• That you can’t post reviews of non-advertisers

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • That providers are treated poorly

Votes: 7 6.1%

• Total voters

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
Originally posted by justlooking
Anyway, no one's said what they think about ****** in relation to this.
Please translate the g-d asterisks, which imo should have been one of the possible reasons for not posting in the poll.

-Ww

Originally posted by slinkybender
If this:

is responding to this:

I'm not sure I agree that it's on point.
It is.

I always thought the argument (which is much stupider than the one pj is making, but is related), "How can something be legal when it's free but illegal when you pay for it?", was titanically disingenuous and clueless.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
It's probably more evenhandedly exploitative* (although, one thing we've never discussed about the "other place" is if the WOCs who attend go there thinking "there's white dudes there - they don't know any better, we can get higher prices". I know that there is plenty of discussion amoung the WOCs who attend the "non-floating" "underground" "events" (over use of scare quotes?) in Manhattan that they won't go to Brooklyn events anymore because the "broke ass" black guys who populate these events want too much for too little (which is funny since I'm sure they used to go to these events and get the same $, but now they gotten used to "white guy pricing").

i.e. The women are there as much to "exploit" the wealth/fame/connections of the Johns as much as the Johns are there to exploit the sex workers. It's sort of a Predator's Ball of prostitution.

Originally posted by Wwanderer
1 - Don't panic! I'm sure something or someone will intervene at the last minute and prevent any real communication.

2 - But what is the lie exactly, or more importantly, what exactly is the truth? That commercial sex is simply bad or wrong or necessarily always has bad consequences...or sometimes does...or usually does...or...?

(My view, as I suppose is obvious, is that the BIG LIE is that people are incapable of healthy sexual behavior except in the conventional, i.e. romantic, mode.)

-Ww
1. Oh, I'm certain of that.

2. The big lies essentially circle around the idea that the men consider the women to be social equals -- or that the men do not view the women as sex objects. I don't believe they do (or, in the second case, don't).

I don't mean to slander you guys, who I don't know personally and whom I like very much insofar as I "know" you as board personas. So let me make a general statement instead.

In my experience (and secondhand experience gleaned from talking to working girls), johns who are "cynical" about prostitution tend to be much more respectful of prostitutes, IRL, than johns who take a more "romantic" view of the industry.

It's probably more evenhandedly exploitative*
That's what I would have said.

i.e. The women are there as much to "exploit" the wealth/fame/connections of the Johns as much as the Johns are there to exploit the sex workers. It's sort of a Predator's Ball of prostitution.
Wait. I guess not. Cuz I'd contend that that is AT LEAST equally true of the HoJo party.

So I think what I'd say is that ****** is more OBVIOUSLY exploitative, or more HONESTLY exploitative. I guess what I mean is that at ****** they don't wrap the (mutual) exploitation in bacon and serve it on a toothpick as an hor d'ourve.

Last edited:

Wwanderer

Kids, don't try this at home
OK, I think I have figured out what the asterisks mean from SB's post: ****** (<--- presumably this will appear as asterisks if I have guessed correctly; we'll see.)

The answer is that I don't see much simlarity beyond the fact that they are both called parties and both are attended by providers and clients. ****** is simply one of the many possible modes and venues of The Biz, just another in the list of possibilities in/by which the prostitutes and their customers can do business. It fits in with streetwalking and massage parlors and classical brothels and outcall agencies and in/outcall indies and so forth. ****** doesn't particularly appeal to me in several ways, but I do not see it as fundamentally different from any of the other ways of hobbying.

The sort of parties JB brought up are simply not a member of this category, as I have been trying to explain above. They are ancillary activities for the most part.

Does that answer the question?

-Ww

Last edited:
Why Mixed Boards Can't Work

Although, to be clear, I think the way the women are "exploiting" the status of the men at the HoJo party is much different that the way the women do at ******.

But I'm not gonna say more about that here.

Originally posted by Wwanderer
OK, I think I have figured out what the asterisks mean from SB's post: ****** (<--- presumably this will appear as asterisks if I have guessed correctly; we'll see.)

The answer is that I don't see much simlarity beyond the fact that they are both called parties and both are attended by both providers and clients. ****** is simply one of the many possible modes and venues of The Biz, just another in the list of possibilities in/by which the prostitutes and their customers can do business. It fits in with streetwalking and massage parlors and classical brothels and outcall agencies and in/outcall indies and so forth. It doesn't particularly appeal to me in several ways, but I do not see it as fundamentally different from any of the other ways of hobbying.

The sort of parties JB brought up are simply not a member of this category, as I have been trying to explain above. They are ancillary activities for the most part.

Does that answer the question?

-Ww
Yes. And you know what? Despite my last two posts, I agree with you.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
It is.

I always thought the argument (which is much stupider than the one pj is making, but is related), "How can something be legal when it's free but illegal when you pay for it?", was titanically disingenuous and clueless.
I wasn't making an arguement, stupid or otherwise. Merely noting that I had met some women in this "hobby" that would fuck about anyone (male or female, black or white, young or old) with or without money.

pjorourke

Thinks he's Caesar's Wife
Originally posted by alterego
Contact info???

&aelig;
I'd tell you, but unless I wrote a real review to go along with it, I'd get banned. Besides, both that come immediately to mind are utr types that wouldn't appreciate being reviewed.