matters)

The loss of Adams is devastating. Must fill his shoes with someone of equal value.

Sorry, @hardndslick, I would love to see Aaron and The Pack bring some rings back to the lambeau

I am not a Roger’s hater. He is naturally aloof. That is his nature. He takes care of business well. (well, except in the playoffs when it really matters)

The loss of Adams is devastating. Must fill his shoes with someone of equal value.

Sorry, @hardndslick, I would love to see Aaron and The Pack bring some rings back to the lambeau
I love his talent. But. Too me he seems like a greedy dick.
His shitty Attitude is the reason why he dropped in the draft.

From what I read. Addams took less money to go to the Raiders than what GB offered.
That speaks volumes to me. It's more than getting to play with his boy Carr.

Got his ego bruised pretty badly by the Browns. Even torn ACL’s can heal, but the ego remains scarred.
The funny thing is they told his agent at the combine they would only be interested in a new QB if a more talented one was available.
He knew but acts surprised.
Just a baby..

Meanwhile. We don't hear a word coming from Matt Ryan

The funny thing is they told his agent at the combine they would only be interested in a new QB if a more talented one was available.
He knew but acts surprised.
Just a baby..

Meanwhile. We don't hear a word coming from Matt Ryan
Love “Matty Ice.” Would love to see him avenge that Super Bowl debacle.

I love his talent. But. Too me he seems like a greedy dick.
His shitty Attitude is the reason why he dropped in the draft.

From what I read. Addams took less money to go to the Raiders than what GB offered.
That speaks volumes to me. It's more than getting to play with his boy Carr.
I hear you; he comes across that way. He looks way too relaxed, sometimes like he is sedated or in a coma; avoids the important questions; not very likable.

Okay, some players mesh and others don’t. Carr and Addams might be a great duo, good.

Anyway, I enjoy Rogers’ aloofness. He is stable in wins and losses, and he sees the field. The fact that he only has one ring, speaks of his deficiencies, and that he needs to go a few octaves higher.

His calmness allows him to see the field and watch plays unfold. He is 39, I think. He better put it all together right quick.

His patience came in handy when he waited on the sidelines for three years, waiting for Favre to leave.

I hear you; he comes across that way. He looks way too relaxed, sometimes like he is sedated or in a coma; avoids the important questions; not very likable.

Okay, some players mesh and others don’t. Carr and Addams might be a great duo, good.

Anyway, I enjoy Rogers’ aloofness. He is stable in wins and losses, and he sees the field. The fact that he only has one ring, speaks of his deficiencies, and that he needs to go a few octaves higher.

His calmness allows him to see the field and watch plays unfold. He is 39, I think. He better put it all together right quick.

His patience came in handy when he waited on the sidelines for three years, waiting for Favre to leave.
Lets See how good he is without his #1 receiver.

Lets See how good he is without his #1 receiver.
C’mon, @NINE-LIVES, what is any QB without great hands on wheels?

Mahomes without Tyreek Hill, Travis Kielce?

Brady without THE BEST THAT MONEY COULD BUY? Randy Moss, Gronk…

Stafford without Cooper Krupp?

Matt Ryan without Julio Jones?

and, going back:

Montana without Rice, Clarke

Aikman without Irvin?

Marino without Duper?

Kenny Stabler without Cliff Branch?

Namath without Maynard?

Len Dawson without Otis Taylor (my favorite)

Steve Young without Jerry Rice?

They all can throw ‘em, but the can’t catch ‘em.

C’mon, @NINE-LIVES, what is any QB without great hands on wheels?

Mahomes without Tyreek Hill, Travis Kielce?

Brady without THE BEST THAT MONEY COULD BUY? Randy Moss, Gronk…

Stafford without Cooper Krupp?

Matt Ryan without Julio Jones?

and, going back:

Montana without Rice, Clarke

Aikman without Irvin?

Marino without Duper?

Kenny Stabler without Cliff Branch?

Namath without Maynard?

Len Dawson without Otis Taylor (my favorite)

Steve Young without Jerry Rice?

They all can throw ‘em, but the can’t catch ‘em.
Yeah? And your point Moogs? I think I made it pretty clear in my post.
Who's he throwing too in 2022? Nobody on the level of Adams, unless they traded for Metcalf IF Seattle is tearing it down.

Yeah? And your point Moogs? I think I made it pretty clear in my post.
Who's he throwing too in 2022? Nobody on the level of Adams, unless they traded for Metcalf IF Seattle is tearing it down.
Well, I guess what I am saying is that most of the household names don’t relish the fact of playing in the Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin.

But, there are plenty of young hungry studs who are willing to compete to exhaustion to make the roster no matter where it be. Hence, the no- names are born like the Edelmans, and Amendolas of the Brady-Patriot era.

How many times have you seen a “great-one” go down, and a “no-name” fills his shoes, and becomes a “name.”

It’s a powerful prideful organization, Green Bay is. And, they had the easy option of matching Adams’ salary, and they didn’t. They let him go. They will find great targets for Rodgers. And, who wants an unhappy Adams chained to a contract?

Sure, he will be sorely missed, but the franchise moves on. It is incumbent upon a great QB to make others great.

Well, I guess what I am saying is that most of the household names don’t relish the fact of playing in the Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin.

But, there are plenty of young hungry studs who are willing to compete to exhaustion to make the roster no matter where it be. Hence, the no- names are born like the Edelmans, and Amendolas of the Brady-Patriot era.

How many times have you seen a “great-one” go down, and a “no-name” fills his shoes, and becomes a “name.”

It’s a powerful prideful organization, Green Bay is. And, they had the easy option of matching Adams’ salary, and they didn’t. They let him go. They will find great targets for Rodgers. And, who wants an unhappy Adams chained to a contract?

Sure, he will be sorely missed, but the franchise moves on. It is incumbent upon a great QB to make others great.
I like the Packers, not a hater on the franchise. But I have had enough of the Rodgers act, the martyrdom, the acting like he is gods gift to the NFL and media.

Win a few playoff games, maybe another title, otherwise shut up Rodgers.

The MVPs are personal awards, not team awards. He could never have done it without Adams, without a solid O-Line. He crumbles when the stakes are at their highest.

That act he played thanking his teammates, coaches, and family for helping him in his career was a farce. He is a greedy M0-FO just like the majority of these over priced, coddled, entitled athletes. It was all a stunt for that last big contract.

I get it, as an athlete you gotta get yours, but the Whoa-Ess-Me act is tiring and a little cunty.

I like the Packers, not a hater on the franchise. But I have had enough of the Rodgers act, the martyrdom, the acting like he is gods gift to the NFL and media.

Win a few playoff games, maybe another title, otherwise shut up Rodgers.

The MVPs are personal awards, not team awards. He could never have done it without Adams, without a solid O-Line. He crumbles when the stakes are at their highest.

That act he played thanking his teammates, coaches, and family for helping him in his career was a farce. He is a greedy M0-FO just like the majority of these over priced, coddled, entitled athletes. It was all a stunt for that last big contract.

I get it, as an athlete you gotta get yours, but the Whoa-Ess-Me act is tiring and a little cunty.
A lot of people dislike the way he comes across nowadays. He was more well-liked in his early years.

In professional sports because of the pressures of massive media attention, criticism, accolades, the ego oftentimes inflates, and becomes distorted.

It’s pretty difficult to remain the humble, simple athlete that started out just loving to play the game. Some just hide the egocentric nature better than others.

In New England, Brady’s joy and individualism was stripped away from him, as was every other players’, and the truth was never allowed to surface. You remember those stoic, boring, repressed post game conferences. Nobody allowed to be an individual, and the Patriot faceless tank rolled forward.

The NFL has become pretty well stocked with some really talented, intelligent and young QB’s. Rodgers missed a golden opportunity last year to capture a badly-needed ring for his legacy. One Super Bowl win is not extremely impressive.

If not for Brady being 6 years Rodgers’ senior, setting a whole new standard, Rodgers at almost 40 is a spectacular display of skill and power for his age.

But, I get your point, you have no respect for his theatrics, especially when compared to the more rugged, stoic, blue-collar QB’s who play the game like Stafford who almost wasted a whole career in Detroit, never muttering a peep, and coming to work every Sunday and laying it on the line time after time, seriously understaffed. A lot has to be said for that type of exemplar character. It is far more admirable.

Okay, let the games begin. Who do you guys like? (Moneyline predictions, without spreads)

Giants v Vikings
Dolphins v Bills
Seahawks v 49ers
Chargers v Jaguars
Ravens v Bengals
Cowboys v Bucs

My takes: Giants, Bills, 49ers, Chargers, Bengals, Cowboys

Okay, let the games begin. Who do you guys like? (Moneyline predictions, without spreads)

Giants v Vikings
Dolphins v Bills
Seahawks v 49ers
Chargers v Jaguars
Ravens v Bengals
Cowboys v Bucs
Locks:
Bills
49ers
Bengals

My picks: (Not confident in any of these picks)

Giants (the Vikings are not that good as evidenced by the Packers blowout - but it would be AWESOME if they won!)

Jaguars (tough call - Chargers are pretty good)

Cowboys (three weeks ago I thought they were the best team in the NFC, the way they kicked the Giants ass in the second half, I guess I was way wrong)

Giants v Vikings
Dolphins v Bills
Seahawks v 49ers
Chargers v Jaguars
Ravens v Bengals
Cowboys v Bucs

My takes: Giants, Bills, 49ers, Chargers, Bengals, Cowboys
Giants - It's Dime's coming out party
Bills
Hawks
Jags
Ravens
Cowboys

Either the 49er's or bengals are going to lose - One of those teams is losing.